Conquer Club

Looking for a partner

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Looking for a partner

Postby QoH on Sat May 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi fellow Map-Makers!

A while back I had an idea for a map based off the The War of the Roses. I have a really good idea of what I want the gameplay to be like, but I have no experience with graphic design at all, and am very lousy at GIMP. I could learn how to code (I've looked at the XML for some maps and it looks pretty simple) but I would need someone to help me with the graphics.

IF anyone would want to help with the hardest part of the project, I'd really appreciate it. I can always draw up a draft and send it to you if anyone agrees to help.

Thanks!
Major QoH

Re: Looking for a partner

Postby QoH on Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 am

Anyone interested? Or is this too much to ask...
Major QoH

Postby MarshalNey on Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

It's Memorial Day weekend, plus it's sometimes hard to find partners, although I 100% think that you're going about it in the right way to look for one. The maps with more than one person have a much higher success rate if the workload is reasonably distributed.

You just have to understand that even going into a partnership for a CC map is a fairly large committment, and I imagine that graphic artists would want to know just who they're committing to before saying yes. The War of the Roses is an interesting topic from my end, but without any more information it's also not a big selling point. So maybe try poking around the Foundry forums, comment on some maps (or rather keep doing so) and if you find an artist that's looking for a good idea, shoot them a PM about your idea.

-- Marshal Ney
Captain MarshalNey

Postby QoH on Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 pm

OK, thanks marshal.
Major QoH

Postby 40kguy on Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 pm

QoH wrote:OK, thanks marshal.

You can brain storm with me, I will do it, my soccer map comes first, but it is allmost done in the draft.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Return to Foundry Discussions