Conquer Club

Blitzaholic, Jobiwan -- Redux

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Blitzaholic, Jobiwan -- Redux

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 am

We hope to have a ruling by tomorrow's time. All of the Admins (Lackattack, King Achilles, and myself) have been in consultation (and so have the Multi Hunters) for the extent of this re-investigation. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby alster on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:1. A peculiar sequence of moves in early games

Game 5655106 - In Round 6, with Blitz's troops adjacent to his own, Jobiwan nevertheless deploys elsewhere and attacks neutrals.
Game 5655108 - Jobiwan moves off his reef and trims two neutral 10s (Lugger Genocruz & Lugger Pintmar), taking neither but severely weakening himself so that when Blitz comes through he can clear Jobiwan's troops and take the two luggers. Not even the worst player would trim one neutral 10, not take it, and then switch to trimming a second neutral 10 as was evidently the case here.
Game 5558634 and Game 5655107 also contain moves in which Jobiwan seems more intent on taking neutrals than attacking his opponent.

This looks suspiciously like deliberately throwing games

2. A suspicious pattern of early games

Between February 2009 and September 2009 there ensued a series of 56 games, created by Blitz and with Jobiwan in almost every instance the first player in Team 2 (Blitz's opponent). Of these 56 games I believe Team 2 won just six. Either this was an obsession on Jobiwan's part to join all of Blitz's games or, as is more likely, a methodical use of the Invite facility perpetrated by Blitz to put Jobiwan in Team 2. Needless to say, by September 2009 Jobiwan's points had taken a nice battering.

Only a check from the records could verify this, but it may well constitute systematically farming new recruits

Skimmed the thread, just wanna comment on this (although, I believe that this is a non-issue). A while ago there was this player who kept joining trips games set up. It was an ongoing and painful massacre. Think it took him 49 games before he (with his random team 2) managed to win (which was a shame, after a while we were aiming for 100 straight wins against this guy). And that win only occured due to a team mate getting kicked out for violating the rules (giving team 2 a great advantage on the small Portugal map). So nothing strange with this, an unexperienced player that persistently joins up against a set team will have this result.
Last edited by alster on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We hope to have a ruling by tomorrow's time. All of the Admins (Lackattack, King Achilles, and myself) have been in consultation (and so have the Multi Hunters) for the extent of this re-investigation. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
--Andy

Have you contacted your local police precinct? I hear they're interested.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:We hope to have a ruling by tomorrow's time. All of the Admins (Lackattack, King Achilles, and myself) have been in consultation (and so have the Multi Hunters) for the extent of this re-investigation. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
--Andy

Have you contacted your local police precinct? I hear they're interested.

We have. King Achilles regrets his hasty comments. Please keep your discussion in the General Discussion topic, Woodruff.

--Andy

Postby eddie2 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

i would like to thankyou andy for reopening this case. I did feel the origanal did not have all the info needed.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm

--Andy

again, i feel the admins have moved positively to address the communities concerns, and you should be commended for this move. where can i send my crate of bananas?-the black red
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby friendly1 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Andy, if I may make a suggestion - regardless of the outcome of this case I would recommend the results be kept confidential between CC and Blitz.

There is going to be serious controversy regardless what decision is made, and I suspect it would be much better to have everyone annoyed with CC and the admins for not publishing the results than to have waves people go ballistic, threaten to leave the site, etc.

Just an opinion...Feel free to scream at me :-)
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby lokisgal on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:11 pm

friendly1 wrote:Andy, if I may make a suggestion - regardless of the outcome of this case I would recommend the results be kept confidential between CC and Blitz.

There is going to be serious controversy regardless what decision is made, and I suspect it would be much better to have everyone annoyed with CC and the admins for not publishing the results than to have waves people go ballistic, threaten to leave the site, etc.

Just an opinion...Feel free to scream at me :-)

I dont see how thats possible given the way this has blown up. And if its a point reset or some other form of punishment the cat would be out of the bag anyway wouldnt it
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 pm

friendly1 wrote:There is going to be serious controversy regardless what decision is made, and I suspect it would be much better to have everyone annoyed with CC and the admins for not publishing the results than to have waves people go ballistic, threaten to leave the site, etc.

You think that is less likely to happen if everything is kept secret (again)? That would be contrary to the entire point of this thread.

If anything, admins should make everything perfectly clear on their findings. I'd be much more agreeable to a decision if we are actually informed why that decision was made for a change.
Major Bones2484

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

The more that is kept hidden the more ignorant the masses are. The more ignorant they are the more likely history will repeat itself.

>alstergren - that may be, but did you decide after beating this guy so badly and so consistently to suddenly bring him on to your team and play 500 games with him?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby jimfinn on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:58 pm

How could a player play a turn in some of a player's games but not notice all?
Corporal 1st Class jimfinn

Postby alster on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:>alstergren - that may be, but did you decide after beating this guy so badly and so consistently to suddenly bring him on to your team and play 500 games with him?

Nope. But I never "loaded" teams with cocks in order to increase my score/rank. Guess if I would want to do that, this guy would be ideal since his score was low and he showed commitment (i.e. not a guy likely to go MIA).
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 am

alstergren wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:>alstergren - that may be, but did you decide after beating this guy so badly and so consistently to suddenly bring him on to your team and play 500 games with him?

Nope. But I never "loaded" teams with cocks in order to increase my score/rank. Guess if I would want to do that, this guy would be ideal since his score was low and he showed commitment (i.e. not a guy likely to go MIA).

Is this what sitzaholic was doing??? loading teams with cocks?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:26 am

Fruitcake wrote:
alstergren wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Robinette on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 am

Take your time gentlemen... take your time... this one is huge..
Brigadier Robinette

Postby morff69 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:13 am

Fruitcake wrote:
alstergren wrote:

LMFAO :-)
Corporal 1st Class morff69

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 am

Please take discussion elements to the General Discussion topic.

--Andy

Postby demonfork on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Verdict already!
Major demonfork

Postby Robinette on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

--Andy

demonfork wrote:Verdict already!

Please don't rush them...

Even after the verdict is decided, whatever it is, the explanation itself could take a long time to be written correctly.
You do realize that this is no ordinary case, and therefore, nothing about it should be rushed.
They need to be thorough and complete with this...

PS - andy, sorry for posting here... please ignore this and please take all the time you need.
Brigadier Robinette

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:10 am

It should not be any problem for Andy come on he is really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbPxRAeClJA

we now found where he dissappeared to in 1986.
Lieutenant eddie2

Blitzaholic & Jobiwan -- Redux

Postby king achilles on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 am

After all the brouhaha, the opinions, the concerns and most of all, the facts of this case, it was agreed that another investigation was needed to be taken further, hence, the re-opening of the case. This re-investigation was undertaken in consultation with all the Admins, as well as the C&A moderators & hunters who also gave their inputs about this case.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for my "local police station" remark as I admit that this case has tested my patience and I didn't take what some of you had said/suggested very lightly during the time when emotions are running high concerning this case. Anyway, moving on, this is the final conclusion:

From All the Admins wrote:Conquer Club has no stipulation that an account sitter take all the turns for the Account they are Sitting, however, we believe that Blitzaholic and Leolou2 engaged in gross abuse of the Jobiwan account, under Account Sitting Abuse.

>>Judging from general time lines, we've concluded that two infractions under Account Sitting Abuse have occurred over a duration of time:
    1. The joining non-tournament games.
    2. Taking turns with Jobiwan account as a second communal account, in games in which the parties had a stake, to gain a tactical advantage.

>>It is clear that Blitzaholic and Leolou2 went beyond the normal scope of Account Sitting, by joining and playing games from start to finish knowing that Jobiwan would be unable to return, that is, the Account Sitting was not a temporary stopgap measure to maintain the account.

>>Blitzaholic was previously only narrowly disciplined for the first Account Sitting Abuse infraction---the joining of non-tournament games (March 15th - 30th). This is what King Achilles and the Multi Hunters determined and took into account at the conclusion of the first investigation.

>>This re-investigation, with input from all the Admins, has now led to Blitzaholic receiving disciplinary action for this second Account Sitting Abuse infraction---taking turns and playing games from start to finish to gain a tactical advantage (March 6th - March 28th). This results in Blitzaholic's Second Major/Severe Infraction (being of game-related), thus a 1 Month Website Vacation from Conquer Club.

>>Leolou2, for their part, will also be disciplined for the second Account Sitting Abuse Infraction, following the above outline and time frames. This results in Leolou2's First Major/Severe Infraction, thus a Warning .

>>The Jobiwan account has been suspended to prevent further Account Sitting Abuse, and can be re-claimed by Jobiwan should he come back to Conquer Club.

>> Because of this, now future cases where it seems that an Account being maintained by Account Sitters has been abandoned for the foreseeable future, that is, that Account Sitting would seem to perpetuate indefinitely, the Account will be suspended from the website until the original owner can file an E-ticket to claim it back under their own power and responsibility.

>> Below, information for your consumption:

show: General Time Line Information

show: Evidence regarding the facts of the above Time Line Information

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

While there has been public discussion about Point Dumping and Point Resets, we do not have adequate evidence or conclusive evidence to pursue an infraction of that nature. We know that some of the public will be disappointed in our inability to pursue this extent of the investigation, but as I mentioned, we do not have adequate or conclusive evidence.

We regret the length of time this re-investigation has taken, but the Admins and the Multi Hunters wanted to make sure that everything was re-looked into fully. We regret the original narrow disciplinary ruling of the original investigation.

We hope that in the eyes of the Community justice has been carried out.

Go forth and Conquer.

Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:28 am

i am happy at least a punishment has been issued for the abuse of jobiwans account and think this has been a step in the correct direction.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:39 am

While not the punishment I thought would be the best fit, I can fully support the punishment that was meted out to the offenders.

Thank you for re-opening the case and giving it a more detailed examination. I think this speaks rather loudly to the kind of investigation that can be accomplished if community members are willing to take the time to gather the facts and details to provide for the admins/multi-hunters to make fully-informed and educated decisions.

I hope it continues.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 am

I hope that the two admins have pointed this out to lack and are using this as evidence why there should be an account sitting feature in this site. The competitiveness of the clans requires password sharing, and it unfortunately leads to cases like this.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 am

jakewilliams wrote:I hope that the two admins have pointed this out to lack and are using this as evidence why there should be an account sitting feature in this site. The competitiveness of the clans requires password sharing, and it unfortunately leads to cases like this.

While I dont think this case has anything to do with clan password sharing (that comment is probably better suited towards the Commander case), I do agree with the feature!

And thank you KA for a detailed explanation as to what/why/how. That's all I was looking for!
Major Bones2484

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports