Conquer Club

Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually + Longevity]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually]

Postby skillfull on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

nagerous wrote:Immortal Assassins are criminally underrated.

Agreed
Brigadier skillfull

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

skillfull wrote:

Agreed

So where would you put them? Above who? Above TSM? LoW? THOTA? KORT? TOFU? Serious question here as all 6 are sooo close.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm going to have to make a new thread

Perception of biggest cunt [Annually]
the shortlist would be very short and Blitz would win it every year (you might even get a new medal - a big golden quim hanging on a ribbon) ;)
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
skillfull wrote:

Agreed

So where would you put them? Above who? Above TSM? LoW? THOTA? KORT? TOFU? Serious question here as all 6 are sooo close.

I agree 100% here bruce. The top 6 are all very close. And even a few who aren't in that list. There are probably 5 or 6 more clans at least, who on a good week could beat one of these 6. Clans have gotten a lot closer in skill level, and I don't see why a clan like nemesis, bpb, aod, aoc, empire, G1, couldn't beat one of those listed up there on a good week.

At some point this becomes a little bit silly. All of those clans are good, and all have good players. Each clan can look to their record and say, "we did this" and that should be enough. No one will ever agree completely on who is #1-10.

When we got bumped down to 4 or 5, my own feeling was, 'well... I guess we didn't perform that well last year'. So maybe it was fair, and maybe it wasn't. The bottom line is, it doesn't matter. We'll just focus on the next round of cla, and try to win that, and not worry about where everyone ranks.

We are an ok clan I think, and its nice just to have people think that we should be in the top 4 or 5. If we're better, then it will eventually show, and if we aren't, then that will show too.
Last edited by Georgerx7di on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby nagerous on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Then why have perception lists at all? Things were much easier when we could just all collectively pick on jpcloet and his maths.
Captain nagerous

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 pm

nagerous wrote:Then why have perception lists at all? Things were much easier when we could just all collectively pick on jpcloet and his maths.

Thank you, been waiting for someone to get the torches back out... BURN HIM! :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
nagerous wrote:Then why have perception lists at all? Things were much easier when we could just all collectively pick on jpcloet and his maths.

Thank you, been waiting for someone to get the torches back out... BURN HIM! :lol:

He turned me into a newt!
General Rodion

Postby jpcloet on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Are you not all having fun with the current 3 ratings out there? I will renew my beatings soon enough. I am a glutton for punishment, however, my maths is getting less mathier and more simpler, all I have to do in a leap is add and subtract and occasionally divide by 2.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 pm

jpcloet wrote:Are you not all having fun with the current 3 ratings out there? I will renew my beatings soon enough. I am a glutton for punishment, however, my maths is getting less mathier and more simpler, all I have to do in a leap is add and subtract and occasionally divide by 2.

Im sure that there are several out there that will look for the addition of a multiplicative function, claiming using only 3 of the 4 basic mathematic functions skews the data... :lol:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby shocked439 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Sergeant shocked439

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

jpcloet wrote:Are you not all having fun with the current 3 ratings out there? I will renew my beatings soon enough. I am a glutton for punishment, however, my maths is getting less mathier and more simpler, all I have to do in a leap is add and subtract and occasionally divide by 2.

Haha, I do love stopping by form time to time and reading the arguments going on about all of this. My personal opinion on the matter is all that anyone cares about is how other people perceive their clan to be and that is why I run my poll. I think it does a very good job of portraying exactly that but I will never be one to claim the results I list are the absolute truth. I think a leap ladder or some other math based ladder would be great to use also. In the meantime, I will just keep doing what I am doing.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby jpcloet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 am

shocked439 wrote:Image

In our comedy routine GK is the funny one and I'm the straight man.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 pm

jpcloet wrote:
shocked439 wrote:Image

In our comedy routine GK is the funny one and I'm the straight man.

Just as long as your keep your hand out of my puppet-hole, we'll be fine... :shock:

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Did anyone else spot the irony between that picture and the name of the player who posted it?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Did anyone else spot the irony between that picture and the name of the player who posted it?

Nice catch! Maybe he speaks on personal experience?
General Rodion

Postby khazalid on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 am

one can only imagine the scene of devastation that left it a 439
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Eyestone on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Rodion wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:

He turned me into a newt!

I see that you got better ;)
General Eyestone

Postby Blitzaholic on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:42 am

Dako wrote:I think we are talking about different lists here.

I see at least 3 here.

1. How well a clan may perform in the next challenge. Means current line up strength only. No past achievements count. (this is how I see power rankings)
2. Which clan has accomplished more (clan war wins, league wins, tournament wins, event wins) in 1 year. No past achievements count (there is no such ranking I fear).
3. Which clan has been the strongest in the end of the year, counting all previous achievements and successes. (this is how I see blitz's ranking).

I think blitz thinks that his ranking is #2 when it is actually #3. And most people vote on different basis and the approach to rank the clans differ.

That is a good point dako, however, #2 you also must look at the strength of clans you faced and not just the wins, and I think most would agree for 2010 we faced harder competition than tofu did, it is why many voted Thota #1 for chuuuuck's power rankings. This bodes well for #1 as well, as #2 speaks to #1. #3 is not just the end of the year for perceptions, it is the entire year, I never considered it to be counting all previous achievements and successes, but, perhaps some do. So, this is a good point for discusison, hence the word "perception" and how different players see clan performance and strength.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 am

Am I pissed or is this just gobbledegook?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Dako on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:That is a good point dako, however, #2 you also must look at the strength of clans you faced and not just the wins, and I think most would agree for 2010 we faced harder competition than tofu did, it is why many voted Thota #1 for chuuuuck's power rankings. This bodes well for #1 as well, as #2 speaks to #1. #3 is not just the end of the year for perceptions, it is the entire year, I never considered it to be counting all previous achievements and successes, but, perhaps some do. So, this is a good point for discusison, hence the word "perception" and how different players see clan performance and strength.

I have to disagree with you here. You are trying to excuse THOTA for grabbing #1 spot in all the rankings and therefore you skew the definitions of the rankings. No one is blaming you that the rest of CC see you as strongest. That leads to you saying that there is a strength of the clan and so on. You try to tie things together so your ranking looks healthy and valid, but I doubt that is the point.

Your rankings (I mean the results) do not resemble yearly ranking in a slightest way. I am still amuses TSM is there (and THOTA being #1, but that is another story). I think it is not your fault, but how you had announced the rankings. It was never clear what you meant as 2010 perception. You have never defined the correct way to rank the clans. Next, you merged them with Power Rankings (why?) and that was totally different rankings. Even if we say that your initial rankings were yearly based (which is false, I think) after the merge they became like "total rankings of the year", being neither power rankings, nor the yearly perception rankings. In the end, THOTA happened to get #1 place, well, it is a fact. But you started this as a perception of clans by year (without past accomplishments) but in the end (your fault is here) it became a totally different rankings.

I think the main reason behind that is in two things: 1) you never told what this rankings really is and how one should rank clans; 2) you merged them with latest Power Rankings. After that you kind of had the results, but they were not "annual perception" results anymore. Therefore I think your list is invalid and you should either change the title, or redo the rankings, or redo the definition of how this rankings should be perceived.
Colonel Dako

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

lol
Blitz formula for clan ranking
Perception of clans + power ranking + annualy + every year + combined with strengt of clans + Longevity of outstanding clans = THOTA
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:12 pm

dako, you are wrong, it has always been the perception of top 10 clans by years or annually, same thing. It is the best clan that year, period, it always has been, I think you want this to be somewhat different from chuuuuck's, so you came up with your own interpretation. That is your right, however, this is the perception of the top 10 clans by years each and every year. You asked then how is this different then chuuuuck's? It really is not that different at all, except, like I said many times throughout this thread, that chuuuuck takes all clans and has all clans rank all clans. Mine is taking the top 15 to 20 clans and having them rank the top 10 only by how they see it-hence the word "perceptions" per year, each year, and each year separate and individual. I merged chuuuuck's with mine this year, to reflect it better and have a wider amount of clans and players involved, the fact that chuuuuck's and mine were almost identical shows many view the clans the same way. I think a majority felt we were the best clan last year, played the strongest competiton and the polls and votes came out to show that in the perceptiosn thread and power ranikings thread, so not sure what we are arguing about? Is it that you thought you as tofu deserved to be #1 in 2010? That is ok for you to think that, but, most didn't in neither poll. However, it is now the year 2011 and it looks open for about 4 clans to have a great shot to have #1 for 2011.

p.s. and qwert you know nothing of clans, you have no competency, at least dako has knowledge and strength of clans.
General Blitzaholic

Postby White Moose on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

My very subjective guess on the perception of top5 clans for 2011.
(I won't be doing top10 because the 6th to 10th positions are up for grabs by so many clans and the fact that I don't keep track of clans THAT much.)

1. TOFU (assuming they keep winning and completely dominating like they have)
2. KORT (assuming they win against THOTA)
3. THOTA (assuming they lose against KORT)
4. LOW
5. IA

I only ask you to respect my opinion and don't give me shit for it.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Dako on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Either you haven't read my post, or you are ignoring what I have written there.

You call me wrong, I call you wrong - where is the truth? I do not blame the results, I want to tell you, that the thing you call annually rankings is not the annual rankings. Just because you call it that way doesn't give this rankings that property. No matter how much you call an apple a peach, it will not become a peach. I know how you got your list. I know who voted in your list and how did they vote. I am merely saying, that your perception ratings do not reflect 2010 year at all. Yes, they are similar to chuuuucks power rankings - and I doubt it is a coincidence. I know that a lot of people that you polled just copy-pasted the chuuuucks votes they have sent. This is a clear indicator that you failed to properly organize this rankings and people thought it was similar or the same as Power Rankings. Yet you name them differently and state that they are similar, but not the same - otherwise why would you differentiate them at all? And I must repeat myself again, but the merge with PR results just puts your ranking further away from the definition of annual rankings. In the end you could have just copied PR results to your thread, but you'd still be wrong as PR doesn't reflect yearly achievements as well (that is the reason the results happened to be so similar with your poll).

I am bolding two most important things you are clearly missing from my posts.
  • I do not argue about the actual results
  • I am not the only one who thinks you results are not the annual perception of top 10 clans

Please try to understand what I am talking about. I see your position and I think I understand what you are talking about, however I see that you completely ignore my post and write about things that I didn't ask. Furthermore, you do not see why I have written my post because you do not see the reason behind it. Because if you had seen it, I am sure your previous post would be different.
Colonel Dako

Postby Blitzaholic on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I disagree dako, a vast majority believed we were the best clan in the year 2010, that year alone, and it was demonstrated by power rankings and perceptions. As far as you saying some copy and pasted their rankings, I don't know. Our threads are pretty much the same, chuuuuck just chooses to involve all clans, I dont. An apple is an apple and we were the best clan in 2010 and we have been for years, now 2011 may prove different.
General Blitzaholic

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives