- Change the login page from using the insecure/unencrypted HTTP to using the secure/encrypted HTTPS
- HTTPS is already setup, so it should be very easy.
- Create a redirect so if a user tries to visit http://www.conquerclub.com they are redirected to https://www.conquerclub.com
- After logging in the user using https, redirect the user back to http for playing games, forum, chat etc
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- Users at a public insecure hotspot will have their password encrypted
- Users at work won't have their passwords sniffed by their system administrators
- Users without encryption on their home wifi won't have their passwords sniffed by their neighbors
- CC won't be liable for users passwords being hacked
- CC will be recognized as a forward thinking and user friendly website, working hard to protect it's users. Instead of a website that just really doesn't give a shit.
- SirSebstar won't have to manually change from HTTP to HTTPS to play games while at work
- sam-c812 wouldn't be reported for cheating
- You don't have to worry about your ISP stealing your password
- You don't have to worry about your government stealing your password
- You don't have to worry about the Tunisian government stealing your password
- I'll stop bitching about it
- I'll change my signature
- Woodruff "Encryption is pointless?" <- I take this to mean he supports it.
- basic_man2010_20<- doesn't specify this is a good idea...but keeps trying to get CC to be more secure
- Darwins_Bane23:03:23 ‹Darwins_Bane› i really would like to see just the login screen run the extra ssl socket
People that seem to thing encryption/security is silly:
If I have you on the wrong list please let me know.