Conquer Club

HOW to join/start a clan A MUST READ!!!

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

HOW to join/start a clan A MUST READ!!!

Postby peanutsdad on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Start by reading this.

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=31932#p828020

After you have thoroughly read all the information on there, then please feel free to contact any clan leader that's posted on this page about recruiting to see about joining a clan, or get the necessary people together, minimum 10, and here's the important part, BEFORE you post in the create/join a competitive clan thread that your starting a new one. That way you have a clan, and can actually post on the recruiting page. If you have any question feel free to contact me directly and i'll help walk you through the process. But STOP posting recruiting threads for new clans if you do not have enough people to begin with to form a clan, it's a waste of time and space.
Last edited by peanutsdad on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Re: Newbs, cooks, privates, how to join/start a clan

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:09 pm

True philanthropist here.
=D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:09 pm

While I agree that the abundance of new attempts at starting clans is rather ridiculous, from what I've seen jp and the rest of team cc's position has always been that you can post in the create/join a clan forum with any amount of members, only 1 if you want,and recruit from within that thread.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby peanutsdad on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:While I agree that the abundance of new attempts at starting clans is rather ridiculous, from what I've seen jp and the rest of team cc's position has always been that you can post in the create/join a clan forum with any amount of members, only 1 if you want,and recruit from within that thread.

Yes, while it is possible to post by yourself and try and build a clan, the link i posted teaches you how to do it the right way, the way we would all like it to be done. As you said, there's been an abundance of posts over the last few months of single individuals posting to start a clan, when if they would have read the link above they could have taken just a little more time, and either joined a clan in order to learn the ropes, or gathered 10 other people in order to actually have a clan, then post to recruit, which is what this section is technically for.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby chemefreak on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 pm

pd:

If everyone just leaves the thread alone it will go away. If the player is actually able to collect 10 members and make a serious attempt then who are we to say they can't?
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Although it may have came across as harsh. I think pd has actually trying to help new forming clans, and people who would start them.
Giving them the info to make a successful clan is great, it seems in the last month there is a larger draw to clans, and for inexperienced players (inexperienced in clans) starting them.
Often these players can be drawn by the flash, overlooking some of the fundamentals. I dont think he is saying people shouldnt or cant create clans, more that they should understand the basics of creation before making the "Join my Clan" post.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby peanutsdad on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 pm

jigger1986 wrote:Although it may have came across as harsh. I think pd has actually trying to help new forming clans, and people who would start them.
Giving them the info to make a successful clan is great, it seems in the last month there is a larger draw to clans, and for inexperienced players (inexperienced in clans) starting them.
Often these players can be drawn by the flash, overlooking some of the fundamentals. I dont think he is saying people shouldnt or cant create clans, more that they should understand the basics of creation before making the "Join my Clan" post.

Exactly!!!
I was not trying to stop anyone from creating a clan, not at all, I just think we have the tools in place to do so the right way, that's all. hence my saying, feel free to contact me for help. Thanks Jigger
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby chemefreak on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

peanutsdad wrote:Exactly!!!
I was not trying to stop anyone from creating a clan, not at all, I just think we have the tools in place to do so the right way, that's all. hence my saying, feel free to contact me for help. Thanks Jigger

That is very nice of you. I would also like to add that should anyone desire to correspond with another experienced clan guy, my Inbox is always open for questions too.

Maybe just change your Thread Subject so it is not so...um...possibly condescending? Just seems like someone may not contact you because they do not feel they are a newb. Just a thought.
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: HOW to join/start a clan A MUST READ!!!

Postby peanutsdad on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am

Ok, how's that for a new heading?
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby shocked439 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

peanutsdad wrote:Ok, how's that for a new heading?

I was kind of partial to the last one.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby ScaryTeded on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

peanutsdad wrote:
jigger1986 wrote:Although it may have came across as harsh. I think pd has actually trying to help new forming clans, and people who would start them.

Exactly!!!

I am with you 100% on this M8 ;)
Teddy
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby chemefreak on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:33 am

peanutsdad wrote:Ok, how's that for a new heading?

I like it.
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:36 am

I suggest a sticky
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 am

i dont know why, but all these threads (lollkitens,boy wonder, majottom) its much interesting and funny,then all other threads.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 am

Its not the same for all people that try and start up a clan like that. I had just me when I posted the thread for the 4th Crusade in here, and now we have a thriving clan. I think its the way that you do it that is the right thing. The thing with majot and boomboom is "JOIN MY CLAN", or "CLAN WILL GET HIGH RANKS!" Personally those headings dont attract me. Now if someone was starting a new clan with the header "New Clan Name [Forming]" Then they would be taken a lot more seriously than others.

Dont get me wrong there is a right and wrong way to do it. But if you do the wrong way in a specific way the borders start to become slightly greyer.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:02 pm

peanutsdad wrote:I was not trying to stop anyone from creating a clan, not at all, I just think we have the tools in place to do so the right way, that's all. hence my saying, feel free to contact me for help. Thanks Jigger

This is a good post :) , in fact this whole thread is good (after you changed the title), I just had a problem with you going around to the people's individual "starting a clan" threads and telling them they can't. Rather than respond to each of those and cause more of a problem, I just addressed it in here.

Army of GOD wrote:I suggest a sticky

Yes please :) , there definitely should be a stickied topic of how to create a clan in the create a clan section :P . I agree that people absolutely SHOULD look through the whole clan section before starting a clan, which would make them come across the original How to Join/Create a Clan Thread, but the fact is they don't, and it's not exactly easily visible on the general clan page, you have to scroll down to get to it. Having a duplicate here would hopefully help a lot.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby ScaryTeded on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:12 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
peanutsdad wrote:I was not trying to stop anyone from creating a clan, not at all, I just think we have the tools in place to do so the right way, that's all. hence my saying, feel free to contact me for help. Thanks Jigger

This is a good post :) , in fact this whole thread is good (after you changed the title), I just had a problem with you going around to the people's individual "starting a clan" threads and telling them they can't. Rather than respond to each of those and cause more of a problem, I just addressed it in here.

Army of GOD wrote:I suggest a sticky

Yes please :) , there definitely should be a stickied topic of how to create a clan in the create a clan section :P . I agree that people absolutely SHOULD look through the whole clan section before starting a clan, which would make them come across the original How to Join/Create a Clan Thread, but the fact is they don't, and it's not exactly easily visible on the general clan page, you have to scroll down to get to it. Having a duplicate here would hopefully help a lot.

Agreed Love the sticky idea I was stupid when We created the LOTZ and wasted my time reading the rules on how to roflmao =D> =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby peanutsdad on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 am

Bump
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby ScaryTeded on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Bumper lol
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby peanutsdad on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 pm

well if they'd make it a sticky i wouldn't have to bump it..lol
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:47 am

I wonder why they aren't...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 am

Army of GOD wrote:I wonder why they aren't...

Because there already is one stickied in the main clan thread? (I think the one Peanuts is linking to in the OP?)
Tho I do agree that it may be best to have that stickied here as well.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 am

TheSaxlad wrote:Its not the same for all people that try and start up a clan like that. I had just me when I posted the thread for the 4th Crusade in here, and now we have a thriving clan. I think its the way that you do it that is the right thing. The thing with majot and boomboom is "JOIN MY CLAN", or "CLAN WILL GET HIGH RANKS!" Personally those headings dont attract me. Now if someone was starting a new clan with the header "New Clan Name [Forming]" Then they would be taken a lot more seriously than others.

Dont get me wrong there is a right and wrong way to do it. But if you do the wrong way in a specific way the borders start to become slightly greyer.

BUMP. considering nobody paid attention im going to post it again.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby ScaryTeded on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Classic :
I need people for mah new clan *become high ranks*

lolkittens wrote:Its a long time since I have been on this thread. But Im not sure Im going to make the clan now. Skewl takes too much time.

Put a Sticky on this post not all read the Forums before wasting space and our time ..
Thanks,
Teddy
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby benga on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 am

Why isn't this a sticky?
Sergeant benga

Next

Return to Clan Archives