Conquer Club

[NC] THE PACK vs. SOH {27-16} of 43 Final Pack Win!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [NC] THE PACK vs. SOH {21-10} of 43 Ongoing

Postby grifftron on Tue May 03, 2011 10:07 am

Aradhus wrote:Reading comprehension not your forte, is it?

Nothing in your post comprehends to anything in my post.

Whatever man, I am not gonna play the "That isn't what i wrote but what i meant" game, just stop crying, maybe you should merge with KOA, you both have the same reactions after losing wars.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Aradhus on Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 am

Great-Ollie wrote:
Aradhus wrote:When you lose 4 players just prior to a war, 3 of them key, it is hardly surprising that the remaining members are not in the mood for banter.
But congrats with the victory, even with the dice going against you, you guys played like epic champions, clearly a big part of that is down to having such a noble honourable leader.

Are you actually dissing me here? Not sure why but whatever. I think SOH played very good, and showed us not to take them lightly. =D> =D> Why are you so upset Aradhus, you were the one who predicted us to win this! :lol: :lol:

Sorry bro, not you, JohnDeere, and I think it is evidently clear from my post above that I said no such thing that griffton is implying. Your players commented that there wasn't much discussion in this thread from Soh, and I pointed out that given the position our clan was in I'd hardly expect banter, which a lot of which would've come from one of the 3 key players I was referrring to. Key to a clan doesn't have to mean great player. There are lots of ways players contribute to the success of a clan and it is not all about what is achieved on the battlefield.
Major Aradhus

Postby grifftron on Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 am

2011-05-01 11:37:07 - Aradhus: jd, earlier today in a game I lost12 and killed 1. Just be thankful [b]I've been absent from this war due to personal tragedy, or your clan would be lucky to be leading right now.[/b]

Besides being sorry for the tragedy you had, which our pack all said we were on a serious note... This statement you made in the NYC game pretty much points out that if YOU were not gone, YOUR clan would be winning unless we were lucky... so how is my statements above wrong? Pathetic that you think your clan lost because you were gone...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Aradhus on Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 pm

grifftron wrote:2011-05-01 11:37:07 - Aradhus: jd, earlier today in a game I lost12 and killed 1. Just be thankful [b]I've been absent from this war due to personal tragedy, or your clan would be lucky to be leading right now.[/b]

Besides being sorry for the tragedy you had, which our pack all said we were on a serious note... This statement you made in the NYC game pretty much points out that if YOU were not gone, YOUR clan would be winning unless we were lucky... so how is my statements above wrong?

Because your response was to my post in this thread not what was posted in a gamechat, a quote I might add which is not only taken out of context, but also completely fails to comprehend what I was actually saying, and why.

grifftron wrote:Pathetic that you think your clan lost because you were gone...

Once again, not what I said, and just monumentally stupid, please, learn how to read. My participation in this war would've extended far beyond my merits on the battlefield, and I never said my clan lost because I was absent. Anybody, however, with a modicum of logic should be able to understand that my clan would have fared better with me, than without me.
Major Aradhus

Postby Great-Ollie on Tue May 03, 2011 2:00 pm

011-05-01 18:02:01 - Aradhus: first of all, there isn't enough space here to explain, but point of fact, our first two wars I won 20 of 25 games. secondly, we lost players just before our war began and I wasn't able to re organize the team schedule to increase our chances at victory.
2011-05-01 18:06:14 - Aradhus: I believe you benefitted frm one of our losses. There are games that the members takng my turns had no idea how to play. Had I been playing, It is basic logic since I know how to play said maps, that our chances at victory in those gs would've increased
2011-05-01 18:11:33 - Aradhus: not to mention that I was in charge of arranging who played what maps and with whom, and was unable to after all the clan and personal dilemma, it it blatently obvious my original claim has a great ring of veracity to it.
2011-05-01 18:15:21 - Aradhus: Also( I have noclue what your previous question to me is, what does it have to do with my lack of participation? I am merely saying, had I been involved this war would've been much more difficult for you. It has no bearing on whichever clans you've played
2011-05-01 18:17:10 - John Deere: Im not saying you arent good but to say we are lucky is asinine. If you ever want to join a real clan let me know.
2011-05-01 18:20:00 - Aradhus: And you were the person who brought up luck, with the dice, I was just pointing out, if indeed SoH got luck from this 1 game, you got luck from the remainder of the gs where I was absent with something I wouldn't wish on any person no matter how depraved
2011-05-01 18:21:41 - John Deere: Green got great dice! If you want to ignore that then do it, but we had a bonus and you locked out of the right side. This game should have been ours
2011-05-01 18:22:37 - Aradhus: I assume that means you're refusing my offer of a later rematch. Hardly surprising.

Do you really want us to try and school you man. We were so focused on our BSS war we didn't even take SOH as a serious threat. We are eating you alive and we are not even focusing in our games with you. If you truly think you can beat us then i have a few pointers for you.
1. Quit missing turns.
2. Quit trying to beat clans on maps you obviously have no clue how to play.
3. Pray to the dice gods that they may give you dice like we have seen you get in this war in every war.
4. Try not to be to cocky when you are getting beat 21 to 10.
5. Try to develop some form of a team strategy, rather then the luck strategy.

My condition to challenge SOH again is simple.
1. We are looking for challenges from BETTER RANKED clans then us, so you will have some serious work to do.

So when you have a rank relative to ours my friend, pm me and we can talk. :D :D
Major Great-Ollie

Re: [NC] THE PACK vs. SOH {22-11} of 43 Ongoing

Postby Great-Ollie on Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 pm

It is official THE PACK has 22 wins and will be advancing to the next round. Good war SOH.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby benga on Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Congratulations on making it to the finals!
Sergeant benga

Postby grifftron on Tue May 03, 2011 2:41 pm

benga wrote:Congratulations on making it to the finals!

Thanks benga! althought we probably wouldn't have made it if Aradhus was around...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sniper08 on Tue May 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Game 8862765 another win for The Pack
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jigger1986 on Tue May 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Congratz on making it to the finals Pack, hopefully we can pull off a victory against the Pigs and meet you there.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Aradhus on Tue May 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:1. Quit missing turns.
3. Pray to the dice gods that they may give you dice like we have seen you get in this war in every war.

So when you have a rank relative to ours my friend, pm me and we can talk. :D :D

The Aradhus account was in 15 or so games. Gosh I wonder what account was missing turns. I wonder what account would've directed their teams actions. So my clan is winning 21-10 I accuse the defeated clan of winning as many 10 games due to dice, and I am being cocky. I see you're an even bigger twat than your boyfriend.

(Clan) loses 4 players prior to war, one of those players spends considerable time looking at what players styles combimbed with what other players styles on what maps would provide the greatest probability of success; factoring in experience, communication, etc etc. The result of the loss is a mishmash of often inexperienced players jumbled together, to get these game off the ground.

And again, interesting, like your friend, that you clipped the conversation in part removing why the argument started in the first place. Also, interesting that we're so bad you recruited one of the 4 players we lost prior to the war and your boyfriend invited me to your pack of mongrels to be in a "real clan". I've been in a real clan, compared to them you suck, badly. Beating players who are experienced and have relationships which work ingame is one thing, losing because your clan was suffering multiple problems at once is another thing entitirely, is what happenened here, and if that's something you want to boast about, be my guest. Boasting is pretty much the only thing you guys are actually good at.

SoH knows it is not the greatest group of team players CC has ever seen. The pack thinks it is.
Major Aradhus

Postby Great-Ollie on Tue May 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Aradhus wrote:

The Aradhus account was in 15 or so games. Gosh I wonder what account was missing turns. I wonder what account would've directed their teams actions. So my clan is winning 21-10 I accuse the defeated clan of winning as many 10 games due to dice, and I am being cocky. I see you're an even bigger twat than your boyfriend.

(Clan) loses 4 players prior to war, one of those players spends considerable time looking at what players styles combimbed with what other players styles on what maps would provide the greatest probability of success; factoring in experience, communication, etc etc. The result of the loss is a mishmash of often inexperienced players jumbled together, to get these game off the ground.

And again, interesting, like your friend, that you clipped the conversation in part removing why the argument started in the first place. Also, interesting that we're so bad you recruited one of the 4 players we lost prior to the war and your boyfriend invited me to your pack of mongrels to be in a "real clan". I've been in a real clan, compared to them you suck, badly. Beating players who are experienced and have relationships which work ingame is one thing, losing because your clan was suffering multiple problems at once is another thing entitirely, is what happenened here, and if that's something you want to boast about, be my guest. Boasting is pretty much the only thing you guys are actually good at.

SoH knows it is not the greatest group of team players CC has ever seen. The pack thinks it is.

Nope we do not, we just know we are better then your superman stature. This all started when you started your whining, so why don't you tuck your tail between your legs and crawl back into your spelunker cave. We could challenge you again one day, but as long as you are leading, the result would be the same. Have a great day!
Major Great-Ollie

Postby Leehar on Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am

Great-Ollie wrote:
Aradhus wrote:

Nope we do not, we just know we are better then your superman stature. This all started when you started your whining, so why don't you tuck your tail between your legs and crawl back into your spelunker cave. We could challenge you again one day, but as long as you are leading, the result would be the same. Have a great day!

But isn't Aradhus's whole point around that he wasn't actually even leading? I can quite understand how if an experienced leader wasn't there and instead someone new is in charge of assigning games etc that it would negatively affect the clans performance. I didn't quite agree with griff's sentiment maligning Arad's initial statement as it did seem to go a bit off-tangent, so to turn that into whining seems a bit of a stretch.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 04, 2011 7:10 am

First, congratulations to El Paque.

Second, thanks for the advice. I did not realize that missing turns was an issue in whether one won or lost a game. I also didn't realize that we should not play any "away" games on maps we don't know. Next time we'll make sure we don't play those away games. I'm sure the tournament directors will just call all those games a draw and we'll only play maps we already know. I'll also keep in mind that dice is the only thing that wins games, although that appears to be antithetical to #1, #2, and #5 on your list. In any event, thanks for acknowledging that the dice contributed entirely to your 21 wins and our 10 wins. That's very big of you. With respect to your fourth piece of advice, it's likely none of us will take that to heart. And then finally, #5, we'll try to develop team strategy instead of luck strategy next time. I usually rely on my luck strategy to win games, but as you can see by my rank it doesn't work out well for me. I think Aradhus has a better luck strategy. Clearly El Paque had better luck strategy than the Spelunkers as we see by your relative ranks and winning percentages. Perhaps someday you can teach me how to be lucky.

All joking aside, good luck in the next round. I'm not a knowledgeable clan league type person, but I suspect you guys will win. You have extremely good players and do the team dynamic well. As a related aside, make sure you tell your clan members to be consistent. They can't complain about "bad" luck in one game and then say that the members of El Paque don't complain about bad dice in another game. Try to remain consistent and stay away from hypocrisy.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: [NC] THE PACK vs. SOH {23-11} of 43 Ongoing

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 am

Well, this is one way to make the thread longer.
Congrats guys and gl further(if you choose to use your luck strategy that is) :D

@greekdog: are you making enough animal sacrifices? that's a key part of the lucky strategy. One pound per 20 rounds seems to work for me.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 am

some pack animal perhaps?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Well, this is one way to make the thread longer.
Congrats guys and gl further(if you choose to use your luck strategy that is) :D

@greekdog: are you making enough animal sacrifices? that's a key part of the lucky strategy. One pound per 20 rounds seems to work for me.

I would think someone who is either in England or close to England would understand how certain people (Greeks and Scots for example) would rather do things to their sheep apart from sacrificing them.

Perhaps I can find some chickens to sacrifice.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 04, 2011 7:48 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:Well, this is one way to make the thread longer.

I would think someone who is either in England or close to England would understand how certain people (Greeks and Scots for example) would rather do things to their sheep apart from sacrificing them.

Perhaps I can find some chickens to sacrifice.

What's the difference between using a feather, or using a whole chicken... @TGD!! lol
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am

""Perhaps I can find some chickens to sacrifice.""
as long you dont use any goose ,then im fine with shickens
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm

2011-05-03 21:18:18 - Aradhus missed a turn

Again your leader missed a turn! Seriously guys you cannot win when you miss a lot of turns.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby John Deere on Wed May 04, 2011 7:20 pm

thegreekdog wrote:[quote="]
They can't complain about "bad" luck in one game and then say that the members of El Paque don't complain about bad dice in another game. Try to remain consistent and stay away from hypocrisy.[/quote][/quote]

Who said that? I will kick them out! But really you can ask any Pack member I am the first to say the dice are BS it they are to good or to BAD. I have many times in chat said i was sorry for BS good dice, just like i have said the dice are BS bad. GG's guys, and yes i was one of the ones that started this whole thing when i said you guys got some really BS dice and came back on a game you shouldnt have had a chance in by that point.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby grifftron on Wed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:2011-05-03 21:18:18 - Aradhus missed a turn

Again your leader missed a turn! Seriously guys you cannot win when you miss a lot of turns.

This was the same day he was crying about how badly his team needed him, if i was SoH I would have voted to boot you years ago
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby riskitall25 on Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 am

grifftron wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:2011-05-03 21:18:18 - Aradhus missed a turn

This was the same day he was crying about how badly his team needed him, if i was SoH I would have voted to boot you years ago

Years ago is a bit before our history so that wouldnt really work.

@sirbsebstar - ones erotic, the others kinky

just adding my 2 cents of well played guys. I dont think the comment somewhere in the thread of we wernt even trying in the games with us is a bit of a cheap shot though as in my experience if you know the map strategy (which you guys clearly do) then the difference between taking heaps of time pondering moves and just making the turn you were always going to anyway is pretty minimal. Also for what its worth if we were at full strength the result would of at least been closer.

Anyway good luck in the 3 way final (or should that be good strategy int he final ;) )
Major riskitall25

Postby tec805 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 am

Sour grapes are always hard to swallow. Everyone gets pretty mad when you know what you are supposed to do, things are going as planned, then the dice just hand the game to the other side. The only thing worst then having it happen with a good team like you guys is when you're playing against a bunch of cooks that haven't a clue and they wipe the floor with you. Say good-bye to 40 points!

Not to say I'm happy about giving 22 points to Aradhus in a game we should have won, but it could have been worst ;)

Good war guys! Our toughest war to date =D> =D>
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Re: [NC] THE PACK vs. SOH {25-11} of 43 Ongoing

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun May 08, 2011 12:11 am

SoH has a lot of really good players.

The choice it will immediately have before it will be whether or not it gos super clan serious, or just stays at the casual clan level.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges