Conquer Club

How to get easy tournament medals

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How to get easy tournament medals

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 am

I just realised that tournament requirement for organisin valid tournament its so low,that you can create very fast 10 to 100 tournament in almost one month.

Organiser get medal for creating 7 tournament games,and winner get medal for play 3 tournament games- these is what i call circus of Tournament,and i dont know how its these aloved to hepend-where its real rules here- ridiculos.

In these way( who its look that its acepted by tournament mods),everybody can get medal,very easy,and very fast.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: How to get easy tournament medals

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:37 am

good that TD notice that,its abouth time to bring some real tournament minimum requirement ,so that any future tournament,look to real tournament, not some kind of joke.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 pm

We've known this for a very long time, which is why some changes were put in place to the minimum requirements.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 pm

that its good, where i can find these "rules" for minimum requirement for organising tournament?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 pm

In the Tournament Handbook.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 am

well i find tournament handbook,and only what its required it number of players
""All tournaments must have at least the following amount of participants:

1v1 and Singles Tournaments: 16 players
Team Tournaments: 8 teams""
These mean that tournament organiser,can create tournament with only 3 games.
Two group of 8-each group play 1 game,and winner of bouth group play final 1vs1 game-tournament are over and TO and Winner get medals- and only what its need-create 3 tourny game.
Well i need to try create these tournament, its time that i also get easy medal,like all ready people get medals for that.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:48 pm

qwert wrote:well i find tournament handbook,and only what its required it number of players
""All tournaments must have at least the following amount of participants:

1v1 and Singles Tournaments: 16 players
Team Tournaments: 8 teams""
These mean that tournament organiser,can create tournament with only 3 games.
Two group of 8-each group play 1 game,and winner of bouth group play final 1vs1 game-tournament are over and TO and Winner get medals- and only what its need-create 3 tourny game.
Well i need to try create these tournament, its time that i also get easy medal,like all ready people get medals for that.

Qwert, there are more rules than just those. Further down in the list it says the winner must play at least 3 games, meaning the organizer has to make more than 3.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:39 pm

again these rules have big holes, so these mean that in mine example two winner of first group games,can set to play 1vs1 3 games,and these rule of winner 3 game,its apply. But these all ready hepend,
If you need help in creating new minimum required games for valid tournament,im happy to help.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

That's fine if you're willing to help change the minimum requirement, but we're not looking to change them at this time.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:53 am

What? So you want to say,that i can create tournament,and i only need to apply two rules?
1.minimum 16 players
2.Winner of Tournament need to have minimum 3 game played???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If these correct, then i will create tournament, like example to see what its wrong.
DJ Teflon all ready find big hole in tournament rules, but its look that need time to all TD open hes eyes to see where is problem.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:06 pm

qwert wrote:What? So you want to say,that i can create tournament,and i only need to apply two rules?
1.minimum 16 players
2.Winner of Tournament need to have minimum 3 game played???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If these correct, then i will create tournament, like example to see what its wrong.
DJ Teflon all ready find big hole in tournament rules, but its look that need time to all TD open hes eyes to see where is problem.

qwert, I've always stated that I dislike tournaments that do the absolute minimum amount just to call it a tournament. I just know that we can't drastically increase the minimum requirements at this time because too many people prefer things they way they are.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

so total 5 games in one tournament for you its ok? And for you,these tournament deserve to be awarded with medals???
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:42 pm

qwert wrote:so total 5 games in one tournament for you its ok? And for you,these tournament deserve to be awarded with medals???

I believe he's answered this question multiple times in this thread already. Give it a rest.
Major Bones2484

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:52 pm

then i will try these nonsence.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 pm

:roll:

So you will go and do the exact thing you're complaining about?? Figures you wouldn't actually mean what you say. I'm pretty sure you're the first person to set up this type of tournament since the new rules were put in place, so you're the one trying to create a problem that doesn't exist. Thanks for showing your maturity.

:roll:
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:13 pm

what new rule?
You tell me that minimum requirement are 16 players,and that winner need to have minimum 3 games. I just want to show that these is nonsence, and that rules need to change, I dont understand how you alove that? You need to have responsibile that people dont create tournaments who dont look like real tournament,and instead that you alove that people get medal for nothing. These mine attempt will(i hope) draw atention,that rules need to change,otherwise all these talk abouth high quality standard of tournaments, will be ruin. Many people all ready have these things ( i can not call these tournament), and they can give to other new people advice how to get tournament medal,whit almost no work.
I dont understand why its so hard to increase number of games required for winner to have.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Now im a bad person, when i want to help you to fix these mistake, and instead to say " Yea you right, its look that people use bad requirement to get medals for nothing, we need to change these mistakes", you close eyes,and pretend that these not hepend???
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

qwert, do you not read what I post???

I DO NOT LIKE WHEN PEOPLE USE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO MAKE A TOURNAMENT.

When we changed those requirements last year, my initial rules were much stricter than what we currently have. However, many people fought hard against that and I had to tone them down to what we have now. No matter how strict the rules are, there will always be people who choose to run the smallest tournament possible just to medal hunt. There's nothing I can do to stop that, so perhaps you should just take pride that you believe your tournaments are better than that and that you will not stoop down to their level.
Major Night Strike

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:03 pm

qwert, please don't. You were around when all this happened last year, no one wants to start it again. A lot of people like to play 16 player 1v1 bracket tourneys, that's why 16 player tourneys was kept. NS raised it to a minimum 3 games played to try to raise the bar, so that people went beyond the absolute easiest tourneys they could possibly come up with.
In my mind the rules are in place to make the smallest tourneys 16 player 1v1 brackets or 8 team brackets. Since there are so many different game types on CC which these rules were not specifically made for, yes, there are loopholes. However, the only thing you will accomplish by exposing the loopholes publicly like you are suggesting is forcing NS and the other TD's to make the rules stricter to close the loopholes. This makes NS look like the bad guy, again, and more importantly takes away a very popular, very legal brand of tournament and quite possibly makes CC lose some tourney players who like tourneys like that, all because you can't follow the "spirit" of the law.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Kinnison on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:53 pm

So, let me get this straight...
qwert wrote:I just realised that tournament requirement for organisin valid tournament its so low,that you can create very fast 10 to 100 tournament in almost one month.

Organiser get medal for creating 7 tournament games,and winner get medal for play 3 tournament games- these is what i call circus of Tournament,and i dont know how its these aloved to hepend-where its real rules here- ridiculos.

In these way( who its look that its acepted by tournament mods),everybody can get medal,very easy,and very fast.

qwert wrote:good that TD notice that,its abouth time to bring some real tournament minimum requirement ,so that any future tournament,look to real tournament, not some kind of joke.

So, you think the minimums are too low. I certainly wouldn't want to play many built to the minimums, or run ANY built to the minimums... I'd go mad with boredom.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=138620

And yet, here you go, running a "ridiculos", "joke", "circus of Tournament" one built in that exact manner... to "let the TD's know it's a problem." This despite NS *asking* you not to do so, and both he and jp telling you they were quite aware of the situation.

Oh, and the threads from last year...
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=106109
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=110782
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=110797
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=106110
...for just some of the vitriol and warfare that came about because the minimums were raised to where they are now, and THAT damn near caused a revolt!

Enjoy your medal for running your unimaginative... THING..., qwert. I won't be playing in it. I prefer a tournament that requires at least a little thought to come up with... and a bit of effort to win. And I hope the thought that you informed everyone of a known issue helps you sleep well at night.

Oh, and knowing how you usually respond to your critics (wherever they happen to be criticizing you from), I'll expect a comfy place on your foe list shortly. Ta!
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 am

by jrh_cardinal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:03 am

qwert, please don't. You were around when all this happened last year, no one wants to start it again. A lot of people like to play 16 player 1v1 bracket tourneys, that's why 16 player tourneys was kept. NS raised it to a minimum 3 games played to try to raise the bar, so that people went beyond the absolute easiest tourneys they could possibly come up with.
In my mind the rules are in place to make the smallest tourneys 16 player 1v1 brackets or 8 team brackets. Since there are so many different game types on CC which these rules were not specifically made for, yes, there are loopholes. However, the only thing you will accomplish by exposing the loopholes publicly like you are suggesting is forcing NS and the other TD's to make the rules stricter to close the loopholes. This makes NS look like the bad guy, again, and more importantly takes away a very popular, very legal brand of tournament and quite possibly makes CC lose some tourney players who like tourneys like that, all because you can't follow the "spirit" of the law.

Jrh_cardinal, i dont say nothing abouth player minimum requirement,16 players are OK, but game minimum are not OK. 1vs1 Tournament are OK, i dont have nothing against these.
Minimum requirement game per one tournament need to change,because i belive that tournament medal need to have some value,and not to be awarded for creating total 7 games in all tournament. I only want to show what its wrong with rules,and nothing else, maybe after that many people will see where is loophole,and that rules are very weak.
I repeat minimum number of players are OK.
Minimum numbers of games are serious problem.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:41 am

kinnison, im want to be help im not a enemy of TD, and i belive that TD need to do best, that Tournament have value. If something are wrong they need to change, to be fair for everybody. I can not imagine that someone can be against that.
All Tournament rules are ok, but only these one are bad
16 player-these is OK
3 game -these is not OK
I just not understand what people made pressure to TD to lowered this to apsolutly zero minimum- almost that minimum for games not exist.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:06 am

what qwert is doing is setting up a tournament where the players still need to win the minimum 3 games but the TO only needs to create 4 games (5 max). the tournament seems to be about him getting an easy medal, not the players.

put a minimum numbers of games created for the TO to get a medal and these shenanigans will cease.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 am

greenoaks wrote:what qwert is doing is setting up a tournament where the players still need to win the minimum 3 games but the TO only needs to create 4 games (5 max). the tournament seems to be about him getting an easy medal, not the players.

put a minimum numbers of games created for the TO to get a medal and these shenanigans will cease.

There wasn't a problem until qwert decided to make it a problem. If he wasn't trying to make these types of tournaments, no one would be doing it. He's the one creating a problem that no one else had tried to exploit before.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Night Strike wrote:
greenoaks wrote:what qwert is doing is setting up a tournament where the players still need to win the minimum 3 games but the TO only needs to create 4 games (5 max). the tournament seems to be about him getting an easy medal, not the players.

There wasn't a problem until qwert decided to make it a problem. If he wasn't trying to make these types of tournaments, no one would be doing it. He's the one creating a problem that no one else had tried to exploit before.

i have always had a problem with it.

in a 16 player single elimination tourney the TO creates 15 games and gets a medal but if it is a dubs, trips or quads single elimination only 7 games are required.

so far i have run 2 doubles tournaments but i did so with 32 players so that the workload for me would match a 16 player single elimination bracket tourney.

qwert is merely pointing out that TO medals are given for very little effort. i am sure he wouldn't mind going without a medal in his current tourney if the minimum was set to that of a 16 player single elimination.
Sergeant greenoaks

Next

Return to Tournament Archives