Conquer Club

Reserves question

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Reserves question

Postby Kiko13 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 pm

I am fairly new to this site and am considering running a tournament in the near future. I have a question about reserves in cases where the tournament type is NOT 1v1 and your past the first round.

For example, I am thinking of running a 4 player singles tournament (1v1v1v1) and having a first round, semifinals and finals. If we're in the finals and one player is a no show, it doesn't seem fair to just have a reserve take the final spot. If they win they didn't have to earn their way into the finals. How do most people handle this? Would you just set up a new match with the 3 players that did show up?

Obviously in 1v1 type games you just say the no show forfeits and the other player moves on. You can't really do that in my format. And I apologize if this has been discussed, I tried searching and doing a search on "reserves" or related things and all I get is posts looking for reserves or people saying they'll be a reserve.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Lieutenant Kiko13

Re: Reserves question

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

A lot of people, even in 1v1 tournaments, will just pull up the person who the no-show defeated in the previous round.
Major Night Strike

Re: Reserves question

Postby Kiko13 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:26 am

Seems like a reasonable solution. Thanks for the reply.
Lieutenant Kiko13

Return to Tournament Archives