Conquer Club

I propose a social rule. mod close. thanx

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I propose a social rule. mod close. thanx

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Rule number 001.

When a person starts a thread that is non- political, or non- controversial in any way, we all abide by a basic rule. The rule I propose states "If you do not have anything positive to say, just leave it alone"

I have been on conquerclub the last 6 years. As army of nobunaga and an account I had to quit because of work. I have quit posting in the forum here because of negativity about 20 times.

Ok so here it is, yes im a jerk. Im a grumpy old man. Im a guy that doesnt hold back. But ill be damned if I ever screw with a man (or girl) that is posting something positive that benefits society.

Since I have been back reading this forum I see guys posting good threads.. good non-controversial threads.. and having bullshit kid responses from bitterness.

Can we all not do better?

I think we can.

Ill take me as an example... Regardless of how you feel about me, I contribute thousands a year to charity's that need it. Im not rich, not even close... people that know me here will vouch for this. I wish to god I could start a thread about Cystic Fibrosis awareness here without 10 shitty replys...

I wish... there is a lot of good stuff some of us could bring to the table that we do not.. because this forum is for negative nancys.

What do you say?

Can we all agree that we do not like each other but we will not be negative on positive threads here?

Ill sign this/

anyone else?

Brian White
Last edited by army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: I propose a forum change, I propose a social rule.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 05, 2011 11:16 pm

What exactly is "non-controversial"?

I propose we found the Committee of Oversight for Non-Controversial and Controversial Threads Committee (CoOfNCCTC, for short), so that we can convene during any occurrence of "dickness." During the meeting, there will be DONUTS and COFFEE for all Committee Board members. While scarfing down our DONUTS with our delicious COFFEE, we shall determine what is "non-controversial" and what is "controversial."

All claims of non-controversial or controversial must first fill out our overly complicated form before we review it. This will guarantee that wise decisions will be made, and will result in less actual work to be done--which results in... more COFFEE and DONUT-scarfing pleasure.

The Committee of Oversight for Non-Controversial and Controversial Threads Committee: For Great Justice!

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 11:29 pm

thats why I quit posting here..

every post has to be a post pushing the dickhead side of your personality.

have your forum fella.... lol... there are a lot of cool things many of us could share with you guys that we will never.

fight over what president is better, bash kids that do drill shows... bash all things good, because well you are cool bifballin.. right? i mean i bet you have so many friends and you are so ultra cool it burns.. i bet you are so happy in life and everything is perfect that... well f*ck positive posts.. you are the man.

adios forum... i tried again

f*ck you all.

wallow in the pig slop.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Ok cool, so if Woodruff posts a minimum of 100 positive, nice comments to the rest of us, as well as sincerely apologizing for all of the spurious reports he's filed to try and get us banned, to make up for all the times he's made condescending comments or called people idiots, I for one will follow this rule.

What's that? He won't? Okay, well then he'll get as much kindness and mercy as he's shown his peers: none.

You know, some of us even have PMs he's sent, in which he's bragged about reporting us for the dumbest things, telling us about how he's going to have us removed from the site and then prosecuted by the internet police. But we haven't posted them. We haven't been that mean.
Last edited by pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 11:45 pm

fine... mod please close thread.

im out... have fun guys
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby The Bison King on Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 pm

When a person starts a thread that is non- political, or non- controversial in any way, we all abide by a basic rule. The rule I propose states "If you do not have anything positive to say, just leave it alone"

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 05, 2011 11:47 pm

oh lawdy
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby The Bison King on Thu May 05, 2011 11:47 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:fine... mod please close thread.

im out... have fun guys

that didn't take much.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 pm

The Bison King wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:fine... mod please close thread.

im out... have fun guys

that didn't take much.

He's an egomaniac. If the things don't go his way, he throws his hissyfit and demands the spotlight. Leaves CC for a bit until he's fresh again and pulls his stunt again.

It's like a fucking cycle.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: I propose a social rule. mod close. thanx

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Don't karate chop me bro!
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:thats why I quit posting here..

every post has to be a post pushing the dickhead side of your personality.

have your forum fella.... lol... there are a lot of cool things many of us could share with you guys that we will never.

fight over what president is better, bash kids that do drill shows... bash all things good, because well you are cool bifballin.. right? i mean i bet you have so many friends and you are so ultra cool it burns.. i bet you are so happy in life and everything is perfect that... well f*ck positive posts.. you are the man.

adios forum... i tried again

f*ck you all.

wallow in the pig slop.

DOes this mean you won't join the Committee of Oversight for Non-Controversial and Controversial Threads Committee???

:(
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby john9blue on Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 am

army of nobunaga wrote:Can we all agree that we do not like each other but we will not be negative on positive threads here?

actually it's the exact opposite, we all secretly <3 each other, but treat each other like assholes because it's the internet and that's what you're supposed to do
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

WHO'S WITH ME?!

/in.

As long as it doesn't interfere with my duties as head of the CfDatIoSotWBotF of course.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby InkL0sed on Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am

john9blue wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:Can we all agree that we do not like each other but we will not be negative on positive threads here?

actually it's the exact opposite, we all secretly <3 each other, but treat each other like assholes because it's the internet and that's what you're supposed to do

That's pretty much true.

I don't think you understand how big of an underground fan group you have here, nobunga.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby saxitoxin on Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm on my iDroid ATM so it's hard for me to type much but I'd say AON is ol' Saxi's FAV poster in The Club and I wish he would stay around.

On to the topic ... ol' Saxi previously submitted a request that there be a Political and Non-Political forum and everyone huffed and puffed and blew that request down. It should be worth revisiting, though, because - frankly - my interest in the political discussions here is close to nil but I get drawn in. The fact is people post political threads here to tempt ol' Saxi in and then, once he's in, they try to bedazzle him. Would much rather just come in here to shake the sillies out rather than yell at each other.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jimboston on Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
I have been on conquerclub the last 6 years. As army of nobunaga and an account I had to quit because of work. I have quit posting in the forum here because of negativity about 20 times.

MULTI!?

Listen Mr. Multi... you have no right to make rules and it appear no right to be here.

Bye Bye
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Once - back in the day- AON posted a topic in this forum about our military leadership. Specifically he wanted to start a dialog about why we don't field ground commanders in the numbers that we used to.

I was all excited to reply to that topic because I was reading a book about it at the time, and it was a new subject for us. But someone offended him and he had it locked before I found the thread.
So you assholes stop offending him because he can create interesting topics.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Depends what he's going to get offended by.
He apparently has me on foe, as I discovered when I tried to join a game he was in.
I have no idea why, I may sometimes be argumentative but I'm seldom deliberately offensive.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Honestly I have no idea what will set him off.... That's on you guys.

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Hasn't AoN quit this site about 17 times now?
Major Bones2484

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Are you thinking of Woodruff?

Postby InkL0sed on Fri May 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Bones2484 wrote:Hasn't AoN quit this site about 17 times now?

Yes. And I cried every time.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby pimpdave on Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Once - back in the day- AON posted a topic in this forum about our military leadership. Specifically he wanted to start a dialog about why we don't field ground commanders in the numbers that we used to.

I was all excited to reply to that topic because I was reading a book about it at the time, and it was a new subject for us. But someone offended him and he had it locked before I found the thread.

So when that happens just start a new thread with the relevant quoted section.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm

pimpdave wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Once - back in the day- AON posted a topic in this forum about our military leadership. Specifically he wanted to start a dialog about why we don't field ground commanders in the numbers that we used to.

So when that happens just start a new thread with the relevant quoted section.

I think he meant to say assholes need to stop ruining threads and stop getting them locked.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Are you thinking of Woodruff?

Naw, I've only quit twice. Once when I was dealing with a threat to my life and once when Blitzaholic was getting a pass by the site's administrators. I'm back forum-only from that second one, as I still view the way that case was handled to be about as poor as I can imagine.

I enjoy these fora enough to want to remain here, but I won't be contributing to the site until they get their collective acts together.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,