Conquer Club

New Point Dumping Disciplinary Procedures

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

New Point Dumping Disciplinary Procedures

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 am

Ahoy Everyone,

Because of the recent Commander62890 case we've come to the conclusion, in consultation with the Community at-large (based on the multitude of discussions in the C&A, General Discussion, and Suggestions forums), that our current Point Dumping Disciplinary Measures for the Infraction have been deficient in meeting the Community's search for proper justice and discipline.

Moving forward, Point Dumping will NO LONGER be a Major Infraction---that is, an Infraction that proceeds along the following scale:
  • 1st Major Infraction -- Warning
    • 2nd Major Infraction -- 1 Month Website Vacation
      • 3rd Major Infraction -- Permanent Website Vacation

Instead, Point Dumping will NOW BE a Special Case Infraction---that is, grouped with Infractions that do not follow the standard Minor or Major Infractions and have their own individually tailored scale because of their uniqueness or inability to fit nicely into either Minor or Major Scales (I.E. like Ratings Abuse, Secret Diplomacy Abuse, Critical Website/Bug Error Exploitation, etc).

If a user is found guilty of Point Dumping, Disciplinary Action WILL NOW proceed along the following scale:
  • 1st Point Dumping Infraction -- 1 Month Website Vacation
    • 2nd Point Dumping Infraction -- Permanent Website Vacation
  • Note: Users still retain the right to file an E-ticket Rebuttal to have a case re-evaluated.

We hope that this change to our disciplinary procedure for Point Dumping will accommodate the Community's search for proper justice and discipline regarding abusive cases.

Relevant Community Guidelines Link:
Forum & General Rule Enforcement

--Andy & The C&A Team

Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: New Point Dumping Disciplinary Procedures

Postby eddie2 on Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

So what will happen to former players that were busted for point dumping. players like brann2006 buddysystem. (who followed up with multi accounts.) if things are like this now, Will they be allowed to buy back premium on there origonal account. because there time would effectively be served.
Captain eddie2

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jefjef on Fri May 06, 2011 10:05 am

Shouldn't those who majorly benefit from dumped points also be classified a Special Case Infraction?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Pirlo on Fri May 06, 2011 10:14 am

eddie2 wrote:So what will happen to former players that were busted for point dumping. players like brann2006 buddysystem. (who followed up with multi accounts.) if things are like this now, Will they be allowed to buy back premium on there origonal account. because there time would effectively be served.

THIS
Captain Pirlo

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 am

eddie2 wrote:So what will happen to former players that were busted for point dumping. players like brann2006 buddysystem. (who followed up with multi accounts.) if things are like this now, Will they be allowed to buy back premium on there origonal account. because there time would effectively be served.

Users with a Point Dumping Infraction on their history essentially have that Major Infraction commuted to their first Point Dumping Infraction. However, if the user engaged in multiple accounts, and was suspended for that, their suspension for that remains. Our E-tickets are open to individual re-evaluations.

--Andy

Postby alster on Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 am

king achilles wrote:Because we can not conclusively determine the party that may have been involved in the Point Dumping on Commander62890's account, and there is at least partial evidence suggesting Commander62890 could have been the Point Dumping party, his account will receive disciplinary action.

:shock:

What? So now people are responsible if a third party access their accounts?
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 am

AndyDufresne wrote:If a user is found guilty of Point Dumping, Disciplinary Action WILL NOW proceed along the following scale:
  • 1st Point Dumping Infraction -- 1 Month Website Vacation
    • 2nd Point Dumping Infraction -- Permanent Website Vacation
  • Note: Users still retrain the right to file an E-ticket Rebuttal to have a case re-evaluated.

i'd prefer it if they were banned before they could teach others how to cause havoc
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 06, 2011 10:26 am

Typo fixed. :)

--Andy

Postby Pirlo on Fri May 06, 2011 10:59 am

AndyDufresne wrote:

Users with a Point Dumping Infraction on their history essentially have that Major Infraction commuted to their first Point Dumping Infraction. However, if the user engaged in multiple accounts, and was suspended for that, their suspension for that remains. Our E-tickets are open to individual re-evaluations.

--Andy

I didn't understand if this well. now can Brann/ArmySpeeder be treated as multi alone? i.e. should he deprived of his premium and still unbusted???

may you clarify this please?
Captain Pirlo

Postby eddie2 on Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Pirlo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

I didn't understand if this well. now can Brann/ArmySpeeder be treated as multi alone? i.e. should he deprived of his premium and still unbusted???

hummmm i dont understand it either when busted as a multi you can buy straight back. these were not able to do that because there accounts were blocked for point dumping but did buy premium for there new multi accounts.
Captain eddie2

Postby Pirlo on Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

hummmm i dont understand it either when busted as a multi you can buy straight back. these were not able to do that because there accounts were blocked for point dumping but did buy premium for there new multi accounts.

exactly my point.
Captain Pirlo

Postby aMcBeast on Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 pm

At the risk of sounding a bit thick..... What is point dumping?

Also a general query.... If I were to take my laptop round to my friend's house and we played some doubles games while on the same IP address, are we likely to fall foul of the no multiple accounts rule? Is being physcially together while playing in the same game considered cheating?

Is there a place on the site where I can find this kind of thing out without having to ask?

Thanks
Corporal aMcBeast

Postby Pirlo on Fri May 06, 2011 6:58 pm

aMcBeast wrote:At the risk of sounding a bit thick..... What is point dumping?

Also a general query.... If I were to take my laptop round to my friend's house and we played some doubles games while on the same IP address, are we likely to fall foul of the no multiple accounts rule? Is being physcially together while playing in the same game considered cheating?

Is there a place on the site where I can find this kind of thing out without having to ask?

Thanks

e-ticket or pm a mod and he will give you details.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Tisha on Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 pm

aMcBeast wrote:At the risk of sounding a bit thick..... What is point dumping?

Thanks

Point dumping is losing a bunch of games on purpose to get rid of your points, for whatever reason.

The multi hunters would be able to tell the difference between you visiting your friends house for the day and multi...

Some of the more frequently asked questions are posted here: http://www.conquerclub.com/eticket/index.php
under the help tab on the top right of the site.
Major Tisha

Postby Pirlo on Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 am

Pirlo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

still looking for clarification!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Evil Semp on Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

still looking for clarification!

Prior rulings are not going to be changed. If the member wants they can send in an e-ticket.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 19, 2011 9:45 am

Evil Semp wrote:Prior rulings are not going to be changed. If the member wants they can send in an e-ticket.

For those who think that sounds wrong/harsh, and so forth, remember, there are a lot of accounts where the player has long since moved on from CC.

For CC to say they'll go back and review every case automatically would result in more time wasted than would be beneficial.

They do, however, provide a means for banned players who are still interested in having a case reviewed, to do so: eticket.

That's a much more efficient way for the site to manage the changed procedures.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby soccerghost on Mon May 23, 2011 6:11 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:Prior rulings are not going to be changed. If the member wants they can send in an e-ticket.

For those who think that sounds wrong/harsh, and so forth, remember, there are a lot of accounts where the player has long since moved on from CC.

For CC to say they'll go back and review every case automatically would result in more time wasted than would be beneficial.

They do, however, provide a means for banned players who are still interested in having a case reviewed, to do so: eticket.

Yes, but if you win an e-ticket, you still were kicked out of all of your active games, lost all of those points, and lost any tournaments the player was in. That is the only problem I see with the e-ticket system. The player being accused should have a chance to defend him/herself.

I feel very strongly on this. I myself have personally been accused without my knowledge, and AFTER I was kicked out of all of my games, the e-ticket was read and I was quietly reinstated 2-3 days later. If I could have defended myself, I probably wouldn't have been banned in the first place. It scares away many innocent members and in my opinion it's not a very effective system, but whatever....
Winner:
Three Strikes and You're Out
GR’s Common Map Tour
Ever Decreasing Circles II
Serbia's Euro 2012(Czech Republic)
Game 5955212
Game 6000000
Game 6760347
Game 10361079
Game 10364001
Game 10881389
Why did Bobby drop his Ice Cream?
He was hit by a bus.
Cook soccerghost

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 23, 2011 4:09 pm

soccerghost wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:

Yes, but if you win an e-ticket, you still were kicked out of all of your active games, lost all of those points, and lost any tournaments the player was in. That is the only problem I see with the e-ticket system. The player being accused should have a chance to defend him/herself.

I feel very strongly on this. I myself have personally been accused without my knowledge, and AFTER I was kicked out of all of my games, the e-ticket was read and I was quietly reinstated 2-3 days later. If I could have defended myself, I probably wouldn't have been banned in the first place. It scares away many innocent members and in my opinion it's not a very effective system, but whatever....

So you were kicked out of (I'm taking a guess on this) 30-50 games because of this. Which is roughly 0.005% of all your games played.

The system used to work as this - If you got kicked out, you were able to finish your games. Think about it, people could EASILY abuse this if they got kicked out. They know they are a multi. But hey, why not suicide in the games i'm in since it's going to be pointless.

It really doesn't happen all that often that a player gets kicked out for being a multi, when they actually aren't.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue May 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Please clarify on how many points need to be lost before you are found guilty of point dumping. Is it a certain amount of points in a certain timeframe, or collectively over your CC life? I'd like clarification on this since it is vague.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Pirlo on Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 pm

jakewilliams wrote:Please clarify on how many points need to be lost before you are found guilty of point dumping. Is it a certain amount of points in a certain timeframe, or collectively over your CC life? I'd like clarification on this since it is vague.

jakewilliams [-(

you are gonna spoil a major part of mods' fun by trying to invalidate the double standard they have ;)
Captain Pirlo

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 26, 2011 4:44 am

jakewilliams wrote:Please clarify on how many points need to be lost before you are found guilty of point dumping. Is it a certain amount of points in a certain timeframe, or collectively over your CC life? I'd like clarification on this since it is vague.

If When they find you guilty, you crossed the line...I suggest 60 points and 3-5 games, or more....
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 26, 2011 5:19 am

Great-Ollie got a warning for Point-Accepting in the Commander case. i think he joined 4 speed games.

the threshold is very, very low.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Pirlo on Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 am

SirSebstar wrote:

If When they find you guilty, you crossed the line...I suggest 60 points and 3-5 games, or more....

60 points and 3-5? :-k

are you kidding? I once lost 200 in one day after losing 6 or 7 games, and 2 of them were lost to very low ranked dudes. this happens a lot for people who play speeders much.
Captain Pirlo

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports