Conquer Club

Tea Baggers Misrepresent Williamsburg, Ruin It For Everyone

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tea Baggers Misrepresent Williamsburg, Ruin It For Everyone

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

The Tea Party (a violent, racist organization) helps incite their anti-American Tea Party Death Squads with gross misrepresentations of historical fact and are ruining popular US historical sites by going there and yelling incoherently about how they want to shoot members of the government, minorities, and anyone who gets in their way.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... rss_nation

Amid the history buffs and parents with young children wandering along the crushed shell paths of Virginia's restored colonial city, some noticeably angrier and more politically minded tourists can often be found...

"General, when is it appropriate to resort to arms to fight for our liberty?" asked a tourist on a recent weekday during "A Conversation with George Washington," a hugely popular dialogue between actor and audience in the shaded backyard of Charlton's Coffeehouse.

It's an absolute tragedy that someone like Jared Lee Loughner finally listened to what the Tea Party had been urging him to do.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Re: Tea Baggers Misrepresent Williamsburg, Ruin It For Every

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am

Yet again our forum is graced with another trolling thread by pimpdave with statements that in no way, shape, or form reflect the content of the article he posts, muchless the actual organization he tries to discredit.

Where in the article did you read about "yelling incoherently about how they want to shoot members of the government, minorities, and anyone who gets in their way." The story clearly said how people shout praises when they hear patriotic statement that they agree with, and no one posted about how they wanted to shoot up the public. In fact, no one even said they want to shoot. The article was about how some people do ask when violence becomes the only method to defend one's civil liberties, but that the people working at the historical site politely answer that violence comes only after every peaceful action has been tried.

By the way, since facts still evade you, Loughner never listened to Tea Party views, even if they were violent. In fact, his friends would consider him liberal if he even followed politics. Figures you would again fail in your statements.

This has been another trolling thread by pimpdave discredited by the members of the forum who don't hate those they disagree with.
Major Night Strike

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 am

I am not trolling. I recently visited Colonial Williamsburg and the experiences was ruined by a bunch of Tea Baggers spouting off about starting a new revolution and how they want to shoot their congressmen. Apparently even a major news organization has picked up on the trend.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 am

pimpdave wrote:I am not trolling. I recently visited Colonial Williamsburg and the experiences was ruined by a bunch of Tea Baggers spouting off about starting a new revolution and how they want to shoot their congressmen. Apparently even a major news organization has picked up on the trend.

Then why didn't you post video of that instead of linking to an article that said the complete opposite of what you insinuate?
Major Night Strike

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 am

You can't boss me around. Stop making personal attacks. I bet you haven't even been to Colonial Williamsburg.

And why are you so defensive. Are you covering for your local Tea Party Death Squad. Please get back on the topic, which is how Colonial Williamsburg is being ruined by Tea Baggers and their violent message.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 am

pimpdave wrote:You can't boss me around. Stop making personal attacks. I bet you haven't even been to Colonial Williamsburg.

And why are you so defensive. Are you covering for your local Tea Party Death Squad. Please get back on the topic, which is how Colonial Williamsburg is being ruined by Tea Baggers and their violent message.

I am on topic. You haven't proven the place is being ruined by "Tea Baggers and their violent message", so I'm just pointing out how your topic has no basis in facts. If you can't handle the facts, don't post lies for threads.
Major Night Strike

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:32 am

You haven't proven that Colonial Williamsburg isn't being ruined by roaming, incoherent mobs of Tea Baggers. You haven't even been there, have you? I have. I am an eyewitness.

That article is a few months old. It's only getting worse and the rhetoric more violent. I'll have to write a letter to the editor of the Post and ask them to do a follow up article.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:38 am

pimpdave wrote:You haven't proven that Colonial Williamsburg isn't being ruined by roaming, incoherent mobs of Tea Baggers. You haven't even been there, have you? I have. I am an eyewitness.

That article is a few months old. It's only getting worse and the rhetoric more violent. I'll have to write a letter to the editor of the Post and ask them to do a follow up article.

See, this is the same false argument that's always thrown out there when someone is called a racist. Instead of the burden of proof being on the person making the accusation, the burden is placed on the person to defend why they are not a racist. You do the exact same thing with the Tea Party. You make a Death Squad claim that is completely tenuous yet you force the group to defend themselves about how your accusation is false. Obviously you don't agree in the whole "innocent until proven guilty" protections of our Constitution, because everyone who disagrees with you is "guilty until proven innocent".

tl;dr: Back up your accusations with facts instead of forcing the accused to prove why they're innocent.
Major Night Strike

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 am

Who is worse? The troll or the person who feeds him every minute of every day in every thread?
Major Bones2484

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:41 am

I already have backed it up with facts. You're being disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst if you tell me that I haven't presented facts.

And the ruining part is naturally subjective. But the fact is that Tea Baggers are spouting off violent diatribes and possibly inciting violence at Colonial Williamsburg. Maybe they are coherent to other Tea Baggers, but to most of us, it's barely understandable.

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:44 am

Bones2484 wrote:Who is worse? The troll or the person who feeds him every minute of every day in every thread?

Wait, are you saying that every thread about politics is a troll thread? I'm really confused. And I'm not trolling. I'm not a troll. I am just an American citizen participating in the political discourse in this forum.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

Bones2484 wrote:Who is worse? The troll or the person who feeds him every minute of every day in every thread?

Oh don't worry, certain moderators like MeDeFe believe that his threads are not trollish, so I'm perfectly fine to debate pimpdave's false accusations. According to him, there is no trolling going on.
Major Night Strike

Postby paradise28 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am

I've been to Colonial Williamsburg!! It was cool. Talking to the people and things. I was only 12... but yeah xD.

I don't really know how a question like that would cause you to feel that your experience was ruined. Of course people will occasionally ask political questions when they're supposedly directed to a pioneer of American government.
Sergeant paradise28

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

Night Strike wrote:

Oh don't worry, certain moderators like MeDeFe believe that his threads are not trollish, so I'm perfectly fine to debate pimpdave's false accusations. According to him, there is no trolling going on.

Good, I'm glad we've cleared that up. Because you're not a troll either Night Strike.

I'm glad that in this instance you were not completely confused by "spin"! HAHA! SPIN! LIKE WHAT PROTONS DO!

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 am

Who is worse? The idiot moderators that are allowing it to happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 am

pimpdave wrote:I already have backed it up with facts. You're being disingenuous at best and flat out lying at worst if you tell me that I haven't presented facts.

And the ruining part is naturally subjective. But the fact is that Tea Baggers are spouting off violent diatribes and possibly inciting violence at Colonial Williamsburg. Maybe they are coherent to other Tea Baggers, but to most of us, it's barely understandable.

You claim that violent calls for killing are being shouted during events at Colonial Williamsburg, yet the article you cited never makes that statement. Therefore, you have not put together an accusation that is based in fact. If you were at an event and saw what you're accusing, then why don't you have any pictures or video to post? We both know that you would relish the opportunity to catch the Tea Party Death Squads red handed and expose them to the world.
Major Night Strike

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

There's no video or photographs in that article but you believe that they are presenting the whole picture, and didn't cut off the reporting before he started in with his high pitched admonitions for violence.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:01 pm

pimpdave wrote:There's no video or photographs in that article but you believe that they are presenting the whole picture, and didn't cut off the reporting before he started in with his high pitched admonitions for violence.

Yes, because The Washington Post would also relish in trying to discredit the Tea Party, almost as much as The New York Times would relish it. If you had linked to a The Washington Times article, then you might have a point.
Major Night Strike

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Now this is ridiculous. The New York Times and the Washington Post keep all opinion on the opinion page. Everything else is hard news.

They would not relish anything. They are just reporting on the world around us. That article did not come from the Op/Ed page. You have been discredited!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

pimpdave wrote:Now this is ridiculous. The New York Times and the Washington Post keep all opinion on the opinion page. Everything else is hard news.

They would not relish anything. They are just reporting on the world around us. That article did not come from the Op/Ed page. You have been discredited!

Whoa. I have given you credit for a long time pimpdave. I never agreed with you about anything but I oversaw your delusions since I saw the good that can come out of them. However, claiming that those newspapers report hard news is ridiculous. Where I come from, they call that flam-feeding. It's like saying the Bible is only hard fact. It might be true, but is crazy enough to piss people off.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pimpdave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 pm

What do you think of Fox News then?

Follow up. Post examples of sources of hard news.

Conclusion. Get that done quickly and then get back onto the topic that the Tea Party Death Squad is using an astroturf method to incite violence by yammering their violent messages at Colonial Williamsburg, ruining the place for everyone.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Fox doesn't do news, so I think nothing of it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Idiot moderators was not an option given.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Be nice, Greeky. Not everyone has developed the superior reading comprehension skills that you or I have.
Captain Timminz

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm always happy to think outside of the box. <smile>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,