Conquer Club

Suggestions volunteer/moderator

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Suggestions volunteer/moderator

Postby sniffie on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 am

Hi all,

Concise description:
This forum is a bit of a mess, threads with suggestions that are never ever going to be implemented [/Player]go on and on, because there is nobody that has the ability/time/need to stop them. For example http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139518

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139052&start=15

This are just 2 threads that i found in 1 minute of searching.

We also have a whole load of suggestions that are implemented before, and are never going to happen.

Specifics/Details:
We have chat moderators, multi hunters, tech moderators, so why can't there be like 2/3 moderators that check this forum on a daily basis and stop suggestions that are not going to happen or contact Lackattack about very good suggestions (Fog of war, Nuclear spoils). Not that if the moderator tells Lackattack about a suggestion that is going to happen right away but at least something happens whit the suggestions, because that is somewhat of a loose end right now.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

It would give players a quicker answer about their suggestions.
It keeps this forum nice and tidy
It might (in time) offer a new game play that attracts more players to this site or makes more Freemiums go to Premium.

Der sniffter
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Re: Suggestions volunteer/moderator

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 am

der sniffter wrote:Hi all,

Concise description:
This forum is a bit of a mess, threads with suggestions that are never ever going to be implemented [/Player]go on and on, because there is nobody that has the ability/time/need to stop them. For example http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139518

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139052&start=15

This are just 2 threads that i found in 1 minute of searching.

We also have a whole load of suggestions that are implemented before, and are never going to happen.

Specifics/Details:
We have chat moderators, multi hunters, tech moderators, so why can't there be like 2/3 moderators that check this forum on a daily basis and stop suggestions that are not going to happen or contact Lackattack about very good suggestions (Fog of war, Nuclear spoils). Not that if the moderator tells Lackattack about a suggestion that is going to happen right away but at least something happens whit the suggestions, because that is somewhat of a loose end right now.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

It would give players a quicker answer about their suggestions.
It keeps this forum nice and tidy
It might (in time) offer a new game play that attracts more players to this site or makes more Freemiums go to Premium.

Der sniffter

Not to sound like an ass... but are you in the dark age? We have Suggestion moderators. Me, Darwins_Bane, and blakebowling are all Suggestion moderators currently, with a few others doing a behind the scenes project.

Notice this forum has 26 pages of Suggestions. A coupe months ago, that was at about 120 pages of suggestions.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby sniffie on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:17 am

but why are there still a lot of suggestions that no suggestions moderators not really respond to, 26 pages with double suggestions and "stupid" suggestions.
And why is there close to nothing being giving an answer about why suggestions aren't being used/issued

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 am

Because it takes a LONG LONG time to move pages upon pages of Suggestions into the appropriate place. You can't move 50 suggestions at a time within 5 minutes. And Suggestion mods don't implement anything. We have to wait for lack to implement it onto the site. For the longest time I was in the dark as much as you were about what was being implemented next. All we can do is sticky something if it gets a lot of support, then move it to Submitted once everything has been hammered out. We don't get the final say if something is implemented.

The 3 current "Real" suggestion mods try our hardest to respond to everything, but it wasn't easy being thrust into this situation, with hundreds upon hundreds of dead Suggestions. We didn't have infinite amount of time to move everything, especially me since I also am a Chat mod. And to add another point, from July till about Christmas last year, my other mods were having various issues, from College to being ill and to having computer problems. So for awhile, I was the only one running Suggestions.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 am

so can this suggestion be closed? LOL
also I think, der sniffter, if you are up for it, you could help out.. really..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sniffie on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:45 pm

SirSebstar wrote:so can this suggestion be closed? LOL
also I think, der sniffter, if you are up for it, you could help out.. really..

sometimes seb, it's so hard to find out when you are making an ass off me and when you are just being nice ;)
I spend at least 1 1/2 hour on all the forums everyday,"helping out" might give me the answer I am looking for ;)

sniff

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 am

I dont like making an arse of anybody. I do it sometimes by accident, but that would never have been my intention.
With helping out i meant actually asking to be volunteer who would actually move all those pages of text. You identified a problem. its been stated its too much work to have it done already but they are working on it, so you can ask to actually contrinbute to the moving of those pages.. that how i think anyways.
you must know man, i love you!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sniffie on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 pm

hello all,

The reason I started this "discussion" is that I knew there was a problem with this part of CC. I do not want to be a bully to anyone, if a moderator has little time to do its part is will not discus that. But I feel i can make a difference here. I put my word to it that I can spend at least 1 1/2 hour EVERY day on this forum, even in the weekends. In my opinion the players of CC have the right off an answer to their suggestion, whether the answer is positive or negative. If I was to answer in this forum as a moderator, my answers would be friendly but to the point.

Regards, der sniffter (sniff to the friends)

p.s. Sebbie, love you 2 ;)

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

i think he had a valid point/question and the response from team CC was a bit defensive and rude... his points were very valid...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby blakebowling on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 pm

owenshooter wrote:i think he had a valid point/question and the response from team CC was a bit defensive and rude... his points were very valid...-the black jesus

You think a lot of things. Regardless, there is already a team that does this, and I personally felt that this suggestion demeaned my part in helping the suggestions forum.
Private blakebowling

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 pm

der sniffter wrote:hello all,

The reason I started this "discussion" is that I knew there was a problem with this part of CC. I do not want to be a bully to anyone, if a moderator has little time to do its part is will not discus that. But I feel i can make a difference here. I put my word to it that I can spend at least 1 1/2 hour EVERY day on this forum, even in the weekends. In my opinion the players of CC have the right off an answer to their suggestion, whether the answer is positive or negative. If I was to answer in this forum as a moderator, my answers would be friendly but to the point.

You can spend 1.5 hours here a day, but what exactly would you do? In other words, what ideas would you want to incorporate or what things do you want to do specifically to make the suggestions forum better? What are your suggestions for Suggestions :)...

-rd

P.S. -- I'm just curious. Would be good to know.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby sniffie on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:49 pm

owenshooter wrote:i think he had a valid point/question and the response from team CC was a bit defensive and rude... his points were very valid...-the black jesus

Thank you for your response but what was rude in your opinion?

Postby sniffie on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:55 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
der sniffter wrote:hello all,

You can spend 1.5 hours here a day, but what exactly would you do? In other words, what ideas would you want to incorporate or what things do you want to do specifically to make the suggestions forum better? What are your suggestions for Suggestions :)...

My first thing to do would be to stop "neverending stories" for example, the suggestion "Sell your points" is never ever going to happen and in my opinion the members of CC need a fair answer to this and put an end to threads like this.
My second "task"would be to make suggestions clear, not all the players of CC speak perfectly English, so first I will make the thread readable by all and next try to give a good answer, this means: close the thread, leave it be cause it may have some life in it or move it to implemented suggestions.

Does this answer statisfy you, if not I'll be more then happy to respond again.

Sniff
-rd

P.S. -- I'm just curious. Would be good to know.

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 pm

der sniffter wrote:My first thing to do would be to stop "neverending stories" for example, the suggestion "Sell your points" is never ever going to happen and in my opinion the members of CC need a fair answer to this and put an end to threads like this.

What is the fair answer that comes to your mind? How would you put an end to those threads?

My second "task"would be to make suggestions clear, not all the players of CC speak perfectly English, so first I will make the thread readable by all and next try to give a good answer, this means: close the thread, leave it be cause it may have some life in it or move it to implemented suggestions.

Sniff

So you'd edit the first posts of the suggs for clarity? What if you accidentally misinterpreted something, and the original message was lost?

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby sniffie on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
der sniffter wrote:My first thing to do would be to stop "neverending stories" for example, the suggestion "Sell your points" is never ever going to happen and in my opinion the members of CC need a fair answer to this and put an end to threads like this.

What is the fair answer that comes to your mind? How would you put an end to those threads?

Sniff

So you'd edit the first posts of the suggs for clarity? What if you accidentally misinterpreted something, and the original message was lost?

-rd

hi,

myabe turned those 2 things around. It's best probably best to first check the first post. Make a second for clarity. I won't change the first post because I think that would be disrepectfull towards the poster of the suggestion. After that ask for/wait for confirmation from the origanal poster that we are thinking the same.
After that catagorize the post in 3 different
-posted before/ not doable (close)
-might be possible, worth keeping open (not moving the thread)
-very good idea (move to implemented)

At first I will need some help sorting everything out but after a week or so, I think I'll be totaly fit in and am able to work more independent. I don't want to state here that I am better then anyone else or that I think I can become the chief of this forum, not at all.

Sniff

Return to Archived Suggestions