Conquer Club

strike wolf's next mafia?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

which do you prefer

Poll ended at Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 am

Actor mafia
73%
Rock n roll mafia
27%

Total votes : 15

strike wolf's next mafia?

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 16, 2011 9:18 am

So here are the ideas I have been mulling through my head and a brief overview:

1. Actors mafia-hollywood has become frustrated with bad actors ruining otherwise good movies. In their haste to do away with this they decided to use a new controversial psychotherapy technique to better immerse actors in their roles. The problem? It worked too well and now Hollywood actors actually believe they are the roles they were meant to play.

Pros: should allow for good fake claims and some interesting roles.

2. Rock n roll hall of fame mafia: continual outsiders have become irritated by the rock n roll hall of fame and the rejection they've faced. Now they're out for revenge by eliminating anyone who has ever gotten into the hall of fame.

Pros: have you ever seen the list for the rock n roll hall of fame? There are plenty of bands/artists to represent both real roles and fake claims.

So please let me know which idea you like better. I am probably not going to start either game for a couple months but I want plenty of time to formulate the roles and come to a balanced set up. The poll will be open for two weeks.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: strike wolf's next mafia?

Postby Talapus on Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am

Fake claims, Kick ass PR's, an interesting roles all the way. The potential with PR's would be awesome with the actor theme. Rock n Roll Hall of Fame could be fun too, but am doing a similar game on another site right now.
DoomYoshi wrote:
vote talapus

You lying sack of cunt!
Corporal Talapus

Postby Frivolidad on Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 am

I am fervently infatuated with the first idea, just saying
New Recruit Frivolidad

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 16, 2011 11:07 am

oh yeah let's do the actor mafia. Can't wait to see what kind of PRs come out of that one.
fadtposted
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 16, 2011 12:57 pm

6 votes to zero...this is starting to look like a blowout lol
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am

I prefer the latter because I know musicians more than actors. However since it's only hall of fame, it doesn't really mesh well with my hipster tendencies. *puts on Panama*
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby safariguy5 on Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 am

Fircoal wrote:I prefer the latter because I know musicians more than actors. However since it's only hall of fame, it doesn't really mesh well with my hipster tendencies. *puts on Panama*

I'm trying to imagine Fircoal as a hipster, but him wearing a pokemon hat keep popping into my head instead.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 am

This is what came up when I looked up an image of pokemon hipster...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 17, 2011 7:14 am

As the Devil's Advocate, I am forced to support the 2nd Opinion.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 am

Me 2, wouldn't play an actor mafia, but a R&R has soooo much potential.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Commander9 on Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

edocsil wrote:Me 2, wouldn't play an actor mafia, but a R&R has soooo much potential.

To be fair, both of these have a lot of potential and could be epic mafias.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Well it looks like regardless actor's mafia is more popular. So I am at this point making it my priority, though edoc, you absolutely would not play actors?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Still working on this but I'm thinking of expanding it a bit and I might be looking for a co-mod. Will let you guys no more as I get closer to completing it. Hopefully I'll be ready to open sign ups by the end of August.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm

What about Dexter II?
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 pm

nagerous wrote:What about Dexter II?

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

strike wolf wrote:

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:

My original interpretation was a cop with completely random results...think of the chaos. Not all of them. Just one in particular. I think you know which one based on seeing the series. Not likely to include drunk cop in this game so I don't count this as a spoiler.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

nagerous wrote:I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.

Well it's heavily implied throughout the series that Angel has a bit of an alcohol problem. It doesn't fit flavor perfectly which is another reason I don't want to go that route and have now definitively made it unrealistic to go that route now anyways by saying this.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 am

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails

You Killed Dexter! :( :cry:

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I prefer the latter because I know musicians more than actors. However since it's only hall of fame, it doesn't really mesh well with my hipster tendencies. *puts on Panama*

I'm trying to imagine Fircoal as a hipster, but him wearing a pokemon hat keep popping into my head instead.

I'm not a full hipster. Just a Internet Pokemon nerd with hipsterish tendencies!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 am

I've almost finalized the roles for this. I'm just doing one last balance check and then will probably wait a week or so before opening sign ups.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

I'd be happy to help.
Captain nagerous

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions