Conquer Club

Commander62890 [1 month ban]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Commander62890

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:03 pm

It also seems that this person dropped all of Comm's waiting games. If anyone was waiting on games with him may need to check out their games.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 pm

no that was due to the block admin put in place it auto drops waiting games.
Captain eddie2

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 pm

eddie2 wrote:i really hate to say this but... If they cannot find who was sitting they set a precident with this case.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=239&p=2897733

king achilles wrote:Let's just say, if he is using his account, it's not only him. He point dumped and did not specifically designated an account sitter for his account.

king achilles wrote:Buddysystem has been given an indefinite website vacation for point dumping and carelessly leaving his account information to some of his games.

we all thought it was not buddy.

If you really hated to say it, you wouldn't have said it. Buddy was said to have left his PW in the teamchats where any number of people could have seen it. Com6 sent his PW to three specific people who he has named. Entrusting his password to three of his most frequent teammates is by no means "careless." Stop trolling and attempting to create drama, Eddie. It's beyond blatant.
General Master Fenrir

Postby trapyoung on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Dako wrote:Seriously, be clam.

Dako is right, be clam everyone.

Colonel trapyoung

Postby Master Chief on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:Hey guys, Commander here. I've been on for a few hours, but couldn't post. I just realized I could log in as Pimp and post. Duh.

Luckily, whoever did this did not change my password. Once I logged on, I immediately changed it.

An E-Ticket has been sent; hopefully it all gets worked out before I leave tomorrow.

1) Hey, BYR! I saw your chat while playing in that game, but I could not post in chat. Not sure what Jefjef is talking about.
Also, no need to stall in our games. I'm on now and have changed my password.
2) He suicided in 10-15 team games. I don't care much about the point-dump, but that's fucked up. Fucking asshole.
3) Yes, it's true... I gave out my password to Rbel, Pasc, and Chief last night. Therefore, if my account was not legitimately "hacked," I believe it was one of their sitters who did this. Those 3 could not have done it, but I don't know who has their passwords...
4) The 10-15 games were suicided between 9:04 and 9:11 this morning.
That probably doesn't help; just thought I'd mention it.

I just was told by both pascal and rbel that this was going on. Sorry I'm late to the party to give a response to this.

I've always made an effort to never give out my password just for this reason. As far as I know, no one other than myself and my father knows of my password. I don't think it could be any of my sitters because I don't have any.

I can vouch for the pm that pascal, rbel, and myself got from Commander last night, and I filed the pw away on my own personal computer, that no one else has access to, so that I wouldn't forget.

I never signed on as Commander because I am currently having trouble keeping up with my own turns and another player's account who I'm sitting in for until Sunday.

Feel free to check my account to prove my innocence in this matter. I assure you that Commander would never do this to himself.

I hope whoever did this is caught soon and we can move on with Commander's name cleared.

~MC
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006
Major Master Chief

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm

eddie2 wrote:no that was due to the block admin put in place it auto drops waiting games.

Well they need to be warned of this.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:It also seems that this person dropped all of Comm's waiting games. If anyone was waiting on games with him may need to check out their games.

Luckily, I only had 4 waiting games. Two of them were doubles Middle Ages with Nephilim.

I can't recall what the other two were. :x
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby Master Chief on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:27 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:It also seems that this person dropped all of Comm's waiting games. If anyone was waiting on games with him may need to check out their games.

Luckily, I only had 4 waiting games. Two of them were doubles Middle Ages with Nephilim.

I can't recall what the other two were. :x

Probably with myself and pascal. :lol:
Major Master Chief

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

I warned Nephilim already and he dropped.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:46 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:
rbelgrod wrote:i got this from him the other day, not sure who else he sent it too, or who has his PW

Vacation

Sent: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am
To: Master Chief pascalleke rbelgrod
Hey guys, I'm going on a mini-vacation to Virginia Beach (and William & Mary college) with some friends.

I'll be gone from Wednesday at 5 am to Saturday or early Sunday.

THOTA players will hopefully be taking my turns. However, as a precaution, I'm giving you guys my password. Please try to state "blah blah for Comm," at least in team chat.

This is not com playing and it is bullshit

NO Commander would never give his password to a non THOTA player...

so you are saying this must of been a member of thota at least that helps the hunters narrow the search down.

No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:

Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.
Major Bones2484

Postby pascalleke on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:

Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.

3 is a bunch ? wow and 4 is a crowd ? :lol:

lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?
Sergeant pascalleke

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm

pascalleke wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?

Plus whoever in THOTA he gave it to like has already been mentioned?

I really don't see a witchhunt and wild goose chase going on. Calm down.
Major Bones2484

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

pascalleke wrote:lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?

First time in C&A?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby nagerous on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
pascalleke wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Plus whoever in THOTA he gave it to like has already been mentioned?

I really don't see a witchhunt and wild goose chase going on. Calm down.

WHOA! Enough of the accusations! ;)

Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.
Captain nagerous

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

nagerous wrote:Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.

No, I believe Jackal said that he asked for help in the THOTA forum but did not attach a password to the message. So he probably passed it on to THOTA members who offered to help in a private message.

I'm sure Jackal or Yuma could fill in the gaps in my knowledge on the THOTA forum happenings, though.
Major Bones2484

Postby Chewie1 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
nagerous wrote:Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.

No, I believe Jackal said that he asked for help in the THOTA forum but did not attach a password to the message. So he probably passed it on to THOTA members who offered to help in a private message.

I'm sure Jackal or Yuma could fill in the gaps in my knowledge on the THOTA forum happenings, though.

In our clan we have a strict rule that only clan mates can account sit.(due to some hacking that went on before i was a clan member into the clan ny a non clan member who sat for a clan member :o )
So I'm guessing that Thota members only can view their forum?
Captain Chewie1

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

My point was that there are other ways passwords can be had.....never said that DID happen
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

It was exactly like Jackal posted, he asked for help but left no password in the forums...
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby Master Chief on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
pascalleke wrote:lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?

First time in C&A?

First time using his big boy English words. :)
Major Master Chief

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Enough is enough. No more finger pointing, no more it couldn't have been from my account. Next one who posts without adding something pertinent to this thread will get a warning or what ever is the next step according to their history.

Commander62890 you filed a e-ticket there is no reason to use the account of someone else to post in the forum.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jackal31 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:I have a screenshot of him online, i can post it if needed after I'm done my exam.

I never understood why people think that posting a screenshot of someone online would actually do anything? It provides no evidence that the hunters can use to figure out WHO is online for the player.

Regardless, you can see the last time he was online merely by looking at his profile and accomplish the same thing as a screenshot: Commander62890. Which just happens to be right now.

the only reason I posted I dont have the shot, and that it just happened 2 minutes ago (at that time), is because my post would have a time stamp, so they can look for the IP in comparison to that mark.

Also, I apologize for shooting from the hip on the accusations, but the 3 of you (MC, Rbel, and Pasc) are not in THOTA and Comm didnt leave the pw in the post in the THOTA thread. I understand it is possible that another person, in some way, may have done this dasterdly deed.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 pm

jackal31 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:I have a screenshot of him online, i can post it if needed after I'm done my exam.

I never understood why people think that posting a screenshot of someone online would actually do anything? It provides no evidence that the hunters can use to figure out WHO is online for the player.

Regardless, you can see the last time he was online merely by looking at his profile and accomplish the same thing as a screenshot: Commander62890. Which just happens to be right now.

the only reason I posted I dont have the shot, and that it just happened 2 minutes ago (at that time), is because my post would have a time stamp, so they can look for the IP in comparison to that mark.

Also, I apologize for shooting from the hip on the accusations, but the 3 of you (MC, Rbel, and Pasc) are not in THOTA and Comm didnt leave the pw in the post in the THOTA thread. I understand it is possible that another person, in some way, may have done this dasterdly deed.

I understand as well, sorry to post again, but i accept ur apology......they will find out who it is, and i hope they fry em...commander is a great guy and does not deserve this shit
Major Mageplunka69

Postby sonicsteve on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:02 am

If the hunters catch someone for this, can Commander be given a point reset (UPWARDS) to his score immediately before the hacking incident?
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 am

sonicsteve wrote:If the hunters catch someone for this, can Commander be given a point reset (UPWARDS) to his score immediately before the hacking incident?

Probably not. And, to be honest, I don't care about this at all.

All I care about now is being restored as soon as possible, because I (or my THOTA sitters, since I'm going away today) cannot post in game chat. This is hurting my teammates, and they shouldn't have to suffer for this. Not cool.

Evil Semp, I hope you can be lenient with me. It appears the E-Ticket will take longer than I expected to work itself out.

See you all on Sunday.
Brigadier pimphawks70

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports