Members of Conquer Club,
The rivalry continues!
For those of you who don't know what Whac-A-Mod is all about, let me give you some background. Whac-a-Mod is a tradition which began back in February of 2009. This is when a rivalry was birthed between TeamCC and the Community of Conquer Club. Whac-a-Mod is a game challenge event where TeamCC and the Community go head to head in games. The goal of the community is to beat us, "the mods", while our goal is to win to stop you. Each game that either side wins is a point to that team.
Mods create games for the community to join, and the community attempt to "whac" the mods. Your aim obviously is to win and score a point for the community. While our goal is to stop you and win a point for us!
Since the very first Whac-a-Mod in February 2009, we have had two others since then in October 2009 and May 2010. The current score is 2 - 1, to the Mods! What will happen this year?? Will the Mods extend their lead to 3 - 1 or shall the community bring down the hammer on us and tie everything up at 2 - 2 BRING IT ON!!!!!
Up to the challenge? Time will tell if you can beat the coloured names this time around .
Onto the specifics.......
When will the event occur?
- The Mods will be starting games from CC Time: 2011-05-07 00:00:00 and no new games will begin past CC Time: 2011-05-10 00:00:00. This means there is 72hrs of Whac-a-Mod Mayhem in which you can attempt to Whac a Moderator.
- Multiplayer and 1v1 Games
- Moderators will be creating a heap of 1v1 and Multiplayer (Standard, Team, Assassin and Terminator) games throughout the celebration, they could be speed or they could be casual.
Click Here for Waiting Whac-A-Mod Games
Click Here for Waiting Speed Whac-A-Mod Games
Each game will either have a password attached to the label or will have instructions on how you can obtain the password and commence battle. For example a mod might put "Come to Live Chat" which would mean you need to go to live chat to obtain the password, or it might be a trivia question whose answer is the password. Find a game you want to join and have some fun!
Alternatively, the games will appear in your Join A Game tab of your Games Menu. Once inside of the Join A Game section of the site, look inside the Speed Games and Tournament Games areas to find games with the label "Whac-A-Mod 4 May 2011" as those are the ones that will count.
IMPORTANT: In Multiplayer Games (non 1v1), the winner of the game will be credited with the whac. If you eliminate the mod but you don't win the game, you will not receive a medal.
- Casual Team Games
- Casual Team games will be a bit more organised. In the second post there are a whole bunch of casual doubles, triples and quadruples games with a variety of maps and settings, i'm sure there is something for everyone who wants to participate . Please consult the second post of this announcement for details on how to participate in the team games .
- As freemium members are not allowed to play in speed games (unless you have a free one saved up), and since a majority of these games will be speed games, we will from time to time be making "FREEMIUM ONLY" real-time or casual games so that they may participate as well. These games will be marked with "FREEMIUM ONLY" rather than a password. To join these games as a freemium member, please simply post on the wall of the game creator to get an invite to the game. Hopefully this will allow some freemium members to participate as well.
- As there are only a limited number of moderators and a rather large number of public members, we are asking that everyone be courteous and play in only one speed game at a time. If you want to join game after game, that is fine, but please do not join more than 2 games total at once in order to keep spots available to as many people as possible (Casual Team Games are not included in this). Once you successfully whac a moderator, we ask that you step away and let others have their chance at getting a medal, so as to give as many people as possible the opportunity. If you are found to be hogging game slots you may be in danger of not receiving a medal at the end of the competition. All of the moderators will be trying to play as many games as they can manage during the time of competition to give as many people a shot as possible.
- For everyone who successfully beats a moderator, they will receive (once all games are complete) a General Achievement Medal to recognise their victory. It will be the same with any moderator who survives a game, they will receive a General Achievement Medal to recognise their victories as well. You will only receive ONE medal regardless of how many games you win.
Please DO NOT PM TheSaxlad, Gilligan or LaughingCavalier for invites into these games. They can only be joined by the methods described below.
- As has become tradition with every Whac-a-Mod, we will be holding a Whac-an-Admin Special.
Three of these games have been held for the past three contests and the Admins have only won 1 out of 3 games:
THREE Whac-an-Admin games (3 triples games) where 9 community members will get the chance to whac-an-admin.
For the game numbers and your chance to get into one of these games, they will be announced at different times throughout the weekend. One game will be announced each day and how to get an invite. Instructions on how to join a game will be posted on Facebook, Twitter and in this thread.
You cannot request to join these whac-an-admin games, you must wait for it to be announced. These are not a part of Casual Team Games in the second post.
The Admins also have a bounty on their heads, if a team manages to beat the admins, they will receive 3 months premium membership for each member of their team.
Ready yourselves, a battle is at hand....... The games will begin at CC Time: 2011-05-07 00:00:00.
As was the case last time feel free to engage in some light-hearted and good-natured trash talk here in this thread leading up to and throughout the competition. Keep it clean though, and keep it civil, this thread will be moderated if anyone gets out of control.
--The Entertainment Team