Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup Leader Powers

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

It will lead to an epidemic.
Captain notyou2

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 pm

notyou2 wrote:It will lead to an epidemic.

Do it stiki it now! All the more chaos!(to bad I don't know what epidemic is)
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:DO NOT STICKY THIS THREAD.

That would be bad. Very, very, bad.

My thoughts exactly.

Lol, why?

Notice the irony as I stickied it 2 seconds after I posted this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:DO NOT STICKY THIS THREAD.

That would be bad. Very, very, bad.

My thoughts exactly.

Lol, why?

Notice the irony as I stickied it 2 seconds after I posted this.

*Yay irony!*
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 am

Also, checking in. This is currently fourth on my CC list (doesn't sound extremely high but considering it was about 10th). Anyway I've made a bit of a prototype, and when I make some more progress I'll post up a link for you guys to test it.
Private blakebowling

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 am

The first thread of the great unravelling has appeared.

Prepare thineselves.
Captain notyou2

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:57 pm

blakebowling wrote:Also, checking in. This is currently fourth on my CC list (doesn't sound extremely high but considering it was about 10th). Anyway I've made a bit of a prototype, and when I make some more progress I'll post up a link for you guys to test it.

Sweet, thanks, blake!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:Also, checking in. This is currently fourth on my CC list (doesn't sound extremely high but considering it was about 10th). Anyway I've made a bit of a prototype, and when I make some more progress I'll post up a link for you guys to test it.

Could someone please update the original post...?

...and ask Andy Dufresne to edit his page one comments saying that this is impossible to do?

Andy rarely double-posts, and he did it here on page one saying: "[Adding subforums to the Usergroups is impossible in phbb.]"
If Andy was (*gasp*) wrong, perhaps he should edit his posts as they are currently misleading. If he was correct, why is this suggestion still circulating?

As to the suggestion, if this is possible, I'd like to see it implemented. The clan and usergroup fora are cluttered and additional levels of organization could help clean up some of that. Might also be nice to allow leaders to delete posts, or at least create a method whereby a leader can request an admin to clean-up their respective forum.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:

Could someone please update the original post...?

...and ask Andy Dufresne to edit his page one comments saying that this is impossible to do?

Andy rarely double-posts, and he did it here on page one saying: "[Adding subforums to the Usergroups is impossible in phbb.]"
If Andy was (*gasp*) wrong, perhaps he should edit his posts as they are currently misleading. If he was correct, why is this suggestion still circulating?

As to the suggestion, if this is possible, I'd like to see it implemented. The clan and usergroup fora are cluttered and additional levels of organization could help clean up some of that. Might also be nice to allow leaders to delete posts, or at least create a method whereby a leader can request an admin to clean-up their respective forum.

I don't believe the Subforum was apart of what blake was working on. I think it was more along the lines of being able to sticky/unsticky things and such things like that.

Btw I will update the first post later in the afternoon.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Just thought I'd add that at the time Andy posted that, it was true. Now, being on a completely re-designed version of phpBB, this could be done, with significant code modification.

Also, the ability of clan leaders to modify subforums and such, should be in a future version of my mod, however the most important part is the new Clan Management console (a better version of the group management in the UCP, and the ability for clan leaders to moderate clan forums without seeing information they don't need to see).
Private blakebowling

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:Just thought I'd add that at the time Andy posted that, it was true. Now, being on a completely re-designed version of phpBB, this could be done, with significant code modification.

Also, the ability of clan leaders to modify subforums and such, should be in a future version of my mod, however the most important part is the new Clan Management console (a better version of the group management in the UCP, and the ability for clan leaders to moderate clan forums without seeing information they don't need to see).

Great! I'm glad this is getting closer to being done, truly one of the most useful things for clans possible right now.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

multiple forums inside of a forum

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 pm

well for the clans what i am suggesting is to make ti so that you can have a forum inside of the forum or multiple forums inside ofthe thread.

what I am saying is this clan x has thread named clan wars or something like that

inside that they can make new threads with posts of all thier clan wars.
i think it would be called sub forums or something like that like you guys do with the C&A it allows you to have 2 forums inside of the C&A forum.. not sure if that makes since

This will help the site as it will help clans to be able to keep the forums more organized and they wont have 99999999 threads about 1 thing and can never find anything.
Cook basic_man2010_20

Re: multiple forums inside of a forum

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 pm

What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged

Merged? These were different suggestions.

that said, giving leaders regular mod powers would be great. If the programming issues are fixed, hope to see it implemented
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:What you are asking for is Sub-forums. blakebowling already has this on his to-do list.

Merged

Merged? These were different suggestions.

that said, giving leaders regular mod powers would be great. If the programming issues are fixed, hope to see it implemented

Making Sub-forums was apart of the original suggestion, and blake already said he will be including that power when he gets around to doing this forum mod.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

okay i guess i should ahve checked for that before i psotedf for it
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Can the clan leaders get some sort of vapourizing laser powers?

Something that would work like nuclear spoils so they would have better control over the more independent clan members?

This would be awesome and would work to keep clan members quiet and stay inline. I expect there would be far less controversy on this site and better behaved minions.
Captain notyou2

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

notyou2 wrote:Can the clan leaders get some sort of vapourizing laser powers?

Something that would work like nuclear spoils so they would have better control over the more independent clan members?

This would be awesome and would work to keep clan members quiet and stay inline. I expect there would be far less controversy on this site and better behaved minions.

Clan leaders temporarily banning people from their subforum? I don't think so, lol. That could be abused soooo much.

-rd

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:

Clan leaders temporarily banning people from their subforum? I don't think so, lol. That could be abused soooo much.

-rd

Ban's don't work like that. Just kick them out of the group, and put them back later.
Private blakebowling

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

-rd

Ban's don't work like that. Just kick them out of the group, and put them back later.

No, not booting powers....vapourizing powers that shoot out of the eyes like lazers.
Captain notyou2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby blakebowling on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.

Groups can have an unlimited number of leaders, well, that is to say, it is not limited by the forum software. I believe it will be much easier to allow groups to have more leaders, as the group owner would be able to add/edit leaders automatically in the Clan Control Panel.
Private blakebowling

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 pm

blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:One other addition, (don't think it needs a whole new thread, though) is to allow some groups, specifically discussion groups, to have more than 3 moderators. I understand that it might be unweildy for many groups to have that many, but there are exceptions.

Groups can have an unlimited number of leaders, well, that is to say, it is not limited by the forum software. I believe it will be much easier to allow groups to have more leaders, as the group owner would be able to add/edit leaders automatically in the Clan Control Panel.

Clans are only allowed 4 leaders.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby blakebowling on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Clans are only allowed 4 leaders.

My point was, this rule is put in place by the admins. And it is not limited by the forum software.
Private blakebowling

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Should this be moved to submitted if it's being worked on? :-k

-rd

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions