Conquer Club

[Site] Live CC Clock on the Top Right of Each Page

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Live CC clock on the top right of each page

Postby owenshooter on Wed May 25, 2011 2:02 am

no brainer...-the black scarecrow
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby natty dread on Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 am

I think both CC time and your local time should be shown. That way you'd know instantly by looking at it how much you are behind/after CC time, and coordinating future events would be even easier.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Leehar on Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 am

don't we already have this tho?
Top left of the forum home page gives you the time it is in your time zone. If you want CC time, just log out and it'll give cat there
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Leehar wrote:don't we already have this tho?
Top left of the forum home page gives you the time it is in your time zone. If you want CC time, just log out and it'll give cat there

not as handy as having a clock always ticking right there on every page tho.

natty_dread wrote:I think both CC time and your local time should be shown. That way you'd know instantly by looking at it how much you are behind/after CC time, and coordinating future events would be even easier.

yes, true, it would be handy to have both your time and CC time on the page... but wouldn't having your time on the page be a little unnecesary as you (should) already have it on screen when exploring the web (bottom right corner for Windows users)?
And besides, it would take extra programming to implement both times... to just display CC time it would hardly take more than 5 lines of code, I would imagine. Not that both couldn't be done, it would just be easier to do CC time.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Army of GOD on Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:yes, true, it would be handy to have both your time and CC time on the page... but wouldn't having your time on the page be a little unnecesary as you (should) already have it on screen when exploring the web (bottom right corner for Windows users)?

Yea, pretty much.

And Leehar, that's such a complicated process and I don't know how many people would think of that (I know I wouldn't). Plus having to logout isn't very fun.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Leehar on Thu May 26, 2011 5:10 am

I guess, but as I said, you have the time on the forum homepage, so I really don't see a need to put CC time on the top of every page, specially since that'll mean that everyone will need to convert that CC time to your normal one. I really think the BB code is a lot better for situations instead of complicating it with a CC time clock for everyone.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 am

well, normally we already know what time it is for us, but we don't know what time it is for CC. that's the point of putting a CC clock at the top. It'll be the same no matter where you are in the world.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Leehar wrote:I guess, but as I said, you have the time on the forum homepage, so I really don't see a need to put CC time on the top of every page, specially since that'll mean that everyone will need to convert that CC time to your normal one. I really think the BB code is a lot better for situations instead of complicating it with a CC time clock for everyone.

No one's complicating it at all. You realize that considering people's local time is shown on their computer anyway (bottom right for PCs, top right for Macs I think) that they won't have to convert anything. They'll see what CC time it is during their local time with the Live Clock and plan accordingly (when the CC time advances 5 hours, my local time advanced 5 hours). Things like that.

No conversion necessary. And like I said, having to click around (especially if in Live Chat or a speed game) to figure out what CC time it is isn't the most practical thing.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Leehar on Thu May 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Leehar wrote:I guess, but as I said, you have the time on the forum homepage, so I really don't see a need to put CC time on the top of every page, specially since that'll mean that everyone will need to convert that CC time to your normal one. I really think the BB code is a lot better for situations instead of complicating it with a CC time clock for everyone.

No one's complicating it at all. You realize that considering people's local time is shown on their computer anyway (bottom right for PCs, top right for Macs I think) that they won't have to convert anything. They'll see what CC time it is during their local time with the Live Clock and plan accordingly (when the CC time advances 5 hours, my local time advanced 5 hours). Things like that.

No conversion necessary. And like I said, having to click around (especially if in Live Chat or a speed game) to figure out what CC time it is isn't the most practical thing.

I just mentioned it because at the time of that post I was actually at varsity and the clock at the bottom right was showing 7 am when it was actually 2 pm (and which got me late to class as well >_>)

With regards to CC time, as I said earlier, thats what the bb code is for? I'm really not seeing a scenario where you'd desperately need a CC clock at the top of the page instead of using the resources that are already at your disposal. I've seen those clocks you mentioned before, but it's irritated me more than anything else having a clock thats always giving me a different time than my actual...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 26, 2011 3:25 pm

well then, if the CC time clock at the top of the page would drive you nuts, then maybe we can have a feature that turns it on/off.
Now I see why you'd want your own time to display as well, and maybe we can features that switch between the two? But really I find it unecessary in my situation and opinion.

Postby Crazy Frog on Thu May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

I had this idea the other day... and came and looked and we are... Some folks already requested it.

Now Here is my input on it:
I think we should use a 24 hour Military Time Clock
Clock should be Bold Red Numbers... Example May 26, 2011 @ 19:30 hrs CC Standard Time
Call the time CC STANDARD

If someone wanted to stay on their own Clock time... then they should be given (For Example... if you are 5 hours ahead)
a CC + 5.00 by the clock to remind them.... (or let them switch times with a simple click)

Thanks guys... keep up the great work!!!
Crazy Frog
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Postby Crazy Frog on Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Just make it a user friendly option.... a simple click to see CC Standard Time and CC Standard in Bold Red Font so it is not mistaken for anything...
Remember... KISMIF: Keep it simple make it fun.
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Postby kabuki.mono on Sat May 28, 2011 12:09 am

Great idea.
I still have no idea what the difference between my time and CC time is. :?
Corporal kabuki.mono

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun May 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Leehar wrote:With regards to CC time, as I said earlier, thats what the bb code is for? I'm really not seeing a scenario where you'd desperately need a CC clock at the top of the page instead of using the resources that are already at your disposal. I've seen those clocks you mentioned before, but it's irritated me more than anything else having a clock thats always giving me a different time than my actual...

I don't want to be rude, but any suggestion that involves logging out of the site is not much of a suggestion at all =/

Besides, the clock could also be configured to display your local time next to CC time.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Leehar on Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 am

Metsfanmax wrote:I don't want to be rude, but any suggestion that involves logging out of the site is not much of a suggestion at all =/

Besides, the clock could also be configured to display your local time next to CC time.

Check before logging on then? Tbh, the only reason I saw cc time at all was because the forums log me out so often if I don't stay 'active' for long enough...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Leehar wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I don't want to be rude, but any suggestion that involves logging out of the site is not much of a suggestion at all =/

Check before logging on then? Tbh, the only reason I saw cc time at all was because the forums log me out so often if I don't stay 'active' for long enough...

The reason why I think this is such a good suggestion is because the amount of time spent programming this seems like it would be very, very miniscule for something that'll save a lot of clicking. I also think it would make the site look better from a visual standpoint as it fills up empty space.

I mean, yea, it's not the most important thing ever, but it's certainly more important than something like "Skip a game", which I still don't understand why it was implemented.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby mattattam on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:25 am

This suggestion needs to be implemented! It's so easy and solves a problem that many people have when coordinating events.
Major mattattam

Postby firsal901 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:49 am

excellent idea. the tedious process of looking the world clock will be gone if this suggestion is implemented.
Cook firsal901

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Elmo9199 wrote:excellent idea. the tedious process of looking the world clock will be gone if this suggestion is implemented.

Yep, definitely. Queen Herpes, get in here and support my suggestion! :x
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby mattattam on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 am

Why hasn't anyone from the suggestion team commented on this? What do you guys think? This should be implemented!
Major mattattam

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 am

The time I have on CC forum home page is my own time, which differs from the CC time, and I never remember how many hours to adjust for CC time. As a result, I don't participate in any "timed" events.

This idea of showing a standard time for everyone on the site would change that. You'd know precisely when something starts.

Either way causes a conversion requirement; showing what time CC thinks it is, helps people do the conversion without having to remember how many hours to add or subtract and whether CC thinks it's am or pm.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 am

To be honest, I don't get the idea behind CC time. The forum knows your timezone, so it's somewhere in your profile, and it can display the correct times when someone posts. So it apparently is able to convert times. This goes for CC too, since it displays the log in the correct timezone too.
Just make something (a tag or something like it) so the time shows up in every person's own timezone (which you can adjust through your own settings). Then there wouldn't be any problem, and no need to have a CC time and convert that.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:36 am

mattattam wrote:Why hasn't anyone from the suggestion team commented on this? What do you guys think? This should be implemented!

Doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with a suggestion. If it garners enough support, we'll sticky it and move it to submitted if all the flaws are worked out.

I'll say it again, i've stickied and submitted suggestions that I didn't support.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby mattattam on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:39 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
mattattam wrote:Why hasn't anyone from the suggestion team commented on this? What do you guys think? This should be implemented!

Doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with a suggestion. If it garners enough support, we'll sticky it and move it to submitted if all the flaws are worked out.

I'll say it again, i've stickied and submitted suggestions that I didn't support.

There has been a lot of support for this. So can we sticky it or do a poll on implementing this suggestion?
Major mattattam

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 am

I (Or another sugg mod) will sticky it when we feel the time is right.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions