Conquer Club

Lunar War

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Lunar War

Postby eurosport on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 am

Hi,

Questions about Lunar war.. team game (dubs, trips, quads - ok it maybe depends which one, but the main idea should be the same)
1. is it better go to eliminate opponents, or better just follow objectives? Shuttle + 5 Helium mine?
2. In Information is written "Helium -3 mine", but at bonuses at this is "+3". This "helium -3 mine" is just a title or does it mean that it will take off 3 troops after starting your turn and in the same time it will give a bonuse "+3".. please explain it to me :)

Any other suggestions to win on this map are welcome :)

Thanks
Brigadier eurosport

Re: Lunar War

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:13 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

And depends on the game type in my experience. In 1v1 it's better to take out your opponent, same probably with 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. In multiplayer games the objective can be a viable strategy.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

well, Helium - 3 is actually the name of a Helium isotope and has more to do with chemistry than game play. For all purposes, "Helium - 3" is just a name.
Strategy hint: never reinforce off the shuttles.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:50 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Strategy hint: never reinforce off the shuttles.

I wouldn't say never. I would advice that after the first few turns, it's generally wise to keep a substantial force on all of your shuttles to prevent anyone taking them too easily.

However there are some situations when it is worth it to move your forces from the shuttles. Like if you need the troops to eliminate an opponent or make a stab at the objective. You just have to weigh the risks against the benefits, like with any move.

Damn, someone should write a strategy guide for this ;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:55 am

natty_dread wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:Strategy hint: never reinforce off the shuttles.

I wouldn't say never. I would advice that after the first few turns, it's generally wise to keep a substantial force on all of your shuttles to prevent anyone taking them too easily.

However there are some situations when it is worth it to move your forces from the shuttles. Like if you need the troops to eliminate an opponent or make a stab at the objective. You just have to weigh the risks against the benefits, like with any move.

Damn, someone should write a strategy guide for this ;)

well, yeah, there are some situations where you might need to reinforce off the shuttles, but as a general rule, I usually don't.
Reason being, if you're not the first one to the missile bases, and they have tons of troops, they will more than likely go after the shuttles that have only 1 troop on them, and will leave the 11 troop shuttles alone (unless they've got 50 or so more troops). Then, your shuttles don't get stolen, and you can conquer the missile base from the other player (who almost always leaves only 1 troop on the base), and then steal all the low troop shuttles.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Return to Conquer Club Discussion