[Site] Live CC Clock on the Top Right of Each Page

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Postby Doctor Spin on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Concise description:
  • Put a live, CC-time clock on the top right of each CC page

Specifics/Details:
  • Taken from the site http://hattrick.org/ , I've realized that when site maintenance or something else is going down (tournaments, callouts, events, etc.) that to convert CC time to whatever timezone someone is in, they have to click links and look up in an ugly table. I propose we set up a live CC clock (and date, if needed) that shows exactly what the current CC time and date is

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • People can coordinate gamechat sessions, speed games, tournaments and events without having to convert through timezones and whatnot. I'm not the greatest programmer ever, but to me, this seems like a very easy fix to a very annoying problem. Having that link of CC time is annoying and obnoxious.

MOD EDIT: Copied OP with form.
show
Last edited by spiesr on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Copied OP with form.
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Add a clock to the title bar

Postby jaimito101 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm

amen. very good suggestion! =D> it would be great to have a visible clock at all times, seeing this is an international site it should be clear for everyone on which time zone the site is running on. Though you can find out by posting or enterering the chat, it would be much more userfriendly if the time was out in the open!

one of the better suggestions in a while.
Colonel jaimito101

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby Doctor Spin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

Thank you for your kind support jaimito101. I'm surprised no-one has suggested this before.
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Doctor Spin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:04 pm

!!
Sergeant Doctor Spin

General Contribution (1)

Postby jaimito101 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm

haha, well, looks like its not getting its deserved attention! shame. missed opportunity here.
Colonel jaimito101

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby lackattack on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:14 pm

You can change your timezone in Control Panel -> Board preferences and the game will display in your timezone :idea:
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby jaimito101 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:31 pm

wow! amazing how you fixed that so quickly :lol:
thx
Colonel jaimito101

Postby Doctor Spin on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:19 am

Incredible - and it works!

Many thanks. Glad I mentioned it.
Sergeant Doctor Spin

General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 20, 2011 3:33 am

Concise description:
  • Put a live, CC-time clock on the top right of each CC page

Specifics/Details:
  • Taken from the site http://hattrick.org/ , I've realized that when site maintenance or something else is going down (tournaments, callouts, events, etc.) that to convert CC time to whatever timezone someone is in, they have to click links and look up in an ugly table. I propose we set up a live CC clock (and date, if needed) that shows exactly what the current CC time and date is

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • People can coordinate gamechat sessions, speed games, tournaments and events without having to convert through timezones and whatnot. I'm not the greatest programmer ever, but to me, this seems like a very easy fix to a very annoying problem. Having that link of CC time is annoying and obnoxious.
Last edited by spiesr on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Site] tag for index
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Live CC clock on the top right of each page

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 20, 2011 3:34 am

Also, if you click that link I posted in the OP, you can clearly see what I'm talking about if you look at the top right of the homepage

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby JBlombier on Fri May 20, 2011 6:06 am

Seems like a reasonable suggestion to a problem a lot people encounter.
Good idea.
Colonel JBlombier

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 am

This was suggested in the original CC time discussion. I'm not sure why it wasn't implemented then, but you find some details in that thread.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Postby Army of GOD on Sun May 22, 2011 2:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:This was suggested in the original CC time discussion. I'm not sure why it wasn't implemented then, but you find some details in that thread.

From the one I read (I think it was the "creation of CC time" thread), lack said something about having to still do conversions.

The thing about a live clock is you don't HAVE to do conversions...you just take the current CC time and date (it's a live clock, so you'll know what it is) and figure out how long until the event or whatever. No conversions required.

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Dibbun on Sun May 22, 2011 7:45 am

I like it.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Dibbun wrote:I like it.

Who doesn't?!

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Next

Return to Implemented Suggestions