Conquer Club

21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [bonobo WINS]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [bonobo WINS]

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:51 pm

edit: mc29. This Tournament has been rescued by Dukasaur

Scores and updates can be found here: Scores and Updates

The Tournament Standings Board and Scores (click here)

The List of all Tournament Games and Results (click here)

Click image to enlarge.

This tournament is now ongoing: Round 10 of 10 is underway!.

When reading the Rules, there are 2 example diagrams on the second post that may greatly enhance your understanding.

show: Requirements to Play

Unite your community with your promising ideals, campaign for regional supremacy, and seek the Presidential office! Taunt your power throughout the land! Work to amend the Constitution on behalf of the betterment of the country! Do what it takes to keep your foot in the door in the politics of America! But above all, never lose faith in the system and in the American people and you will surely secure your spot in the books as the leading statesmen of the 21st century!

The 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen tournament will test the abilities of 32 aspiring statesmen in the first half of the 21st century. To play, simply click on the rectangular "Post Reply" button and write "I'm in", and write the name of the map you choose to play on in the Unite the Neighborhood phase: either NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, or Charleston map.

I highly suggest at least skimming over the Rules before joining: most of the important details will be bolded, highlighted, underlined, italicized, etc. You do not want to be snookered for not knowing the rules...

show: Initial Settings

As a statesman, you will have a 40 year career; there will be 10 rounds. Each round lasts 4 years. Each round has Regional elections, followed by a Presidential election. The rules are divided into 2 major sections: Round 1 and All Other Rounds.

Note that this tournament is designed more as a strategy/board game. No players will be completely eliminated in the tournament (Secret Service is at full force; no assassinations shall take place), and it is entirely possible that you may win the most number of games yet not win the tournament.

Round 1: 2012

Regional Elections
Play shall proceed in the following order.

Unite the Neighborhood I

Essentially, this is the base level in which players establish local control of politics.

The 32 players have chosen 1 of 4 maps (as mentioned earlier): NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, or Charleston. They are thus divided into 4 pockets of 8 players.
Throughout the entire tournament, players may NOT switch what map they play on during this stage. So, choose wisely!

The 8 players that selected the same map will be divided randomly into 2 games of 4 players each. Settings may vary based on Policy (as mentioned later in the Rules).
The winner of each game advances to the next phase. No players are eliminated.

Regional Supremacy (Governor Elections)

Two distinguished adversaries have emerged from the cities, inching toward the Presidential election.

The 2 players advancing from the previous phase battle in a series of 3 games on their respective regional map*.

*If the players played on NYC in the Unite the Neighborhood I phase, the games shall take place on the USA New England map.
*If the players played on Chicago in the Unite the Neighborhood I phase, the games shall take place on the USA Great Lakes map.
*If the players played on San Francisco in the Unite the Neighborhood I phase, the games shall take place on the USA West map.
*If the players played on Charleston in the Unite the Neighborhood I phase, the games shall take place on the USA Southeast map.

The first player to win 2 games becomes the Regional Governor (yes, I know, not exactly like American politics, but there are no individual state maps). The Regional Governor must not play in the next round's Unite the Neighborhood stage (giving him an advantage in the next round). In the next round, the Regional Governor then directly begins at the Regional Debate phase (discussed later). The loser simply plays again in the next round, in the Unite the Neighborhood phase.

show: Amending the Constitution

Presidential Elections
Play shall proceed in the following order.

The four governors have secured control of their regions and now have their eye on the great prize: the Oval Office.

In Round 1, the four governors will play in a 4-player game on the USA map.

In all rounds after 1, in which there is a President from the previous round, the four governors and the President will play in a 5-player game on the USA map. Settings may vary based on Policy (as mentioned later in the Rules).

The winner is inaugurated as the President of the United States. If the President from the previous round loses, he simply returns to the Unite the Neighborhood phase, and must restart, playing on his base map (NYC, Chicago, etc., whatever map he chose). In the next round, the winner of the game (the President) begins directly at the Presidential Election, giving him a distinct advantage.

All Other Rounds: 2016, 2020, etc.

Regional Elections

Unite the Neighborhood II

Essentially, this is the base level in which players establish local control of politics.

This stage is similar to the Unite the Neighborhood stage of Round 1, except there are 7 players, not 8 players (i.e. 1 player has become the Governor).

The 7 players that selected the same map at the start of the tournament will be divided randomly into 2 Standard games: 1 game will have 3 players, and the other will have 4 players. Settings may vary based on Policy (as mentioned later in the Rules).

The winner of each game advances to the next phase. No players are eliminated.

Regional Supremacy II (Governor Elections)

Two distinguished adversaries have emerged from the cities, inching toward the Presidential election. The winner has a chance to debate with the current Regional Governor.

The 2 players advancing from the previous phase battle in a series of 3 games on their respective regional map*.

*If the players played on NYC in the Unite the Neighborhood II phase, the games shall take place on the USA New England map.
*If the players played on Chicago in the Unite the Neighborhood II phase, the games shall take place on the USA Great Lakes map.
*If the players played on San Francisco in the Unite the Neighborhood II phase, the games shall take place on the USA West map.
*If the players played on Charleston in the Unite the Neighborhood II phase, the games shall take place on the USA Southeast map.

The first player to win 2 games shall face the Regional Governor of the previous round in a Debate. The loser of this stage simply plays again in the Unite the Neighborhood II phase in the next round of play.

Regional Debate

A war of words is now waged. The voters are focused on what you have to say, so don't slip up...

The winner of the previous phase now plays the Regional Governor that was elected in the previous round.

There shall be a series of 3 games played on both players' respective maps from the Regional Supremacy phases.

*If the players played on NYC in the Unite the Neighborhood I or II phase, the games shall take place on the USA New England map.
*If the players played on Chicago in the Unite the Neighborhood I or II phase, the games shall take place on the USA Great Lakes map.
*If the players played on San Francisco in the Unite the Neighborhood I or II phase, the games shall take place on the USA West map.
*If the players played on Charleston in the Unite the Neighborhood I or II phase, the games shall take place on the USA Southeast map.

The first player to win 2 games shall become the Regional Governor. The loser simply plays again in the Unite the Neighborhood I phase in the next round of play.

*If a player that wins this phase has no Regional Governor to face because the Governor became the President in the previous Round, then the player simply becomes the Regional Governor (there is no debate).

Presidential Elections
Follows the exact same system as is used in Round 1.

---------------------------------------------

show: Policy

show: Scoring System

The player that has the most points at the end of the tournament is proclaimed the champion and most skilled statesman!

Note that term limits/restrictions will not apply in this tournament; therefore, players may become Governors and Presidents as often as they would like, and as many times consecutively as they can.

Thank you for skimming/reading the rules! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! If you see I have made a flaw in the rules or if you feel some aspect of the rules is unfair, feel free to let me know!
I am looking forward to fighting against you, I will be very committed to making this the best tournament it can be. Have a great day! :mrgreen:

-James
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 am, edited 138 times in total.
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Standings Board (UPDATED 3/13), Examples and Players

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 pm

show: Round 1 Standings Board

show: Round 2 Standings Board

show: Round 3 Standings Board

show: Round 4 Standings Board

show: Round 5 Standings Board

show: Round 6 Standings Board

show: Round 7 Standings Board

show: Round 8 Standings Board

show: Round 9 Standings Board

show: List of Players

show: List of Reserves

EXAMPLE OF TWO ROUNDS IN THE CLASH
show: Examples

NYC Region

1. bragsie
2. arno30
3. king15
4. madman7
5. tubaman
6. faldska
7. dominator2000
8. Aussie02

Chicago Region

1. uk massive
2. Bonobo
3. elonpuckhog
4. Dukasaur
5. bernooch
6. thechuck51
7. whakamole
8. farinelli

Charleston Region

1. rmjw10
2. Namliam
3. Alexlau
4. Fuzzy316
5. EESHA
6. Steelfoot
7. Maverick0711
8. Jessamine

San Francisco Region

1. WorldCup4James
2. Wizz00
3. co-co
4. rishark1969
5. ltcomdata
6. Seamus76
7. MattiWacklin
8. DoomYoshi
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 150 times in total.
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

List of All Tournament Games

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

List of All Tournament Games
Last Updated 3/13 at 7:15 P.M. North American Eastern Standard Time (CC Time)

---

Round 10: 2048

madman7 is President. He chooses to change the spoils from Escalating to Nuclear.

show: NYC Region

show: Chicago Region

show: Charleston Region

show: San Francisco Region

show: 2044 Presidential Election

show: Amendment Games

Round 1: 2012

show: 2012 Presidential Election

Round 2: 2016

knubbel, as President, changes the Fog of War setting from No to Yes.

show: 2016 Presidential Election

Round 3: 2020

Bonobo is President though no setting change is made. Settings from Round 2 remain in place.

show: 2020 Presidential Election

Round 4: 2024

uk massive is President. He chooses not to make a setting change. Settings from Round 3 remain in place.

show: 2024 Presidential Election

Round 5: 2028

WorldCup4James is President. He chooses to change the Fog setting from Yes to No. This means all games in Round 5 will be "sunny."

show: 2028 Presidential Election

Round 6: 2032

Bonobo is President. He does not change any setting. Settings from Round 5 remain in place.

show: 2032 Presidential Election

Round 7: 2036

Steelfoot is President. He does not change any setting. Settings from Round 6 remain in place.

show: 2036 Presidential Election

Round 8: 2040

Dukasaur is President. He does not change any setting. Settings from Round 7 remain in place.

show: 2040 Presidential Election

Round 9: 2044

co-co is President. He does not change any setting. Settings from Round 8 remain in place.

show: 2044 Presidential Election

Last edited by WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 181 times in total.

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [0/32]

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

The host, WorldCup4James, is in. San Francisco as the starting map.

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [0/32]

Postby Tupence on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

This looks awesome. Confusing as hell, but awesome (I'll never understand US Politics). In please with San Francisco
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [2/32]

Postby uk massive on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:20 pm

in as well please, am confused, but hey who isn't, chicago for me
Cook uk massive

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [3/32]

Postby rmjw10 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:09 pm

in please

charleston
Cook rmjw10

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [4/32]

Postby Dragontrader on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:52 pm

James, Hi !!You mentioned this in a recent game & im well glad I looked it up... Kudos on the creative thinking & what already sounds like a fascinating tournament!!

In plse with good 'ol Charleston, lets dance! ;)
Private Dragontrader

Postby Bonobo on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:09 am

Chicago Region

count me in please
Lieutenant Bonobo

Postby Sneakie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:25 am

I'm in pls - San Francisco -
Cook Sneakie

Postby bragsie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 am

in please NYC all the way, love the place and the history
Private 1st Class bragsie

Postby WorldCup4James on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:32 am

Dragontrader wrote:James, Hi !!You mentioned this in a recent game & im well glad I looked it up... Kudos on the creative thinking & what already sounds like a fascinating tournament!!

In plse with good 'ol Charleston, lets dance! ;)

Thanks for remembering and joining! I know it may be confusing, but I'll be glad to answer any questions whatsoever.

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [8/32]

Postby arno30 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 am

i'm curious
i'm in with NYC
thanks
Major arno30

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [9/32]

Postby uslaryan on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:58 pm

in with chicago please
Cadet uslaryan

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [10/32]

Postby qwertylpc on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 pm

charleston plz
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [10/32]

Postby rishark1969 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm

in please san fran
Sergeant 1st Class rishark1969

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [12/32]

Postby Xtremejeep88 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:46 pm

in please "NYC"
Captain Xtremejeep88

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [13/32]

Postby b00060 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 pm

in san fran please
Major b00060

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [14/32]

Postby Seamus76 on Wed May 04, 2011 1:02 pm

San Fran please. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [15/32]

Postby Fuzzy316 on Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 am

Im in please. Charleston since that is the area I was born in...

Have a thought on the point system vote that you have... what about 1 for govenor, 2 for Prez, and 4 for amendments?
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [15/32]

Postby MattiWacklin on Thu May 05, 2011 6:12 am

San Fransisco for me please...
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Lieutenant MattiWacklin

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [17/32]

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 05, 2011 12:10 pm

I am a big believer in creative complex tournaments with a real theme. So I absolutely MUST join this! Bravo! =D>

Chicago, please.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [18/32]

Postby madman7 on Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

ill play--anywhere will do
Corporal madman7

New Scoring System Suggestion

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello statesmen ;)
We've had a sudden influx of statesmen, and we're over halfway to filling up the tournament.
I wanted to bring to your attention that Fuzzy316 suggested a new scoring system:

Have a thought on the point system vote that you have... what about 1 for govenor, 2 for Prez, and 4 for amendments?

You may review and change your vote if you prefer his system.
Any feedback from players would be great as this is a new idea and I am always contemplating to try and find the best system.

Thanks for joining everyone. The poll is at the top for you to review all scoring system possibilities.

WorldCup4James

Re: 21st Century Clash of the Statesmen [19/32]-Vote4 Scorin

Postby fydorm on Sun May 08, 2011 1:40 pm

in please
Cook fydorm

Next

Return to Completed 2013