Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Disable foes (automatically) in the following events

Postby QoH on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Disable foes automatically in Clan Wars, Tournaments and Invites*

Concise description:
  • Don't allow foes to be present in the aforementioned events

Specifics/Details:
  • Too many times foe lists get in the way of tournaments and clan wars. By automatically disabling these lists, it would clear a lot of things up.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will enable tourneys and clan wars to run smoother, since less time will be needed to take players off your foe list.To do this, I think, would be really very simple. I know nothing about programing, but to do something like have the system ignore a foe list whenever there is something in the tournament line (don't really know what else to call it).

*As a side note, I don't know if invites can be used to get around the foe lists or not.
Major QoH

Re: Disable foes (automatically) in the following events

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Aforementioned events? Such as...?

I agree with clan wars and tournaments, though.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Electricksabers on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Foe List are already disabled in tournaments and clan wars that use privileges
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby QoH on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:46 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Aforementioned events? Such as...?

I agree with clan wars and tournaments, though.

-rd

JUst read the title... Aforementioned events means CWs, tourneys, and invites.

shaneback wrote:Foe List are already disabled in tournaments and clan wars that use privileges

So its automatically disabled? Or do the user of the foe list have to manually remove foes?
Major QoH

Postby Electricksabers on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:03 am

Yes automatically disabled.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23 am

here's lacks post: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 5#p2370895
now with Clan War privileges, Clan War games are Tournament Games, so this holds for them as well
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

QoH wrote:Disable foes automatically in Clan Wars, Tournaments and Invites*

Concise description:

Specifics/Details:
  • Too many times foe lists get in the way of tournaments and clan wars. By automatically disabling these lists, it would clear a lot of things up.

• This will enable tourneys and clan wars to run smoother, since less time will be needed to take players off your foe list.To do this, I think, would be really very simple. I know nothing about programing, but to do something like have the system ignore a foe list whenever there is something in the tournament line (don't really know what else to call it).

*As a side note, I don't know if invites can be used to get around the foe lists or not.

Ugh!

I should be able to CHOOSE whether to remove a foe or not.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:27 am

stahrgazer wrote:

Concise description:

Specifics/Details:

Ugh!

I should be able to CHOOSE whether to remove a foe or not.

you would say that....
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Woodruff on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 am

Concise description:

Specifics/Details:

Invites absolutely should NOT work-around foe lists. If I don't want to play against someone, I sure as hell don't want them inviting me into games to play with them.

As far as tournaments and clan wars, this makes sense (it's already this way for tournaments, I'm pretty sure).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby QoH on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 am

Alright, thanks for the feedback.
Major QoH

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

Haha, nice post. :lol:
I think I'm going to make a thread with another suggestion; we should have a forum on this website!
:lol:
Major karelpietertje

Postby QoH on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 am

karelpietertje wrote:Haha, nice post. :lol:
I think I'm going to make a thread with another suggestion; we should have a forum on this website!
:lol:

Oh wow, you're so funny.

Truthfully, I didn't know that.
Major QoH

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 am

stahrgazer wrote:I should be able to CHOOSE whether to remove a foe or not.
Yes, but who you play in a tournament should be left up to the organizer.
In this case, your choice would be to either join a tournament, knowing you might possibly play a foe or not. If you cannot tolerate that condition, then don't join the tournament.

In the rare case where there is a truly serious reason for not playing someone, then the choice should be up to the tournament organizer to exclude that person or not. You are always free to just not join any tournament.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:23 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:I should be able to CHOOSE whether to remove a foe or not.
Yes, but who you play in a tournament should be left up to the organizer.
In this case, your choice would be to either join a tournament, knowing you might possibly play a foe or not. If you cannot tolerate that condition, then don't join the tournament.

I have to agree completely.

PLAYER57832 wrote:In the rare case where there is a truly serious reason for not playing someone, then the choice should be up to the tournament organizer to exclude that person or not. You are always free to just not join any tournament.

Back before tournaments started over-riding foe lists, if someone in my tournament refused to un-foe another user for my tournament game, I simply immediately eliminated the user who refused to un-foe and moved on. I wouldn't even mention it to the "foed user" because it's irrelevant. In my view, if you're unhappy with that situation, don't join the tournament knowing that it can happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:In the rare case where there is a truly serious reason for not playing someone, then the choice should be up to the tournament organizer to exclude that person or not. You are always free to just not join any tournament.

Back before tournaments started over-riding foe lists, if someone in my tournament refused to un-foe another user for my tournament game, I simply immediately eliminated the user who refused to un-foe and moved on. I wouldn't even mention it to the "foed user" because it's irrelevant. In my view, if you're unhappy with that situation, don't join the tournament knowing that it can happen.

Almost always this would solve it. The other cases are too few to worry about a rule change. Those few are likely on their way out anyway. (most of the really nasty characters seem to wind up being multis anyway)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Moved
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Archived Suggestions