Conquer Club

[GL] Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Post-game replays.

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Restrict it to your own games, or non-fog games.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Capt.Mainwaring on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 am

yes, that is pretty much my thoughts too. replays for any non-fog game you are involved in and on fog games it could be a selectable option at the start of the game by the host.
Colonel Capt.Mainwaring

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 am

Great idea.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Leitz on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Could be very useful for the ones teaching Cooks!
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 am

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would be workable or easy to implement.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am

I as well, like the idea. However it has been tossed around several times, and is one of the harder ones to implement.
Private blakebowling

Okay, hear me out.

Postby livinlarge3322 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Now this may seem a bit off kilter. It may have already been spoken of previously, I apologize for not checking earlier posts first, But I had a brief vision of being able to replay the games from the beginning to the end in a playback form. To be able to see as players take over the map and the battles that ensue. It would be like the data log describing each turn move, but with it happening on the map. A bit frivolous, but cool sounding.
Sergeant 1st Class livinlarge3322

Re: Okay, hear me out.

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 pm

With troop numbers and all that? That would be...cool, I guess. I think it's been suggested before, though.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Has been suggested before. Many players disapproved of it because players didn't want others to know how they played a certain game with Fog of War.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby grifftron on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:19 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Has been suggested before. Many players disapproved of it because players didn't want others to know how they played a certain game with Fog of War.

What if it was available for all except fog games? That way those hidden tactics could stay hidden, but players would be able to see how games were played out in other style of games? I think its a good idea, and i have wanted to see this myself on some games.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Or in a fog game, you can only see the game from your perspective.. so things you wouldn't have been able to see would have still been foggy
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:36 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Has been suggested before. Many players disapproved of it because players didn't want others to know how they played a certain game with Fog of War.

Oh come on. This is like when you're playing poker with a bunch of non-fun people. It's a game. If you bluff, show your hand. Don't be a little bitch about it: "I don't want them knowing if I bluff or not!".
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 pm

ā€¦

You do realize there is a button that allows you to show the entire log (even in a foggy game!) without the ?'s, right?

If someone is really as uptight and committed enough to watch an entire game with the sole purpose of seeing how a person tends to play a foggy gameā€”a very broad umbrella description, by the way; playing styles vary based on drop, rolls, etc.ā€”they would already do so with the log.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby hotfire on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 am

if this were lex and terry radio they would have hung up on you after hearing the title for ur thread
Colonel hotfire

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 am

I really like this idea.

I actually tried to do this in a 1v1 with screenshots taken before and after every turn, and then I put them together. It sort of worked, but was labor intensive, and anyways, the little numbers are hard to take in at a glance.

Having said that, I am pretty sure this was suggested before, and was shot down due to the amount of processing or server power it would take. I think Sully worked out the math and figured that even with the current game log info, it would require way too much. If I can find that thread I will post a link.

A second suggestion would be to work on a community developed program. You could try getting some of the tech guys together and see if the same info that runs map rank could run a game replay add on.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby jefjef on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:07 am

Yes this had been suggested before. I imagine the server space it would need/use could be much better used. Just read the logs.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:11 am

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby macbone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

I'm curious how much server space would be taken up by hosting replays of games. As a teaching and a learning tool, this sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps we could limit access to games that have ended within a one- or two-week time frame.
Colonel macbone

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 am

macbone wrote:I'm curious how much server space would be taken up by hosting replays of games. As a teaching and a learning tool, this sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps we could limit access to games that have ended within a one- or two-week time frame.

If it was going to be limited it should be limited based on the number of rounds and the number of players in the game.. So basically the number of turns taken. Because otherwise a stalemate speed freestyle game could last 10 hours and 250 rounds, taking up alot of server space, meanwhile and 8-player casual game can take 20 rounds but take 2 months to complete if players take a long time to make their turns
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Turn by Turn View of Map for Completed Games

Postby ATLBravosfan on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Concise description:
  • Turn by turn view of the map of any game that has already concluded

Specifics/Details:
  • Once a game is finished, any player can go back and watch each turn be taken by pressing a "next" or "previous" turn button.
  • Each turn will reflect what was actually occurring during that turn of the game.
  • It would also be possible to view the map from each player's point of view from any turn to see what they saw/didn't see.
  • There would also be a way of jumping directly to a specific turn in the game, as some games are hundreds of turns long.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • How will this not benefit the site? Rather than having to go back through game logs and trying to imagine what happened in the game, each player would now have the ability to go back through and review any game they wish.
  • Sometimes you wonder how one team one, or how another team lost, whether one team blew it or another team used superior skill and tactics the entire game. Now you will know without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Also, this is a possible bonus that could be given out to premium members. Other gaming sites offer indepth statistics for their paying members, to give them a better advantage over the non-paying members. I'm not advocating this at all, but it could be utilized in just this way by the makers of this site.
Brigadier ATLBravosfan

Re: Turn by Turn View of Map for Completed Games

Postby mc05025 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 pm

although this is not a new idea

I like it
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Replay of Game History.

Postby windyday on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Concise description:
[list]
Upon the completion of a game the involved players would be able to watch a real time turn-by-turn play back of the entire game. Players would adjust how fast the video ran, by a turns/second setting. This could be both entertaining and instructive as players watch the events of the game unfold and watch as the power and fortune of each player rises and falls.
Specifics/Details:
[list]
This would probably work better on games that had been going on for a large amount of turns. Shorter games would not benefit as much.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
This would allow players to review games and perhaps improve their skills which would in turn increase interest in the site. It is also just a very fun addition to the site that I believe many people would enjoy. People would be able to show friends and other players full playbacks of a game that they won or where something interesting happened.
Cook windyday

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Try doing a search of the forum to see if your idea has already been suggested or not.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 pm

all-in-all, it would be nice to be able to view turn-by-turn, but the only benefits I see to this is perhaps an ego-trip if you were the winner or a method whereby community members could better identify cheating in the game. Is there something else about this suggestion that would benefit the game?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions