Conquer Club

missing BOB

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

missing BOB

Postby y2manypbr on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi, I had BOB working, then one day it was gone. Not sure how to turn it back on, thought I would download it again but that did not work. Is there a menu on my home page I am missing?
Loved the program, helps being color blind!
thanks
bob
Lieutenant y2manypbr

Re: missing BOB

Postby cisco2001 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Just happened to me? What the f....?
Major cisco2001

Postby Calidrmr on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 pm

what browsers & operating systems are you guys using? the site implemented Clickable Maps, that may have messed with your BOB functionality. Also check to make sure you have the latest version of BOB.
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby y2manypbr on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 am

I am using firefox, have greese monkey, and when i try to get the most recent BOB I just get huge pages of scripts?
Lieutenant y2manypbr

Postby Culs De Sac on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

tried installing BOB on sunday on my home Mac.. having issues there too.. Somethings up here folks.. Wish i could say more so you guys can help solve the issue..
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Craig25 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 am

I uninstalled it as I was trying to fix another issue. I am now trying to install it again and all the links for BOB are not working.....HELLLLPPPP
Colonel Craig25

Postby LordHighJuicyPoo on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am

I was wondering also...glad its not just me...happened to me as well. Mac-BOB-gone. What's the deal?
Thanks!
LHJP
Don't worry...I'm a doctor.
Colonel LordHighJuicyPoo

Postby TheTrueNorth on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:15 am

just tested bob's homepage & it seem fine here
using firefox 3.6.16

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341

you could also try to get firefox to find updates for it
click ...tools > addons > extensions > find update
Sergeant 1st Class TheTrueNorth

Postby Ugly_Moose on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 am

remove BOB 5.1.5 restart then install TheTrueNorth's link with a BOB 3 and restart again this worked for me.
Sergeant 1st Class Ugly_Moose

Location: In the woods, northern towns, middle of the road looking to get hit

Postby fonsken on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm

TheTrueNorth wrote:just tested bob's homepage & it seem fine here
using firefox 3.6.16

Had Bob up and running right up to April 1st. An update was requested and when I clicked, I completely lost Bob. At first I thought it'd be some sort of April Fools, but I still haven't got Bob yet, cannot find it on my PC anywhere, and when I try to install Bob from the link above (or the other one, somewhere else on the site) I get the install button alright, but clicking it has no effect whatsoever. True, I didn't use Bob for a long time, but I've gotten used to it and I want to get it back. Any thoughts? I've already reinstalled firefox a couple of times, yet makes no difference (except for the fact that I don't like its current look much). Much appreciated.
Major fonsken

Postby fonsken on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Also cannot use maprank, for some reason. Chatglove still works
Major fonsken

Postby sherkaner on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:22 pm

fonsken wrote:
using firefox 3.6.16

Had Bob up and running right up to April 1st. An update was requested and when I clicked, I completely lost Bob. At first I thought it'd be some sort of April Fools, but I still haven't got Bob yet, cannot find it on my PC anywhere, and when I try to install Bob from the link above (or the other one, somewhere else on the site) I get the install button alright, but clicking it has no effect whatsoever. True, I didn't use Bob for a long time, but I've gotten used to it and I want to get it back. Any thoughts? I've already reinstalled firefox a couple of times, yet makes no difference (except for the fact that I don't like its current look much). Much appreciated.

I'm still not sure what's going on, I know userscripts.org (where BOB is located) is pretty unstable lately, and I know there is a problem with the combination mac and greasemonkey 0.9.1.

For now, I'd install the latest greasemonkey version (0.9.2 is available but hasn't been reviewed yet, you can get it from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/), and try to reinstall BOB.

Map rank is a known problem btw, and mentioned it that thread.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby fonsken on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 am

sherkaner wrote:
fonsken wrote:
using firefox 3.6.16

I'm still not sure what's going on, I know userscripts.org (where BOB is located) is pretty unstable lately, and I know there is a problem with the combination mac and greasemonkey 0.9.1.

For now, I'd install the latest greasemonkey version (0.9.2 is available but hasn't been reviewed yet, you can get it from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/), and try to reinstall BOB.

Map rank is a known problem btw, and mentioned it that thread.

You hero! Bob's back!!!
Major fonsken

Return to Tools Suggestions