Conquer Club

Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should Tournament dropdown default show only active Tournaments with an option to show all Tourny ?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 53

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 am

SirSebstar wrote:try this link then.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments2
it goes to a finder that shows only tournaments, and you can select open, closed. ect..
what more is needed?

what does that have to do with qwert's suggestion

:?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 am

if the ddesire is to see games from a specifick tournament, you can simply enter the tournament.(in the game finder)
if you wish to see open tourmanents you can go to the tournament finder.
I fail to see what the game finder has to do with the administrative act of closing a tournament in the forum/ tourny tool)
after all, a tournament is closed not by the TO but by the staff, therefor it is irrelevant.

I am stating that there are specific ways for the truely relevant information to find. so this suggestion is badly writen or at least so it appears to me.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:22 am

SirSebstar wrote:if the ddesire is to see games from a specifick tournament, you can simply enter the tournament.(in the game finder)

we are well aware of how to view the games but there are almost 5000 tournaments in the drop-down, hence this suggestion
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:53 am

we all ready have these discusion-tournament finder page, have all these option-ongoing-completed,but they will only bring you to tournament page in tournament forum.
In game finder , if you want to find ongoing tournament,then you will face with all finished tournaments, and when you find,then these will bring you to games in these tournament( do you see diference betwen tournament finder game up,and tournaments in game finder).
These sugestion will remove all finished tournaments from game finder,and leave to you only ongoing,who will short these long list from 5000(and still rising) to 500.
Ofcourse you will have option to see all tournaments.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

I guess I don't see what it is that you want. If you go to game finder, you can find all the active tournaments or all the active tournaments involving certain players or other parameters.

Are you saying that you want to be able to find the tournaments you create? Because I am not sure that option exists in game finder, but then the answer is to have a "sort by creator" option, not "active games". Active games already exists.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:39 pm

its look that you dont understand. active tournaments -not active games.
if you want to find some active tournament,then you will get complete list of all tournaments, active and finished in one list-these is what you have now in game finder.
I dont understand why you bring "active games " with "active tournaments"
There is not to be sort by creator,because these will bring even more hard to find, because again you will have all together(active and Finished).
I realy need to find someone who will explane better in english language.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm

if i comprehend it correctly, he wants all the finished tournaments removed from the gamefinder, tournament section as some kind of option. how this should be accomplished i do not know. Also, all ournaments are searchable, the definition of being open or closed is not a parameter that is objective. it is up to the TD to close tourny's
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am

"by SirSebstar on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm

if i comprehend it correctly, he wants all the finished tournaments removed from the gamefinder, tournament section as some kind of option. how this should be accomplished i do not know. Also, all ournaments are searchable, the definition of being open or closed is not a parameter that is objective. it is up to the TD to close tourny's"
good that you understand something of mine sugestion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:28 pm

SirSebstar wrote:if i comprehend it correctly, he wants all the finished tournaments removed from the gamefinder, tournament section as some kind of option. how this should be accomplished i do not know. Also, all ournaments are searchable, the definition of being open or closed is not a parameter that is objective. it is up to the TD to close tourny's

Let me try to explain.

As someone pointed out, there are over 2000 tournaments in the list, and that number will continue to grow. To pick the name of a tournament that you're looking for you have to scroll through the list, and even if with a wheel mouse it can take a while to find something.

Sure, you can type the name in manually, but what if you're not sure of the exact spelling? For instance, I'm in five of Blitz's Clandemonium tournaments (well, I've now been eliminated from three of them, but that's not really relevant.) They're not all spelled the same way -- there's a bunch that are called Blitz's Clandemonium I, II, III and so on, but one is just called Clandemonium and another is called Beta Clandemonium and I think there's one called Clande-something else. So for me to use the game finder to check up on how my competitors are doing has been a bit of a pain, because I can't just scroll to one group, I have to scroll to a bunch of different groups. And even though Beta and Blitz are pretty close together in the alphabet, with 2000 tournaments that's still a bit of scrolling.

What qwert is suggesting, is that when tournaments are completed they get taken out of that main list, so it would be shorter and easier to look through. You could still access the whole list by checking an optional box, but the default would be the short list.

Sure, scrolling down is not a major burning problem. But not all suggestions have to be about finding the cure for cancer. Sometimes, solving a very minor problem is still a valid suggestion to make. Hell, 3M is coming out with new, improved Post-It notes, and there really wasn't anything wrong with the old ones, but people have been finding that having Post-It notes in different shapes and sizes improves their utility just a tiny bit, and that tiny bit is reason enough.

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 am

dukasau,you apsolutly understand what im sugested,
just for your informacion, in present game finder-tournament list you have 572 ongoing ,and 3471 finished tournament these give you list of 4043 active and finished tournaments(together), if you can manage to have button like i suggested,then these will be reduce to 572 tournament,( and these combined list every day its grow more and more)
also in these list you have clan wars, and you can be in trouble to find right war,if you dont know proper name.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:13 am

any word on this ,dako put up a poll in GD similar to this suggestion but we havent heard anything since.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 8:26 am

what words? do you realised that any sugestion need to sit here in sugestion forum for 3 years,before implementation? These is facts, actualy he can sit here for 3 years and then lack can say " i dont want to implement". And these is something what become annoing.
And after 3 years you will have list like 10000 finished and active tournament in game finder.

551 actve
3835 finished

note"now i find that in game finder tournamnet list you also have an abandoned tournament :shock:
These become quite serius problem.
Last edited by Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am

yea i know how long it takes but i thought since a poll was put up in GD that this one might be different and get implemented within a few months instead of years
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 16, 2011 10:40 am

who are the 3 people to vote No ?

what are your reasons ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Wed May 25, 2011 2:23 pm

ok,guys these is not funny, why the hell not create something simple,like i suggest, and create something who its even more complicated??? Who create these mess now in Game finder??
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 pm

qwert wrote:ok,guys these is not funny, why the hell not create something simple,like i suggest, and create something who its even more complicated??? Who create these mess now in Game finder??

In my opinion it was working fine ... This your proposal would improve it.
Adding something similar to "Game Status" I mean "Tournament status" ... "Active" or "Finished".

However for organizers it will be useful also another check "My active tournament games" ... I can find exactly the dropdown I mean in "Start A Game" ... "Tournament".

Perhaps is not too difficult allow this dropdown for "Game Finder"???

About the question I didn't answer because now it is not able ANY dropdown, but I think it is "necesary".
Captain PepeAtila

Postby lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 25, 2011 4:57 pm

the new feature is worse than the old one,this suggestion is well better than the one that got implemented

lackattack wrote:Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.

simple isnt better in this case ,the tournaments tab doesnt give you game numbers and now the drop box is gone which makes you type in the tournament name in order to get the game numbers.i know your probably gonna say its only a partial match needed but if all your tournaments start with the same type of name e.g.Sniper's 1v1 ... just typing sniper isnt enough cause i get a lot of game numbers.the old system is better than this one and this suggestion is better than both
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Fully agree!!

Sniper08 wrote:the new feature is worse than the old one,this suggestion is well better than the one that got implemented

lackattack wrote:Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.

simple isnt better in this case ,the tournaments tab doesnt give you game numbers and now the drop box is gone which makes you type in the tournament name in order to get the game numbers.i know your probably gonna say its only a partial match needed but if all your tournaments start with the same type of name e.g.Sniper's 1v1 ... just typing sniper isnt enough cause i get a lot of game numbers.the old system is better than this one and this suggestion is better than both
Captain PepeAtila

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 pm

TO's had discussed at length what would improve the Game Finder

timmy's suggestion didn't come close to being what we wanted
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Thu May 26, 2011 8:34 am

well,its look that game finder are completely ruined, and make imposibile to operated, what to say, its look that mine sugestion, now become even more better option then what whas implemented , and lack belive that its now "simple and better". Its look that lack dont use game finder for tournament.

""by lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.""
Well,i only can say that you are wrong, and what you implemented, not good, like people say,old version,whas much better then these iplementation. Now people need to know exactly name of tournament,othervise if they know only partial name, then can get thousand and thousand games.
These sugestion are still active, i hope that one smart mod will try to understand,mine much simple and easy aproach, where every player can arange what want to see in game finder, related on touranment drop down.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 pm

qwert wrote:well,its look that game finder are completely ruined, and make imposibile to operated, what to say, its look that mine sugestion, now become even more better option then what whas implemented , and lack belive that its now "simple and better". Its look that lack dont use game finder for tournament.

""by lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.""
Well,i only can say that you are wrong, and what you implemented, not good, like people say,old version,whas much better then these iplementation. Now people need to know exactly name of tournament,othervise if they know only partial name, then can get thousand and thousand games.
These sugestion are still active, i hope that one smart mod will try to understand,mine much simple and easy aproach, where every player can arange what want to see in game finder, related on touranment drop down.

You don't seem to understand; Once a suggestion makes it to Submitted, it is COMPLETELY lack's decision on what gets implemented and what doesn't.
Our job is to ensure that suggestions have enough information, enough support, and are legitimate enough to be implemented.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 am

Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.
Now i see that lack plan,its in force to hold these implementation,even when me, and its look community dont like these.
Now i only need to find timmytuttut88's sugestion topic,to see ,or to understand why hes sugestion are easy,and simple for use.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 am

qwert wrote:Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.
Now i see that lack plan,its in force to hold these implementation,even when me, and its look community dont like these.
Now i only need to find timmytuttut88's sugestion topic,to see ,or to understand why hes sugestion are easy,and simple for use.

lack is not saying that either suggestion is better or worse. He is saying that the one that was implemented was more simple to code. Yours would take more time to implement.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.

lack is not saying that either suggestion is better or worse. He is saying that the one that was implemented was more simple to code. Yours would take more time to implement.

i understood that timmy's suggestion was easier to implement. lack admited to taking the easier to code route.

i am not sure lack understood timmy's suggestion was something that would be more difficult for tournament volunteers so i assume the reason the one by qwert was rejected was because it was more difficult to code :) not because he hates TO's :shock:
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions