Conquer Club

Who has the best capitol?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Best Capitol? FINAL ROUND

Total votes : 0

Re: Who has the best capitol?

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:all the hardworking Greeks came to the United States.

Is that why Greek economy failed?

This is what my grandfather thinks. From what I understand, the Greek economy failed because people and companies don't pay the taxes they are supposed to pay and because of state pensions. But that's Mr. Changsha's expertise.

Well...the greek economy? I have some understanding (and views) on both political and economic concepts, but remember I live in something of a news-free environment. Of course I could read newspapers online etc etc but ever since the conservatives kicked those lying little shits out of power I have basically felt that the world is all fine again (yep...pretty narrow, uk, china, us, eu), or at least a whole lot better, and promptly turned my mind off current events for the first time in about ten years.

I would suppose, however, that if a brain drain was serious and heavy enough, and new immigrants of equal quality were not found, that it is possible that a country couldn't produce enough actual contributors to the public purse. But it is more likely to be a case of ridiculous government spending linked to tax avoidance, overly-strong unions depressing growth, an unrealistic and self-delusional body politic and media etc etc.

Well... my grandfather is a 93 year old man who barely speaks English (although he's been here for 77 years). He's a pretty smart guy (and was successful in business), but I doubt he has the answers as to why Greece has failed.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Timminz on Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:wow you couldn't get a better picture for greece? that's so totally unfair. Hungary's picture should have police in front of it too.

I think it looks swell.
Captain Timminz

Postby GreecePwns on Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I guess part of the German-France Power Grab stipulated that state owned grass surrounding fountains may not be watered.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby notyou2 on Sat May 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Was this pic taken between 1pm and 3pm? There aren't any respirator guys.
Captain notyou2

Postby saxitoxin on Sat May 21, 2011 9:46 pm

GREECE WON! 55% to HUNGARY's 45%! :o

next round to follow later; Saxi gotta get his drink on now
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby targetman377 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

i stopped cheeking this thread and also the credibility of this is shot after Scotland beat Washington!

that is all carry on!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 am

targetman377 wrote:i stopped cheeking this thread and also the credibility of this is shot after Scotland beat Washington!

that is all carry on!

Now what do you cheek??
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 am

Go me!!! :D

-Sully the Quick
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Iliad on Sun May 22, 2011 2:40 am

Poll for fastest two miles void, I'm not an option.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

AoG's winning the 2 miles fastest poll.
That makes him CC's fastest troll.

p.s. why am I not an option? 11:30
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby saxitoxin on Mon May 23, 2011 4:11 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:AoG's winning the 2 miles fastest poll.
That makes him CC's fastest troll.

p.s. why am I not an option? 11:30

I dunno why AOG is winning, I've actually seen him run. Just the other weekend he was running away from my van. I had 3 big sacks of free candy in the back weighing me down and I still almost caught him.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby natty dread on Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm

someone plz vote for me or my feelins will be hurt

once they are hurt they can't be unhurt you know
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:27 pm

ENOUGH FUN & GAMES, WE HAVE BUSINESS WITH WHICH TO ATTEND.

(Timminz was declared fastest on CC.)

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm

GREECE

vs.

FINLAND
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GreecePwns on Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Saxi, I think you've reversed the pictures. Clearly the one with the columns is the one that houses a statue of Zeus.

Finland has been reported to the appropriate mods for plagiarism.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Voting now is also open in the "Who Has the Best Official Residence?" competition.

The first round is "United States"; La Fortaleza is beating the competition with Iolani Palace coming a close second and the White House and Drumthwacket trailing.

The second round is "Canader", followed by "Europe" and then more ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=145679&start=0
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Fircoal on Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm

saxitoxin wrote:ENOUGH FUN & GAMES, WE HAVE BUSINESS WITH WHICH TO ATTEND.

(Timminz was declared fastest on CC.)

How the ffffffffffffff is Scotland still alive in this? >:C That building looks like an ugly piece of garbage. (Just like most recent buildings)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby InkL0sed on Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

It's really not fair that Scotland and Finland are in the same bracket. They should face each other in the finals.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 pm

I was going to vote for Greece but then saw that the grass around the fountain was whithered so I decided to vote for Finland. Then I looked at Finland's picture and saw only one lonely person standing there and then saw greece with lively communities so Greece won back my vote. congrats Greece.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby notyou2 on Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Finland's building could withstand a Russian assault.
Captain notyou2

Postby InkL0sed on Wed May 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Guys, guys. I see Finland is losing.

Look, I understand why you might dislike the architecture. It's a huge, scary, ugly block. With columns. I realize that.

But Greece? Greece's building is just kinda... there. Oh, and there's a fountain. Whoop-de-fucking-doo. What I'm trying to say is, the Greek architecture is a prime example of artistic cowardice. Seriously, what is there to say about it? There's nothing to say about it. I'm trying to find another sentence to describe its blandness, but this is the best I can come up with. Need I say more?

By contrast, the Finnish are making a fucking statement with that building. That building says, "Don't even think about fucking with this."

You know, the Russians probably didn't pay much attention to the attitude of Finnish architecture when they invaded in 1939. In case you're not aware of how that turned out for Russia, just look at the statistics:

That building says "Finland: Be afraid. Be very afraid." You don't need to speak Finnish to understand that.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby notyou2 on Wed May 25, 2011 9:07 pm

The Finnish building is more in the line of classic Greek architecture than the Greek capital is. Wut?
Captain notyou2

Postby natty dread on Thu May 26, 2011 9:37 am

InkL0sed wrote:You know, the Russians probably didn't pay much attention to the attitude of Finnish architecture when they invaded in 1939. In case you're not aware of how that turned out for Russia, just look at the statistics:

The Russians tried to bomb Helsinki once, during the war. What we did was turn off all the lights in the city, and put up torches a bit to the east from the city (actually, close to where I live now - the city has grown since then) so when the Russian bombers came, most of their bombs were dropped harmlessly in the forest. Russians were a bit daft at the time.

Some bombs did find the right target though, you can still find some old buildings in Helsinki with marks from the bombings. The parliament house was one of their main targets, as I recall.

It never got a scratch.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 26, 2011 3:40 pm

notyou2 wrote:The Finnish building is more in the line of classic Greek architecture than the Greek capital is. Wut?

So I suppose the Finns' capital should just be considered the Greek capital... thus Greece wins.

Any building with columns is trademarked by Greece.

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 26, 2011 3:48 pm

InkL0sed wrote:Guys, guys. I see Finland is losing.

Look, I understand why you might dislike the architecture. It's a huge, scary, ugly block. With columns. I realize that.

But Greece? Greece's building is just kinda... there. Oh, and there's a fountain. Whoop-de-fucking-doo. What I'm trying to say is, the Greek architecture is a prime example of artistic cowardice. Seriously, what is there to say about it? There's nothing to say about it. I'm trying to find another sentence to describe its blandness, but this is the best I can come up with. Need I say more?

By contrast, the Finnish are making a fucking statement with that building. That building says, "Don't even think about fucking with this."

You know, the Russians probably didn't pay much attention to the attitude of Finnish architecture when they invaded in 1939. In case you're not aware of how that turned out for Russia, just look at the statistics:

That building says "Finland: Be afraid. Be very afraid." You don't need to speak Finnish to understand that.

Oh yeah?!?!?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Greece

Germany + Italy (better armies than the Soviet Union) - 1,245,000 men, 1200+ tanks, 1100+ aircraft
Greece + British - 492,000 men, 100 tanks (British), 300 aircraft (British)

Casualties:

Italy - 101K
Germany - 5K
Bulgaria - 400

Greece - 77K
British - 16K (14k Captured)

One of Hitler's friends said, "if the Italians hadn't attacked Greece and needed our help, the war would have taken a different course. We could have anticipated the Russian cold by weeks and conquered Leningrad and Moscow. There would have been no Stalingrad."

Hitler said, "Historical justice obliges me to state that of the enemies who took up positions against us, the Greek soldier particularly fought with the highest courage. He capitulated only when further resistance had become impossible and useless."

Churchill said, "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks."

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,