Conquer Club

Deploy on Opponents

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

REINFORCE OPTION

Postby ksslemp on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:02 pm

I think it would interesting and cool if there was an option to reinforce any country, including your enemies.

It would be used in this manner, lets say one of your opponents are about to eliminate another and collect their cards, you want their cards but are not in a position yet to accomplish this. so on your turn you reinforce them with a couple of your armies to ensure they stay around long enough for you to kill them.

This could be added to some of the exotic gameplays like Assassin for example.

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE!
Major ksslemp

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:34 pm

Maybe for Assassin, but I can't see myself using this anywhere else.
I voted no.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby ksslemp on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:30 pm

I guess when i think about it, this option although i think would make for a more interesting game, would also be a boon for cheating multis.

would have to limit its use to doubles.
Major ksslemp

Postby CreepyUncleAndy on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:48 am

There are two problems with this idea:

(1) You'll get hundreds of complaints from players who accidentally reinforced their enemies. Who hasn't accidentally deployed armies to the wrong territories? Imagine how bad it'd be if you accidentally deployed all your armies to an enemy territory.

(2) Abuse, abuse, abuse. You'll see dozens of multis exploiting this technique to get their Colonels to General at the expense of a bunch of sub-thousand-point puppet-Privates. On the good side, however, this will make it far easier to find multis (at least the ones whose greed outweighs their patience and cleverness).

I had already posted a related idea which is less abusable and met with more favorable responses:

Allow reinforcement of neutral territories.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13202
Private CreepyUncleAndy

Gifting troops to opponent players

Postby usidyr on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Concise description:
  • Allow players to gift troops to opponent players during deployment and reinforcement stages.

Specifics/Details:
  • Allow players to deploy and reinforce on opponent player territories. It can be similar to the present system of how one can deploy and reinforce on a team mate's territory. However, a limit may be imposed on how many troops can be gifted per opponent per turn. I suggest this limit be 1/5th the troops due to the donating player at the beginning of his turn. This feature can be allowed in all games or introduced as a game type.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will vastly improve diplomacy and introduce new game dynamics such as proxy battles.
Corporal usidyr

Re: Gifting troops to opponent players

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 pm

I think it would be interesting, but could really tick some people off.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jippd on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:17 am

To play devils advocate, it could help multi's even more, and n00bs would accidentally drop on other people or fort away their troops.
Major Jippd

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 am

Jippd wrote:To play devils advocate, it could help multi's even more, and n00bs would accidentally drop on other people or fort away their troops.

This is all true.

I don't think this will really work on CC. I would definitely play this way with a group of friends though.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 pm

it would have to be a new option, diplomatic style. no teams but option to form teams during games (temporary teams or permanent teams, to be decided by the players during the game)

but it will also potentially increase multies, but they'd be quite easy to catch because it's too obvious it it happens often.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby usidyr on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Valid point about multis and noobs. But if this feature is introduced as a gametype, noobs can be denied access to these games. As for multis, isn't this feature also a good way to detect multis? If somebody regularly feeds a particular opponent in multiple games, that is a very strong indication that multis are involved. It is probably true that players will eventually not like to play with unknown players, but at least one can play with friends and known players, who they trust not to use multis.
Corporal usidyr

Postby mviola on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 pm

This would have an interesting dynamic in 6-8 player escalating games.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Misclicks would be my biggest problem. I like this, as it makes the game more sandbox style, but I don't think it would be a very popular option.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm

zimmah wrote:it would have to be a new option, diplomatic style. no teams but option to form teams during games (temporary teams or permanent teams, to be decided by the players during the game)

but it will also potentially increase multies, but they'd be quite easy to catch because it's too obvious it it happens often.

Agreed. But when you have an alliance with a team, it's fair if they can deploy on their allies. That would be just perfect.

But can it be coded that when
-A player is forming an alliance with the same other players about 5 times orso
-A player dumps his troops in atleast 5 games

an automatic warning is being sent to multi hunters?

So when player A enters a 3 player game with player B (no multi's), and they play together in 5 games and in all 5 games they form an alliance, the C&A team will automatically will recieve a warning that they should look into it and maybe warn them.
General Extreme Ways

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm

usidyr wrote:Valid point about multis and noobs. But if this feature is introduced as a gametype, noobs can be denied access to these games. As for multis, isn't this feature also a good way to detect multis? If somebody regularly feeds a particular opponent in multiple games, that is a very strong indication that multis are involved. It is probably true that players will eventually not like to play with unknown players, but at least one can play with friends and known players, who they trust not to use multis.

yes, you can make them private and make posts in callouts in a seperate section just for this type of game. just like the 1600+/1800+and 2000+ sections.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

One of the issues I see is guys like albestar (spelling?) who join random team slots and deadbeat / screw over random teammates (on purpose) would get off using this to further screw his team over and lose.
Deadbeating rids them of reinforcements etc but they get his troops after. This way he can hand all his troops to the other team!

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Deploy on Opponents

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Concise description:
  • 1)Bartering is a game special option, similar to how trench warfare or fog works. It can be turned off or on before the game starts.
    2)when activated for a game the bartering allows a player to both reinforce and deploy on another player's territory.

Specifics/Details:
  • See above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This would improve game play by making game dynamics more interesting and fun. It would allow for better in game alliances where you can aid your ally to fight your enemy by deploying or forting his troops in a critical battle ground. It would also allow for better deals during the game, for example a player may be willing to trade a territory in exchange for X amount of troops. As a player who loves the diplomatic aspect of CC, this would be a significant improvement, just short of allowing in game team c creation
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Re: In game bartering

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:57 pm

humm... I don't really see how i could trust enough an opponent to the point of deployin on him and forting him...

here is another idea, if you deploy/fort on an opponent's territory, this territory would be unable to attack you for 1 turn.
Could lead to interesting strategies to defend bonuses.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 pm

betiko wrote:humm... I don't really see how i could trust enough an opponent to the point of deployin on him and forting him...

There wouldn't be many situations where you would want to do this, but consider an objective map where the only way for you to save the game is to fort some troops to another player, who can use those to take back one of the objective territories.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:humm... I don't really see how i could trust enough an opponent to the point of deployin on him and forting him...

There wouldn't be many situations where you would want to do this, but consider an objective map where the only way for you to save the game is to fort some troops to another player, who can use those to take back one of the objective territories.

so he can hold the objective himself with your troops and win!! :)
more seriously, the situation you describe never happens. If a player takes objectives with a few opponents left, it's because they are outnumbered and you are probably receiving 3 only which won't make much difference.

I think there could be something to think about with this idea changing a bit more radically the gameplay; but just like this there would be no interest IMO.

Other idea: if you create this type of alliance, it's for the whole game and the dominant receives more points that his helper. You would want to become a helper only if you don't have much chances to win. It could be a good way to avoid losing too many points or even win a little something. The dominant would have to agree to have the helper on his side and win less (but if he doesn't accept it, this helper will probably become the ally of another enemy....) I don't know with those mechanics you could have some pretty interesting diplomacy tactics.
Major betiko

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:16 pm

i pretty much like this.

i play monopoly and similar board games like this. it's such a good game to include real world rules.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby usidyr on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:20 pm

I support this suggestion. It can lead to very interesting game dynamics such as improved diplomacy and proxy wars.
Corporal usidyr

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:14 am

I support this too. Let players drop and fort as they see fit, and let them come to their own agreements and ways of enforcing those agreements.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby JBlombier on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 am

This will be the ultimate version of 'diplomacy games'. I'm not sure I would play it, but it sure is an interesting option.
Colonel JBlombier

ability to drop troops on other players

Postby smegal69 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 am

ability to drop troops on other players

be able to drop troops on any region on the board

Deploy troops or fort to any region on the board, even regions that are not held by you or a member of your team

add another dimension to the game play

be able to save another player in a assassin game,
add more defense or add a block to prevent someone breaking your bonus
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby spiesr on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 am

Last edited by spiesr on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added another.
Captain spiesr

Next

Return to Suggestions