Conquer Club

Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually + Longevity]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually]

Postby jpeter15 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Gold Knight wrote:Which is why I like the implementation of the leap ladder recently, as in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Im sure this is a mentality that alot of people share, which is why the "perceptions" shown here more often than not show the results they do.

For the sake of argument, THOTA beat TSM, TOFU beat KORT, TSM just beat TOFU in a mini challenge, and if KORT beats THOTA, then we are looking at....

THOTA>TSM>TOFU>KORT>THOTA

Also, if you keep it only to the most recent challenges, TOFU beat KORT, so we leapfrog them to #2, but then if KORT beats THOTA just a couple months later, do they leapfrog TOFU and THOTA?

I like the idea of leapfrog in theory, but its tough in practice.
Colonel jpeter15

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:07 am

jpeter15 wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:Which is why I like the implementation of the leap ladder recently, as in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Im sure this is a mentality that alot of people share, which is why the "perceptions" shown here more often than not show the results they do.

For the sake of argument, THOTA beat TSM, TOFU beat KORT, TSM just beat TOFU in a mini challenge, and if KORT beats THOTA, then we are looking at....

THOTA>TSM>TOFU>KORT>THOTA

Also, if you keep it only to the most recent challenges, TOFU beat KORT, so we leapfrog them to #2, but then if KORT beats THOTA just a couple months later, do they leapfrog TOFU and THOTA?

I like the idea of leapfrog in theory, but its tough in practice.

Well i believe any ladder system in place will not make everyone happy (as seen in previous attempts), but I think this ladder at least gives clans below #2 an incentive to stay busy challenging up the ladder. I would also say that perhaps there should be something set for the #1 clan, maybe that they must challenge #2 or #3 as a "#1 contender" role, similar to boxing/MMA rankings. This would make sure that no clan make a large jump among the upper tier of clans, that they actually earn their way through other established clans before going for the #1 title. But this should probably be in the ladder thread...

And qwert, I completely disagree that TOFU has taken down clans of the same quality of THOTA outside of required tournament setups. Even the TOFU-KORT challenge where TOFU had more wins but officially lost is still a mess of a situation... In my opinion, I would put TOFU right with THOTA in terms of talent/skill as Ive played with both sides and know just how good they are. But based on results, TOFU hasnt gone into a big challenge against TSM, LOW, or other clans at their peak: this is no fault of TOFU's as I know alot of those types of clans declined challenges with them recently. And dont take this as Legion or AOC are slouches, because thats not the case at all and any clan needs to bring their A game to beat them. But its been pointed out several times the gap that exists after the first five or so clans.

Just to clarify again, this is no shot at TOFU and I believe they are on the same level with THOTA, and a challenge between the two seems inevitable. But I can see where THOTA says they want to see TOFU take on a clan in that elite tier to make sure they earn that spot. TOFU's overall resume over 7 challenges is very consistent and some wins are very impressive (including over my clan when we were at full strength), but they dont have that standout win(s) like THOTA has in the past year, which is why I feel they still deserve that #1 spot. This is a perception poll, and you are completely in your right to disagree with my view, but in that same light dont come and say
qwert wrote:I just say,that you are wrong
when I do base my view on the 2010 resumes.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 am

If both clans make it deep... there will be a rematch of KORT vs TOFU in the semis again... I am sure all the onlookers are ready for that to happen again.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dako on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 am

The other that, this time please.
Colonel Dako

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 am

You are very amazing- i dont understand why use "annually" word in title,if they dont want to use only results from these year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
THOTA GAMES
WIN over The Spanking Monkeys 41-39 [2010-MAR]
WIN over z-Left4Dead 29-11 [2010-APR]
WIN over Nemesis 21-20 [2010-JUL]
WIN over Legends of War 33-27 [2010-NOV]
-----------------------------------------
TOFU games

WIN over Mythology 30-10 [2010-JAN]
WIN over Generation One: The Clan 25-15 [2010-JAN]
WIN over Angels of Death 42-18 [2010-APR]
WIN over The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid 29-11 [2010-APR]
WIN over ++The Legion++ 25-15 [2010-JUN]
WIN over Agents of Chaos 25-16 [2010-SEP]
WIN over Knights of the Round Table 32-28 [2010-DEC]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
here a games, and i must say TOFU had same quality opponents,even better then THOTA.
THOTA become to inactivity clan,because they refuse many clans,dont want to play.
Every 3 month 1 chalenge-realy these is away to be competitive clan. What will be in 2011?
3 month pass,and thota dont have any chalenge complete. Its look that you ignore meaning of word "annually". Ofcourse your defend of no1 clan will be " But we play great in 2008 and 2009 and we need to be no1 in 2010 and 2011, no matther we only play few chalenges"
Competition not work in these way,and definitly these is not boxing. Every year you need to defend no1 position, in many clan chalenges, and not to be no1 ,only to play few.
Ofcourse these is blitz thread, and THOTA need to be no1, because if not then these thread will be pointless for blitz.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 am

Qwert take the top 2 opponents of each clan and rank those. I would say they are these. THOTA did beat the better opponents. However, the Nemesis result by THOTA does show some inconsistency as my perception would have them winning by more than 1. I would say TOFU's scores are more consistent, but they are clearly due for a bigger opponent.

TSM (THOTA beat)
LOW (THOTA beat)
KORT (TOFU beat)
AOC (TOFU beat)
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby danryan on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 am

I'd say more than THOTA showing weakness the result against Nemesis showed how a smaller clan war can make for less "expected" outcomes. That, and Nemesis playing great. I'd say though that 2010 showed how strong THOTA was, beating both LOW and TSM. Those are both marquee wins.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 am

qwert wrote:You are very amazing- i dont understand why use "annually" word in title,if they dont want to use only results from these year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
THOTA GAMES
WIN over The Spanking Monkeys 41-39 [2010-MAR]
WIN over z-Left4Dead 29-11 [2010-APR]
WIN over Nemesis 21-20 [2010-JUL]
WIN over Legends of War 33-27 [2010-NOV]
-----------------------------------------
TOFU games

WIN over Mythology 30-10 [2010-JAN]
WIN over Generation One: The Clan 25-15 [2010-JAN]
WIN over Angels of Death 42-18 [2010-APR]
WIN over The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid 29-11 [2010-APR]
WIN over ++The Legion++ 25-15 [2010-JUN]
WIN over Agents of Chaos 25-16 [2010-SEP]
WIN over Knights of the Round Table 32-28 [2010-DEC]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
here a games, and i must say TOFU had same quality opponents,even better then THOTA.
THOTA become to inactivity clan,because they refuse many clans,dont want to play.
Every 3 month 1 chalenge-realy these is away to be competitive clan. What will be in 2011?
3 month pass,and thota dont have any chalenge complete. Its look that you ignore meaning of word "annually". Ofcourse your defend of no1 clan will be " But we play great in 2008 and 2009 and we need to be no1 in 2010 and 2011, no matther we only play few chalenges"
Competition not work in these way,and definitly these is not boxing. Every year you need to defend no1 position, in many clan chalenges, and not to be no1 ,only to play few.
Ofcourse these is blitz thread, and THOTA need to be no1, because if not then these thread will be pointless for blitz.

qwert, you have no knowledge of clans, you continue to make yourself look silly. Seriously, stick to things you know, the clans and the awareness of them are out of your element.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

yes,i know,these is your topic, and its normal that im not right. But try at least to play more then 4 chalenge in one year,otherwise you can become more and more inactive clan, and i doubth that you will again be no1 in 2011,with only 4 chalenge. But maybe im wrong, maybe you all ready decide that Thota in no1 in 2011,but its still to early to present results.
I hope that you will in future become more openly clan, like Tofu,who get more and more respect,because they dont afraid to play with everybody- weak,or most strogest clan.
Last edited by Qwert on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am

People are simply asking you to get your facts correct. The average clan in 2010 played in 3.16 challenges. With gaming privileges, I expect that number will likely increase to about 4.0 range. 2008 and 2009 were both about 2.5 challenges per year.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Well, I can see qwert's point-of-view (of course I'll say that!). 2010 was a good time for us, going undefeated all year, posting some huge results in terms of score, and finishing with the best result in the clan league (and in the toughest division) on top of seven completed challenges. I don't think another clan comes close in 2010.

So it comes back to the age-old debate over 'Best Clan' and 'Best in Year ____'. I'd have to say THOTA are the No.1 clan (have never disputed that) and TOFU were the leading clan in 2010 and obviously present the greatest threat to THOTA's #1 status.

As for how Blitz goes about obtaining votes (by secret PM to select individuals) I still query what possessed him to approach someone in TOFU that was not a clan leader. Obviously a deliberate tactic as he's probably aware myself, Dako or jpeter would have given a different answer to that obtained from the member he approached and it might just have spoiled his stats. Let's face it, the guy will do anything to preserve his #1 status even if it means ranking TOFU at #6 as he's done in the past.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Well, I can see qwert's point-of-view (of course I'll say that!). 2010 was a good time for us, going undefeated all year, posting some huge results in terms of score, and finishing with the best result in the clan league (and in the toughest division) on top of seven completed challenges. I don't think another clan comes close in 2010.

So it comes back to the age-old debate over 'Best Clan' and 'Best in Year ____'. I'd have to say THOTA are the No.1 clan (have never disputed that) and TOFU were the leading clan in 2010 and obviously present the greatest threat to THOTA's #1 status.

As for how Blitz goes about obtaining votes (by secret PM to select individuals) I still query what possessed him to approach someone in TOFU that was not a clan leader. Obviously a deliberate tactic as he's probably aware myself, Dako or jpeter would have given a different answer to that obtained from the member he approached and it might just have spoiled his stats. Let's face it, the guy will do anything to preserve his #1 status even if it means ranking TOFU at #6 as he's done in the past.

Cof, my results came out almost identical to chuuuuck's, so you should have NO complaints. You also will be involved later this year in November. I believed I ranked your clan 4th and at that time that I did, your clan played no one in the top 5, so you deserved nothing. If I ranked you 6th like you say, it was over a year ago when your clan really have not proved yourself to no one at that time. You have never really played a top 5 clan til recently, and they were against kort where it was very close and Tsm recently in a smaller challenge and you or tofu lost.

I will agree that tofu is a solid clan, but, they need to proof it by beating tsm, low, etc and you haven't, instead you farmed to beat a new clan 40 to 10 in which I predicted would happen to pad your stats and you made qwert do cart wheels, so you should be more than happy with the # 2 rank you got for 2010 from my perceptions and chuuuuck's power rankings and they both showed you were #2 and you never beat thota, low or tsm, and those were the 3 clans I had above your clan, and I think that was fair, however, most disagreed and ranked you or tofu #2 in both, so you should be more than happy.

jpcloet wrote:People are simply asking you to get your facts correct (qwert). The average clan in 2010 played in 3.16 challenges. With gaming privileges, I expect that number will likely increase to about 4.0 range. 2008 and 2009 were both about 2.5 challenges per year.

(qwert) emphasis mine

qwert again, you are out of your element and have no knowledge of clan activity, stick with things you know, you are out of your league here.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Dako on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:Cof, my results came out almost identical to chuuuuck's, so you should have NO complaints.

That is the problem. They should not be the same. They are totally different. One is for 1 year, the rest is for the whole time.

Blitzaholic wrote:I will agree that tofu is a solid clan, but, they need to proof it by beating tsm, low, etc and you haven't, instead you farmed to beat a new clan 40 to 10 in which I predicted would happen to pad your stats and you made qwert do cart wheels

Pad our stats? Are you serious? And we have a secret plan with qwert to promote us? Ugh, I never thought we are that smart.
Colonel Dako

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:...challenge and you or tofu lost...

...ranked you or tofu #2 in both...

I wonder if that means what I think it means. O:)
General Rodion

Postby White Moose on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Rodion wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:...challenge and you or tofu lost...

...ranked you or tofu #2 in both...

I wonder if that means what I think it means. O:)

Me too O:)
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Lol, also, I wonder if we're all on the same page with these rankings?
From my p.o.v, I've always deemed it as the top 10 clans in that year, and not the top 10 performers for that year which is what I think many others are thinking. Maybe I'm wrong and there isn't a difference, but I've always felt that this shows who the best clans in CC are at the point in time they're for.
Maybe taking CoF's earlier point a bit further, the Best Clan for Year X as opposed to the Best Clan at the end of Year X. (I'm basically looking at it from my accounting pov of "Comprehensive income for a year", as opposed to "Financial Position at year end").
So perhaps subtle, but different terms? So basically, Thota has been the best clan for the past 4 years and the rankings, but may not have performed the best in any of those years individually?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

and you never beat thota, low or tsm

Well i dont know for other two, but your clan decide against who to play(except for league and Cup), and if TOFU want to play chalenge agaist THOTA,you will refuse that, and in that way prevent any posibility to be defeated. but maybe im wrong?

I dont promote nobody, i just look fact,and fact tell that you need to define what its word "annually" and what parameter you use to determine these list.
I look page 1 and i dont see any kind of description, so please give me more informacions, how you determine who is in what place.
What its your question,when you send to clans to vote, and what they need to take into consideration,when they create list.
If you think that im not understand all these, then some explanation will be good.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Dako wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Cof, my results came out almost identical to chuuuuck's, so you should have NO complaints.

That is the problem. They should not be the same. They are totally different. One is for 1 year, the rest is for the whole time.

I have no idea what you may thinking or how you may be interpreting this dako, but, mine as the perceptions thread has always been the best clan for that year, the entire year. Dako maybe you are getting confused with this on page one?

Longevity of outstanding clans over the years. 1st place gives you 10 points and 10th place gives you 1 point. Bonus: Clan League champions and Cup champions get + 2 bonus points, runners up +0.5 bonus point. Who are the top clans who have stood the test of time? Look below!

1. Bushwackers = 10
1. Dragoons = 10
3. Stachewackers = 8
4. CWC = 7
5. Bounty Hunters = 6
6. Legionaires of Chaos = 5
7. Scion of Glory (holes) = 4
8. Gridiron Gang = 3
9. Freelancers = 2
10. Elmo's War Legion = 1

1. Thota = 10
2. Dragoons = 9
3. Lod now AoD = 8
4. Untouchables = 7
5. Stachewackers = 6
6. Bushwackers = 5
7. Regulators = 4
8. Bounty Hunters = 3
9. LoW = 2
10. Koe = 1

1. Thota = 10
2. LoW = 9
3. Tsm = 8
4. Dragoons = 7
5. Untouchables = 6
6. Empire = 5
7. Lod now AoD = 4
8. ++The Legion++ = 3
9. Gen. 1 = 2
10. VDLL = 1

1. Thota = 10 + 2 (clan league champs) = 12
2. Tsm = 9
3. LoW = 8 + 0.5 (clan league runners up) = 8.5
4. IA = 7
5. Empire = 6
6. ++The Legion++ = 5
7. Dragoons = 4
8. BSS = 3
9. BpB = 2
10. AoD = 1

1. Thota = 10
2. Tofu = 9
3. Kort = 8
4. LoW = 7 + 2 (clan league champs) = 9
4. Tsm = 7
6. IA = 5
7. Empire = 4
8. Dragoons = 3
8. Nemesis = 3
10. AoC = 1

*clan cup pending!

0.5 (clan league runners up) were BpB

Top 10 clans of longevity, who has the most total points!

1. Thota = 42
2. Dragoons = 33
3. LoW = 28.5
4. Tsm = 24
5. Empire = 15
5. Bushwackers = 15
7. Stachewackers = 14
8. AoD = 13
8. Untouchables = 13
10. IA = 12.0

dako, this later part here is in fact all of the years totaled for the whole time, you are correct, but, the top part of page 1 is each separate year and the top 10 clans of perceptions each year separately, the bottom part of page one is totaled (whole time). I have 2 different things. The 1st part is top 10 perceptions of best clans each year for that whole year only, the bottom half of page one is a total of all the years for longevity (whole time since cc inception of clans.

Dako wrote:Are you serious? And we have a secret plan with qwert to promote us? Ugh, I never thought we are that smart.

no no, that may of came out wrong, that was more of a slam on qwert and how his system is flawed.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Blitz, you really should read things more carefully:

The point I'm trying to make is if your ranking exercise is based on each year then 2010 was definitely better for TOFU than any other clan. If however your rankings are based on perceived strength or status then THOTA would deservedly be No.1 still, though the whole exercise seems rather futile as it simply replicates what Chuck does. So what exactly is your list supposed to represent? If it's based on annual performance then qwert's exercise certainly has merit don't you think?

As for other comments.....
- you ranked us 6th (below TSM, IA, LOW & Empire and obviously held that #1 spot for THOTA though you had to omit rating your own clan). And this was power rankings, not performance, so historical data becomes somewhat irrelevant.
- you know where you can stick your farming comment. T4C challenged us and we accepted. We don't farm for points or medals unlike some.

It seems to me you have a hard time making the distinction between a strong clan and a strong performance and simply go with the "Haven't proven yourselves" argument in both scenarios. You are aware that TOFU was formed with a majority of the big hitters from LOW yet that didn't sway your opinion on the power rankings, and now you run a poll based on 2010 results and are in denial that TOFU had a better year than THOTA (who didn't even enter the latest clan league).

Keep deluding yourself. We'll see you one of these days for sure :D
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Blitz, you really should read things more carefully:

The point I'm trying to make is if your ranking exercise is based on each year then 2010 was definitely better for TOFU than any other clan. If however your rankings are based on perceived strength or status then THOTA would deservedly be No.1 still, though the whole exercise seems rather futile as it simply replicates what Chuck does. So what exactly is your list supposed to represent? If it's based on annual performance then qwert's exercise certainly has merit don't you think?

As for other comments.....
- you ranked us 6th (below TSM, IA, LOW & Empire and obviously held that #1 spot for THOTA though you had to omit rating your own clan). And this was power rankings, not performance, so historical data becomes somewhat irrelevant.
- you know where you can stick your farming comment. T4C challenged us and we accepted. We don't farm for points or medals unlike some.

It seems to me you have a hard time making the distinction between a strong clan and a strong performance and simply go with the "Haven't proven yourselves" argument in both scenarios. You are aware that TOFU was formed with a majority of the big hitters from LOW yet that didn't sway your opinion on the power rankings, and now you run a poll based on 2010 results and are in denial that TOFU had a better year than THOTA (who didn't even enter the latest clan league).

Keep deluding yourself. We'll see you one of these days for sure :D

I didnt sway my opinion on the power rankings because at that time you never beat a top 3 to 5 quality clan. All know this. :roll:

How could your clan be #1 for the year 2010 cof? how can you say your results for 2010 were better than ours? we beat Tsm in March 2010, we also beat LoW in 2010 (they both were the 2nd and 3rd best clans of 2009), you beat neither one of them. The clans you beat were not as strong as the ones we beat. There is no doubt Tofu is a super power house clan and may prove to be the best in 2011 years end, we had a long run. Tofu is great clan, the loss to Tsm may hurt you some, but, I told you and all on CC for last couple years Tsm is awesome clan and 2nd best on CC site, now you may know what I am saying, and they lost some of there heavy hitters when you played them, Tsm was even better when we played them.
General Blitzaholic

Postby firstholliday on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

I personally don't give a rats ass about who is supposed to be the best clan.
IMO 4or maybe 5 clans are pretty even. And it becomes a dice 'game' which it is.

No doubt Thotha ruled CC for years and prolly years to come, but it's getting closer.
Allthough i have to admit, when our war against Thotha was 79-72 in our favour, i received a couple of pm,s , emails sms's etc etc that Blitz was Threatening in Thotha thread to harm himself if we would beat them.
Jiminski,Ladida, skillfull and me and decided that a game is not important to us so we kinda threw with 1 dice for the rest of the session. Blitz is a nice guy and deserves to live.

Whattaya guys mombling bout!!!
Thotha played a zillion wars and have never been beaten... How can any list not make them number one!!??

Idiots
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby Dako on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I think we are talking about different lists here.

I see at least 3 here.

1. How well a clan may perform in the next challenge. Means current line up strength only. No past achievements count. (this is how I see power rankings)
2. Which clan has accomplished more (clan war wins, league wins, tournament wins, event wins) in 1 year. No past achievements count (there is no such ranking I fear).
3. Which clan has been the strongest in the end of the year, counting all previous achievements and successes. (this is how I see blitz's ranking).

I think blitz thinks that his ranking is #2 when it is actually #3. And most people vote on different basis and the approach to rank the clans differ.
Colonel Dako

Postby Commander62890 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:The point I'm trying to make is if your ranking exercise is based on each year then 2010 was definitely better for TOFU than any other clan. If however your rankings are based on perceived strength or status then THOTA would deservedly be No.1 still, though the whole exercise seems rather futile as it simply replicates what Chuck does. So what exactly is your list supposed to represent?
Blitz, why is this list so similar to Chuck's? Is this list based on 2010 perception of strength or 2010 performance? If it's based on perception of strength, we probably deserve #1 for now. If it's based on performance, well... I can see how you could make a case for TOFU as #1 (although the top 2 clans we faced were tougher than the top 2 that TOFU faced). The Nemesis challenge probably counts against us.

As for qwert: We are not inactive. We have just been taking it 1 challenge at a time. You cannot fault us for that.
You may quote the Clan League Season 3 if you're looking for evidence of our "inactivity," but realize that we have been involved in at least 1 challenge for a long time. That should not count against us.

Edit:
Fastposted by Dako.
Dako wrote:I think we are talking about different lists here.

I see at least 3 here.

1. How well a clan may perform in the next challenge. Means current line up strength only. No past achievements count. (this is how I see power rankings)
2. Which clan has accomplished more (clan war wins, league wins, tournament wins, event wins) in 1 year. No past achievements count (there is no such ranking I fear).
3. Which clan has been the strongest in the end of the year, counting all previous achievements and successes. (this is how I see blitz's ranking).

I think blitz thinks that his ranking is #2 when it is actually #3. And most people vote on different basis and the approach to rank the clans differ.

I hate to say it... but I agree with him, Blitz. Convince us otherwise, if you can.

Perfectly explained, Dako. Now we're getting to the heart of the issue.
Major Commander62890

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank you Dako.

And Blitz.....if THOTA lost their top 6 players and started a new clan (you can be in it too btw, lol), where exactly would you position this clan in Chuck's Power Rankings? Are you seriously going to say they need to prove themselves and "haven't beaten a Top 3 to 5 quality clan" as your latest argument supposes? This is what you did to TOFU when ranking us.

And I agree...TSM are a formidable outfit. Unfortunate to get knocked out of the latest Clan League, but 9-10 is no disgrace and won't hurt us much. We beat LOW by a bigger margin, but we're talking a handful of games here so it's not a precise indicator. But one can't take one result without considering the other.

With Dako's three scenarios anyone would be hard-pressed to disagree with:
1. Any one of about 4 clans (THOTA, TOFU, KORT, TSM, the first two being favourites)
2. TOFU
3. THOTA

But hey, what does it matter really. I would simply like to see a better definition of what these polls stand for the next time they come around.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby nagerous on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Immortal Assassins are criminally underrated.
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives