Conquer Club

[NC] Newcomers Cup /winners=THE PACK/

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Newcomers Cup

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm

ga7 wrote:I have a feeling our tie vs OSA will be the closest

wow, rough draw. You guys got out of playing them in the play-in round, now you end up them pre-finals anyway :lol:

So it looks like The Pack caught a break, they get an easier road to the finals even though it appears everyone who has posted puts them as the 4th best clan :P
No offense to RA, but I don't think you guys are at the same level as WG or OSA right now.

I also like how so far more people have picked 7 over 1 than 6 over 7 :P

idk, you guys posting these things are some of the same people who made the rankings, I don't understand how you could rank them like this, then immediately say all of these things about how bad the rankings are.

Oh well, back on subject, the actual games:
As of now, I don't think any round 1 challenge will be down to the wire. Hard to say with new clans (Pig Renters in particular), but I think Pig Renters have a good-sized advantage over AKA, and the top 5 seeds should have very little difficulty with their opponents.

rd 2:
GR over PR
WG over OSA
PACK over RA
I don't think GR (if they continue to play as well as they are against LOTZ) or THE PACK should have much trouble, WG and OSA I feel bad for :P, they both deserve a chance to be in the finals, and I think the finals of GR, WG, and OSA is very evenly matched and would be incredibly interesting to watch. As it is, I think WG's experience wins out (barely), and they squeak into the finals over OSA.

finals:
1 GR
2 WG
3 PACK
GR is extremely streaky (I would know :P ). When they're playing like they are now in their war against LOTZ, they're the best clan in this event imo. However, with almost the same players as they have now (there's 1 or 2 new guys, I think 3 of us left), only a month or two ago they played much nowhere close to this caliber in a few wars and in the clan league. Playing like that, they're only a middle of the pack (no pun intended) clan here, they could even miss out on the finals altogether.
I'm hoping the good version of GR can stick around for a while now (forever :D ), so that's who I'm going with
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:38 pm

First of, thanks Cardinal for the support.

I was thinking the same thing with the rankings. The people who made them, ranked GR 1st, but most are now saying we wont make it past round 2, interested. They also ranked Pig lower than us, but assume they would beat us in round 2.

The most surprising/upsetting thing is the low ranking of OSA and WG. And especially that, (assuming they both win their first round wars) their match up in the semis (I personally ranked them 1 and 2) so seeing two clear favorites have to fight it out before the finals is, well, kinda shitty for lack of better words.

GR, since being invited, has been pumped for this challenge, and its just keeps getting bigger, with the breakout onto the clan world of OSA(a 2 game loss to DB is pretty impressive considering it was OSA's 2 war, and DB recent activity) When I found out WG would be playing it just sweetened the pot.

As for predictions I will make none. Reapers are playing to win, and we are confident that we have what it takes to pull it out.

Again, good luck to all involved.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Drew483 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Let's get in on!
Sergeant 1st Class Drew483

Postby benga on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:48 pm

WOW this is getting bigger then CCup 2 :D :D

And as always our war thread is silent
and field of war will be full with victories ;)
Sergeant benga

Postby General Brock II on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm

So the odds are 8 to 1 against the 1st? Taking bets, anyone? *pops open briefcase* $20 says the Guards prevail over the reapers. :lol: Kidding, kidding. :P
Captain General Brock II

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

General Brock II wrote:So the odds are 8 to 1 against the 1st? Taking bets, anyone? *pops open briefcase* $20 says the Guards prevail over the reapers. :lol: Kidding, kidding. :P

Oh if we could only gamble on this site, I would never leave.
I would give you 8:1 all day on that bet. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 pm

I notice nobody has even mentioned SoH. You shouldn't discount us outright. We've got some fight in us. At least enough to make it to Round 2. But apparently, nobody else thinks so.... :D
Major tkr4lf

Postby alt1978 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:24 pm

For our part we were also surprised by OSA and WG not being higher. The FFS have been beating us like we stole something the last month or two...and we have single handedly helped vicsmasters get his third bar. Seeing how well OSA is playing the FFS...hard to imagine them not the hands down number one...but that's just my take. It would be fun to see the winner of the Newcomer's Cup get a shot at playing one of the top tier clans...maybe not a 1-4 but a 5-10. Again my take...and again...great job setting this up Benga.
Major alt1978

Postby Great-Ollie on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 pm

alt1978 wrote:For our part we were also surprised by OSA and WG not being higher. The FFS have been beating us like we stole something the last month or two...and we have single handedly helped vicsmasters get his third bar. Seeing how well OSA is playing the FFS...hard to imagine them not the hands down number one...but that's just my take. It would be fun to see the winner of the Newcomer's Cup get a shot at playing one of the top tier clans...maybe not a 1-4 but a 5-10. Again my take...and again...great job setting this up Benga.

Any top clans out there want a shot at the Newcomers Cup champions? I like this idea it would put even more on the line for the winner.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby shocked439 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 am

Great-Ollie wrote:
alt1978 wrote:For our part we were also surprised by OSA and WG not being higher. The FFS have been beating us like we stole something the last month or two...and we have single handedly helped vicsmasters get his third bar. Seeing how well OSA is playing the FFS...hard to imagine them not the hands down number one...but that's just my take. It would be fun to see the winner of the Newcomer's Cup get a shot at playing one of the top tier clans...maybe not a 1-4 but a 5-10. Again my take...and again...great job setting this up Benga.

Any top clans out there want a shot at the Newcomers Cup champions? I like this idea it would put even more on the line for the winner.

In the ccup thread there was discussion about another event later in the year featuring more clans. Maybe once the cup is down to 8 or so.

If I was wagering on this event I'd take OSA and I'd hedge it with a bet on WG who ever wins that battle is taking this.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby eddie2 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 am

Great-Ollie wrote:

lol ollie maybe get kort or tofu or empire one of the top 3 to promise a challenge 2 the victor of this. i know cof wont refuse but would the other 2 have the balls to face the winner.
Major eddie2

Postby Incandenza on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 am

This should be an excellent way for some newer clans to prove themselves. I couldn't possibly hazard a guess as to the winner, but gl to all involved, and hats off to benga (and shane) for organizing.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby sdh on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:16 am

I just checked all the clans average score using Clan Rank. I like the way it looks! :D

1 RA: 2035
2 GRIM: 2024
3 Pack: 1978
4 WG: 1958
5 OSA: 1895
6 AKA: 1859
7 PIG: 1763
8 SoH: 1680
9 T4C: 1625
10 1RFG: 1520
11 O66: 1353
12 WD: 1348
Colonel sdh

Postby nagerous on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 am

Very close at the top, 100 points difference is really the difference between one week and the next.

Good luck to all clans ;)
Captain nagerous

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:16 am

Well why WG are ranked to 5th place, this is quite simple. Many clans know for our old name L4D, but then we transform to WG, stay with same team,and get reinforcment with experience players from NEMESIS and BPB. L4D whas ranked in Chuuk clan ranking in 20 place ,above all clans here. We dont play any chalenge presenting new name, and these have influence in new clans to rank as in no 5 place. Who will be in final-well i will tell after semifinal game finish.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Great-Ollie on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

Ya i think that was why WG was ranked so low. Considering i ranked you guys number 1 and so did a couple others, there were some clans that must have ranked you last! lol Anyways i feel sorry for RA, they deserve to be in the finals as well but they have to face us! sdh knows i have his number! lol I think we all need to quit worrying about the rankings and let our games do the talking. Good luck everyone.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby TheSaxlad on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:52 pm

score means nothing. so you can farm oasis. Big deal.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:Ya i think that was why WG was ranked so low. Considering i ranked you guys number 1 and so did a couple others, there were some clans that must have ranked you last! lol Anyways i feel sorry for RA, they deserve to be in the finals as well but they have to face us! sdh knows i have his number! lol I think we all need to quit worrying about the rankings and let our games do the talking. Good luck everyone.

so who do you think "deserves to be in the finals"? Sounds to me like you say about 6 clans do, lol
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby eddie2 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:52 pm

qwert wrote:Well why WG are ranked to 5th place, this is quite simple. Many clans know for our old name L4D, but then we transform to WG, stay with same team,and get reinforcment with experience players from NEMESIS and BPB. L4D whas ranked in Chuuk clan ranking in 20 place ,above all clans here. We dont play any chalenge presenting new name, and these have influence in new clans to rank as in no 5 place. Who will be in final-well i will tell after semifinal game finish.

wait a min am i complaining in the power rankings no wg are a new clan with no proven track record. like aka is really time but we got classed as a new clan. so there a ?'s that need 2 be asked.

1) is the leadership as good
2) do the new players fit in.

these can not be replyed to because you have not played a challenge yet.
Major eddie2

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:09 pm

who complaining? I just give explanation to all people who suprised why WG its low ranked in newcomers cup.
No complaining here,im ready to play with everybody.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nagerous on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

TheSaxlad wrote:score means nothing. so you can farm oasis. Big deal.

Spoken like a true striper. You've farmed oasis it seems more than any of us it seems. I've played it twice and lost both times.
Captain nagerous

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Fantastic competition here - gla
Major laughingcavalier

Postby ga7 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Saxlad - if you think it takes farming to be a CO in the huge majority of cases you're sorely mistaken. Maybe brig and higher would be more accurate, seeing the scoreboard I know there are many exceptions though.

I have to agree the organization is great here, kudos to benga and if there ever is a need for a secondary cup besides the CC one I think it would be found here, to use a footy analogy it could be the defunct UEFA cup to the older form of Champions' league :D

In any case, ranking and predictions mean nothing compared to the battlefield, good fights to all clans!
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:32 am

ga7 wrote:Saxlad - if you think it takes farming to be a CO in the huge majority of cases you're sorely mistaken. Maybe brig and higher would be more accurate, seeing the scoreboard I know there are many exceptions though.

I have to agree the organization is great here, kudos to benga and if there ever is a need for a secondary cup besides the CC one I think it would be found here, to use a footy analogy it could be the defunct UEFA cup to the older form of Champions' league :D

In any case, ranking and predictions mean nothing compared to the battlefield, good fights to all clans!

Why not just use the new Europa League then?
I'm not sure if it's possible for a Super Cup tie between the champion of this and The Conqueror's Cup, but the earlier suggestion of one of the other top 10 participating could be a definite possibility!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ga7 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:56 am

Well it wouldn't make much sense to me using the new format because here we have the CL for league format, cups should stay bracket events without group stage IMO.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges