Conquer Club

Intl Expansion, Forum / Mafia Games, and More!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Intl Expansion, Forum / Mafia Games, and More!

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am

Ahoy Ahoy Conquer Club Members!

Announcements galore! This is a hefty culmination of a few things TeamCC has been working on behind the scenes---so sit back and relax---and read!

>>International Forums Trial Expansion<<

It is my pleasure to announce, in conjunction with coordination from a few of Team CC's Volunteers who are multilingual, we are trialing an expansion of a few International Forums. The International Forums impacted are: De Veroveraars Club, Club di Conquista, Club de Conquista
(Dutch, Italian, and Spanish languages respectively).

As part of the enhancement, these three language forums will be receiving additional sub-forums for organization and development purposes, including: a Q&A sub-forum, a Callouts sub-forum, and a Tournaments sub-forum.

Over the next couple of days and weeks, a few user-deputies will help us organize the sub-forums and get content to the appropriate area.

We hope that these additional sub-forums will help service some of our International Club Members a little more! These additional sub-forums may also be expanded to the rest of the International Forums as well in the near future. Thanks to our Volunteers Jricart, Lindax, SirSebstar, and Thenobodies80 for helping translate the necessary items and providing input.

>>Mafia / Forum Games Promotion<<

Ever since we expanded our Forums years ago, Mafia and Forum Games have been a hit. Though we know Conquer Club is all about the World Domination, we also know that many members of our Community love to play in these entertaining games.

It is my pleasure then to announce that Mafia and Forum Games are getting some love! What does this entail?
  • Mafia promoted to its own Forum with sub-forums for organization.
  • Official Mafia and Forum Games occurring throughout the year with chances to win Premium Membership and General Achievement Medals
  • An inaugural Official Celebratory Mafia Game by TheSaxLad. Check it out and Sign-Up Here!
For much much much more on Mafia / Forum Games Promotion, please visit this detailed run-down---do it! Many thanks to the Discussions Team and the Global Mod Team for getting this going!

>>Community Events Calendar<<

Who doesn't love fun? Who doesn't love Events? Who doesn't love Calendars? Who doesn't love scheduling? Well, okay, maybe those last two items less people love, but I promise you'll love this (maybe?!).

The Entertainment Team is pleased to announce their 2011 Community Events Calendar. A couple of Events we have scheduled for the future are already listed, so you can check and plan your vacations and times away from Conquer Club around those Events. ;) Keep an eye on this topic though---Surprise Events may be added from time to time, so you want to get the scoop on when an Event is coming, Surprise or Otherwise, check out this topic!

For your convenience, you can navigate to the Community Events Calendar from the main board index, just below 'Community Guidelines' at the very tip top of the index! Many thanks to the Entertainment Team for compiling this and committing to the on-going hosting of terrific Community Events!

>>Forum 'Attachments' Trialing<<

This isn't really that big of news, or as exciting as the above announcements, but it is worth including anyways! Over the next couple of weeks, select forums on our board may be given 'Upload Attachment' abilities.

What does this mean? Well, for starters, in the Bug Reports forum, you can now upload an image of the Bug to your Report Topic without having to host the image on photobucket.com, imageshack.com, or any other hosting website. In other select forums in the coming weeks, you may be able to upload other .attachment settings (like .xls / .doc / .xml / etc).

We hope that this function will better serve our members across our forum boards who provide all sorts of data / spreadsheets / images for community entertainment, organization, or issue reporting! Many thanks to the Tech Team for initiating this idea!

Happy CCing,

--Andy & Team CC
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Intl Expansion, Forum / Mafia Games, and More!

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am

Woo! Great updates for the community!
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby jricart on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 am

Great new things! I like the attachments option. =D>

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

AndyDufresne wrote:In other select forums in the coming weeks, you may be able to upload other .attachment settings (like .xls / .doc / .xml / etc).

I know it's a bit early to be asking, but what are the chances of getting .psd format at some point added to that list? Or are they to big of files for the server space? It would be quite useful for map makers to be able to share the .psd files.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Commander9 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 am

=D> =D> =D>
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Tupence on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 pm

These all sound great! Especially the possibility of uploading Excel documents to Tournament threads in the future :D
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Finally Mafia gets some love. Here's to some new blood to mafia things up a bit.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Fantastic! I'm ecstatic! :D
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:In other select forums in the coming weeks, you may be able to upload other .attachment settings (like .xls / .doc / .xml / etc).

I know it's a bit early to be asking, but what are the chances of getting .psd format at some point added to that list? Or are they to big of files for the server space? It would be quite useful for map makers to be able to share the .psd files.

If you as a Community Members see a thriving need for an ability to upload an attachment .extension in a forum, I encourage you contact the Team Leader / really any of the Team Volunteers of the area you are visiting!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby natty dread on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:

I don't really see how it would be useful. First of all layered image files are quite big (a map I'm currently working on has a layered image of 22 megabytes, about 15 times the size of the final png image) and secondly, browsers aren't capable of viewing those files, they need to be opened in a graphics editor such as gimp or photoshop just so you can see them. And in any case, if you have a need to share your layered image file (which I wouldn't though... I like to keep some things private, thank you very much ;) ) then you can just host the .psd on fileden or some other file hosting site.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Streaker on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 am

Great update! Looking forward to seeing everything in action.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:48 am

Tupence wrote:These all sound great! Especially the possibility of uploading Excel documents to Tournament threads in the future :D

i thought that was the best part of the announcements
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:32 am

It is my pleasure to announce, in conjunction with coordination from a few of Team CC's Volunteers who are multilingual, we are trialing an expansion of a few International Forums. The International Forums impacted are: De Veroveraars Club, Club di Conquista, Club de Conquista (Dutch, Italian, and Spanish languages respectively).

As part of the enhancement, these three language forums will be receiving additional sub-forums for organization and development purposes, including: a Q&A sub-forum, a Callouts sub-forum, and a Tournaments sub-forum.

Over the next couple of days and weeks, a few user-deputies will help us organize the sub-forums and get content to the appropriate area.

We hope that these additional sub-forums will help service some of our International Club Members a little more! These additional sub-forums may also be expanded to the rest of the International Forums as well in the near future. Thanks to our Volunteers Jricart, Lindax, SirSebstar, and Thenobodies80 for helping translate the necessary items and providing input.

This is SOOOO great. i am excited, but then, i guess i have to be. weee!!!!! =D>
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

It is my pleasure to announce, in conjunction with coordination from a few of Team CC's Volunteers who are multilingual, we are trialing an expansion of a few International Forums. The International Forums impacted are: De Veroveraars Club, Club di Conquista, Club de Conquista (Dutch, Italian, and Spanish languages respectively).

This is SOOOO great. i am excited, but then, i guess i have to be. weee!!!!! =D>

I'm excited to practice my Spanish! :D
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 pm

?21: Know Your Friends: Haha, just stumbled upon this, see if you can guess who said it:

Q. What would you do if you were made admin of this site?

I would try to improve the International part of Conquer Club

(June 1, 2010)

;)

NOTE: Please post your answer in the Forum Games thread!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby mnavos on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for your post.. I have been searching for forums about this Mafia games. I used to play online and offline games. It's nice to hear from you. :)
New Recruit mnavos

Return to Announcement Archives