Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: "Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby jackal31 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 pm

actually....if you went premium it would allow three things to happen:

1) You dont have to wait 3 days for the game to end by deadbeating.

2) You can play speed games that last a shorter period of time.

3) CC will gladly take your money.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm

1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

2) im not sure these would suit me. i'd probably join a game then either be AFK when it started or need to go AFK before it finished.

3) USD25 isn't much compared to other games like WoW, etc. Although I'd prefer to settle in a bit more before I start handing over card details.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:06 pm

vannus wrote:1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

1) Having 1 game already decided out of 30+ or so doesn't really bother you as much, considering you get to play unlimited amount of games.

Also, if you are unsure about giving CC your Credit Card information, this is from CC's private policy

Commitment to Data Security wrote:
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.

All sensitive payment information (credit card number, expiry date, validation code) is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then transmitted to our payment gateway provider. The payment gateway provider's database is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your sensitive payment information will not be stored on our servers.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jackal31 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
vannus wrote:1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

1) Having 1 game already decided out of 30+ or so doesn't really bother you as much, considering you get to play unlimited amount of games.

Exactly....when youre restricted to only 4 games as a freemie, then it can be frustrating. But going premium will allow you to create more games and not have to wait for a slot to open.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

jackal31 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Exactly....when youre restricted to only 4 games as a freemie, then it can be frustrating. But going premium will allow you to create more games and not have to wait for a slot to open.

i was thinking more along the lines of an active game that was taking 3days per turn. but yeah, just joining more games (as you guys have suggested) will give me my daily fix :)

although i could end up with several multiple day turn games to remember what im doing in :S do freestyle games move everybody on after 24hrs?

PS what the hell is that upside down walking blue thing in your profile pic forgiven?
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby firsal901 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm

No from me.
Encourages deadbeating, quiting games.
What about terminator games??
Cook firsal901

Postby vannus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 am

currently:- having to wait 24hours for each player who has dropped out
suggest:- they can click a surrender button so their turn gets skipped from then on
theres no difference to scores, spoils, etc - its just lets a player politely step away from the game.

as for the argument of quitting being unsportsman like (you haven't made this point, but i saw it in the BIG thread):
- when a footballer breaks a leg on the pitch, you don't wait for it to heal before resuming the match.
- when a car breaks down in motor racing, they don't wait for them to fix it before continuing.
in both cases they are out of the match and the rest carry on.
:- in snooker when a player has more points than is left on the table, the other player throws in the towel.

have it disabled for terminator games.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:29 am

vannus wrote:currently:- having to wait 24hours for each player who has dropped out
suggest:- they can click a surrender button so their turn gets skipped from then on
theres no difference to scores, spoils, etc - its just lets a player politely step away from the game.

as for the argument of quitting being unsportsman like (you haven't made this point, but i saw it in the BIG thread):
- when a footballer breaks a leg on the pitch, you don't wait for it to heal before resuming the match.
- when a car breaks down in motor racing, they don't wait for them to fix it before continuing.
in both cases they are out of the match and the rest carry on.
:- in snooker when a player has more points than is left on the table, the other player throws in the towel.

have it disabled for terminator games.

You have to think of ALL area's. What happens with the spoils? Are they taken off the map? If so, Freestyle games could VASTLY hurt by this. Someone goes for an important kill, and the guy about to be killed surrenders. Poof~ No more spoils, and that player wasted a ton of troops trying to get the kill. I'm telling you, this was removed for a reason. I would rather win the game by actually eliminating everyone on the field, instead of logging on to realize they all surrendered.

Also, people who deadbeat, usually aren't trying to get out of a game. They have either

A. Left the site and aren't coming back
or B. can't get onto the site anymore (could be away on vacation, might have lost internet).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby vannus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 am

I have thought of that, and I already said what would happen to spoils. in my suggestion (which others also made in the BIG thread and was rejected) the surrender button (or skip turns button they called it) makes no difference in scores or spoils vs those who just don't turn up - other than the other players don't have to wait 24hours per deadbeat.
You can't surely enjoy playing a game where all other players are skipping their turns?

It seems the suggestions are getting rejected just because a different implementation was open to abuse. kinda like the wright brothers never building a plane because the first few times they tried, they failed.

A: they could have the option to 'surrender all' games (already rejected by the devs)
B-vacation: tends not to happen unexpectedly, they could still 'surrender all'
B-lost internet: this *could* become the only reason for deadbeats.

like I said in previous post, I'll just have to (buy premium to) join more games to workaround the deadbeats. (or join another site, but a quick n lazy google search didn't find anywhere as promising as CC).
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 am

vannus wrote:I have thought of that, and I already said what would happen to spoils. in my suggestion (which others also made in the BIG thread and was rejected) the surrender button (or skip turns button they called it) makes no difference in scores or spoils vs those who just don't turn up - other than the other players don't have to wait 24hours per deadbeat.
You can't surely enjoy playing a game where all other players are skipping their turns?

It seems the suggestions are getting rejected just because a different implementation was open to abuse. kinda like the wright brothers never building a plane because the first few times they tried, they failed.

A: they could have the option to 'surrender all' games (already rejected by the devs)
B-vacation: tends not to happen unexpectedly, they could still 'surrender all'
B-lost internet: this *could* become the only reason for deadbeats.

like I said in previous post, I'll just have to (buy premium to) join more games to workaround the deadbeats. (or join another site, but a quick n lazy google search didn't find anywhere as promising as CC).

there is nothing as good as CC &
buying premium solves the waiting problem as you join enough games to satisfy your daily fix
Sergeant greenoaks

Surrender button?

Postby sp00n on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Im sorry if this has already been suggested - to be honest i can't be arsed to scroll through the forums to check, despite the amount of time i've had in my last "speed" game waiting for players who have dropped to be kicked from the game.

Sometimes (often) games go on longer than you anticipated and you have no choice but to walk away mid game, other times people know they have lost and cant be bothered to play on to the end. Out of fairness to players left in the game who then have to wait a minimum of 15 minutes or up to 36 hours before normal gameplay resumes, wouldn't adding a surrender button that has the same (but more immediate) consequences as just missing your turns be beneficial?

Maybe in addition to the percentage of turns taken indicator you could include a "games surrendered" counter?

I honestly can't think of a reason why this shouldn't be included - at least as a game option...

Regards, Sp00n.
Last edited by sp00n on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant sp00n

Re: Surrender button?

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

This has been rejected again, and again, and again, and again due to previous abuse.
Please actually search the forums before you post a new suggestion next time, thanks.
Rejected.
Private blakebowling

suggestions for new CC features

Postby markus Oralius on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

1) How about a surrender button? It would be epecially useful when playing 1 on 1 on large maps

2) How about an option to set reinforcements to 5 or 7 per turn? Unlimitted reinforcements give the starting player too much of an advantage, and chained reinforcements slow the game down too much (especially 1 on 1's on large maps). I think it would add a whole new dynamic.

3) How about creating a reset button to re-arrange troop deployment prior to starting your turn? Or maybe creating a way to shuffle armies around the board until you chose to lock your selections in and start your turn. That would make troop deployment alot more user friendly.
Colonel markus Oralius

Re: suggestions for new CC features

Postby ender516 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

First of all, your first two suggestions are not something that a tool could do. Suggestions to change the way the site works belong in the Suggestions forum.

Next, the surrender button is probably the most suggested and most rejected suggestion at this site. There used to be one, and people abused it. It was removed and will not be back.

Your second idea is interesting, but a little unclear. Are you talking about limiting the number of troops that can be moved, or the number of movements you can make?

Many people feel that the starting player has too much of an advantage in any 1v1 game.

Your last suggestion could conceivably be handled by an addon which allowed you to mess around with your manual deployments without actually issuing the commands, and then sent the effective commands once you locked in your choices. Is there a script wizard up to the challenge?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Re: suggestions for new CC features

Postby markus Oralius on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 pm

I was thinking of limitting the number of reinforcement movements to make. In full disclosure, it's actually not my idea, I use to play on one of CC's competitor's website. CC is superior in almost every way, but I miss that option, it was alot of fun to play with before I switched clubs.
Colonel markus Oralius

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Kernal Sanders on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 pm

I do not want resign/forfeit as I am winning my board, but every time I try to collect spoils (either one of a kind or three of a kind )I am told "Illegal Group" I must be doing something wrong. Please advise.
Cook Kernal Sanders

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 am

Kernal Sanders wrote:I do not want resign/forfeit as I am winning my board, but every time I try to collect spoils (either one of a kind or three of a kind )I am told "Illegal Group" I must be doing something wrong. Please advise.

please read the instructions again. you can tick off only 3 spoils at a time, not 4 5 1 or 2.
you can only tick off a group of the same color or when every color is different. so all green, all blue, all red or 1 green 1 red and 1 blue.
does this help?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby jammyjames on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:You don't think that has been discussed?

Yes, and I am re-discussing it..
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Resign/Forfeit Option

Postby BJH437 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

Why isn't there an option to resign CC? It is somewhat obnoxious, to both all parties, when a game drags on and on when there has already been a clear winner established. Why not add a Resign/Forfeit option to address this? Especially when non-paying parties can only have up to four matches at a time.
Sergeant BJH437

Re: Resign/Forfeit Option

Postby jclayton1990 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

Agreed. This is a great idea. Let's have it!
Sergeant 1st Class jclayton1990

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 pm

This is posted many times, and I think they couldn't convince the mods for doing this, but personally I'm against it.

-It is way easier to boost this way
-I like to sweep the entire board
-Some douchebags may like the feature to join games and resign...

Maybe if you have some conditions, like
-The opponent owns at least **% of the map
-both players agree

Just my opinion :D
General Extreme Ways

Postby sherkaner on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Moved to suggestions..

And it has been suggested quite a few times before, but rejected mainly because it's too easy to abuse.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 am

When will people learn...?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

Marvaddin wrote:Note from Sully:

A surrender button has been suggested and rejected many times. In fact, this site used to have a surrender button but it was abused and hence the button was removed. This thread is a complilation of over 40 threads of people asking for Surrender Buttons or Resign Boxes or Forfeit Flags and the exasperated rejections of handfuls of moderators. It's not going to happen.

If you insist on wasting time by starting a unique thread, I insist you read through this one first to be certain your idea has not already been rejected.

Damn, and I just had this clever idea for a unique thread, something about a forfeit option.....
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions