I had a dream.... about beta (MapMaker Killer series: MMK)

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is that a good idea?

YES
64%
YES but not in beta
9%
YES but only for beta
18%
NO
9%

Total votes : 22

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:41 pm

perchorin wrote:The problem here is, most people play in tournaments for the winner's medal. What happens if the mapmaker wins, he/she gets a medal for winning one game? The other person in the finals comes away with nothing after all their hard work getting there? I think the only way you could do this is if the mapmaker was in the tourney from the very beginning and had to play/win just as many games as anyone else to win it. That's possible now, if said mapmaker is interested.

There would be no guarantee that the mapmaker would make it through the preliminary rounds, and that would defeat the whole purpose. The point is to face the mapmaker in the grand finale, and that requires giving him a free pass to get there, which in turn disqualifies him from a medal.

After all, any mapmaker can sign up for any tournament at any time and he has a chance to win a medal the regular way. This would be something special, something extra.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DJENRE on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Ty for ur post. I send u a pm ;)
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby DJENRE on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 am

Update with new map in final forge

And a quick sign done! coul be something like this one : Image but I'm sure cartographer can do much better. ;)
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby DJENRE on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:02 pm

ISN2 wrote:It's a real nice idea, If some day my map arrived at beta, I will participate for sure :)
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Re: I had a dream.... about beta (MapMaker Killer series: MM

Postby DJENRE on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm

WHat do you think about that one?

Last edited by DJENRE on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Postby OliverFA on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I like the idea of defending my map in a tournament (Research & Conquer, you need to update the list to show my name ;) ). It is a really interesting idea even if I don't get a medal for it. In fact if someone is making a tournament with my map, that's enough reward for me. I don't need a medal. But I do want to defense the map title at the end of the tournament!

You can always give a medal to the winner and an extra medal for defeating the mapmaker.

I think that each map should have its own settings. For example, Research and Conquer will be best played with 6 players. So the "finale" would be for the 4 best players plus the 2 mapmakers.

Instead of making just one single game, you can make leagues with the most significant settings (spoils, reinforcements, FoW, etc) so the winner if the one who really owns the map in all settings (or most of them).
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Lieutenant OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby DJENRE on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 am

Thank you for joining as MM and also as a player for other MMK.

You've been added in both lists. ;)
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Postby uk massive on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am

Would be nice getting one over on the map maker, i'm in please
Cook uk massive

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby OliverFA on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:00 pm

I received your form for inscribing the map in the tournament series. I'll wait a little bit before filling it, as we are concentrating right now in pushing the map to the beta. Will inscribe the map when this situation is a bit more solved.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Lieutenant OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby DJENRE on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

OliverFA wrote:I received your form for inscribing the map in the tournament series. I'll wait a little bit before filling it, as we are concentrating right now in pushing the map to the beta. Will inscribe the map when this situation is a bit more solved.

Yes of course, and we'll play few games too to appreciate what best settings could be ;)

I send it to all MM so you received it too. You know you could found it in both thread when needed.
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Postby theBastard on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

all this seems as good and helpfull idea.
I am glad that you add my map here and ofcourse I agree to use it...

just, no each mapmaker is good player - so some finals against mapmaker could be "easier" as semifinal :lol:
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Postby DJENRE on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Thank you for participatin, let me know when your map becomes beta
ANd I know that MM are not that that good, that have been discussed already. ;) But the only challenge is to fight MM
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Postby DJENRE on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 pm

List of maps updated
Private 1st Class DJENRE

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives