Conquer Club

Thota vs BpB - the final chapter

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Thota vs BpB - the final chapter

Postby Robinette on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:06 pm

So what is the story with Thota vs the BulletProofBandits?

The thread has been locked for 2 weeks,
but the title has been updated a few times, currently listed as:
[CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [20-17 of 41]

So i assume there are 4 games to go.. and the Bandits would need all 4 to actually win.

Now i am very new to all this clan warfare stuff, this in fact was the 1st thread of it's kind i had ever followed.
I mentioned earlier that i found it all to be most fascinating.. and i was particularly intrigued by the personality of the 2 clans in that thread... i am soooo disappointed that it was locked and has remained locked for 2 weeks, possibly forever? or at least until the challenge itself is over?

Why would that be? Thota is sure to win. Wouldn't they be happy to post "in your face" in that thread?

Or is it that this is an embarrassingly close victory? my prior impression was that this would have been a rout... That Thota would have dominated and destroyed them...

so what gives? are the Bandits really THAT GOOD? or is Thota that weak without Blitz?
Or were my prior impressions all wrong? and for how long?
In the most basic sense, i had assumed Thota was THE dominate (and maybe even undefeated) clan,
while the Bandits were nothing more than a social clan...
Evidently, my prior assumptions were far from accurate.

So the Bandits are good enough to come that close to beating the best clan,
or is there a stronger clan than Thota?

in any case... I really enjoyed the difference between the two...

It was like the disciplined Roman Army meeting the wild warriors of Boudicca...
or the dignified British Army defending against the guerrilla warfare tactics of the American Colonists...
Brigadier Robinette

Re: Thota vs BpB - the final chapter

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:22 pm

llong story short...blitz is great...thota is a good clan...though arguably not the best anymore

and bpb have the best double team on this site
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jefjef on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:44 am

That thread was locked for unsportsmanlike baiting. It did go a bit over and it's probably best that it doesn't get opened.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Commander62890 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 am

Robinette wrote:Or is it that this is an embarrassingly close victory? my prior impression was that this would have been a rout... That Thota would have dominated and destroyed them...

so what gives? are the Bandits really THAT GOOD? or is Thota that weak without Blitz?
Or were my prior impressions all wrong? and for how long?
In the most basic sense, i had assumed Thota was THE dominate (and maybe even undefeated) clan,
Evidently, my prior assumptions were far from accurate.

So the Bandits are good enough to come that close to beating the best clan,
or is there a stronger clan than Thota?

First of all, many people would agree that any of the top 4-5 clans could beat each other on any given day. Most of the next 10 clans could probably win 1 out of every 3 series, or at least 1 out of every 4. The thing about THOTA is that even though a lot of us know it's mostly luck that decides series when the best play the best, THOTA was somehow able to do it many times. For me, the old untarnished record almost defied logic; if it's mostly luck, then how did THOTA win every time? After a while, one has to face the fact that he may be wrong and it may not be all luck at the top... anyway, that was all before Nemesis and KoRT. I don't know exactly what the final score will be in this one, but I doubt it will hurt as much as the Nemesis win or the KoRT loss did. THOTA isn't really the clear #1 any more - sure, one can make a case for it, but it isn't going to be clear-cut.

As for BPB, they like to say that they are still a social clan, but they have some very good players. That is not news for the clan world. Didn't BPB finish in second place or something in Season 2? They had to have been ranked in the top 10 after that. They performed poorly in Season 3, which is why they were ranked so low in CC2. I suspect they'll get a slight bump after a nice performance against THOTA.

In conclusion, I'd say the war improved BPB's image a bit; well, at least with regard to their gameplay. ;)
It may have lowered THOTA's a bit, but after the recent loss to KoRT, it was already low enough to make little difference. Either way, the final score will be insignificant enough to warrant far less attention (for THOTA) than did the Nemesis win or (especially) the KoRT loss. THOTA will move on; BPB has put up a damn good fight and should probably be ranked 2-3 slots higher than 16. That's pretty much all I can say about the actual gameplay. There will be far more legacies set by the THOTA-BPB thread than by the final score.

P.S. yes, Robin, THOTA was missing Blitz and I.
Additionally, Inc missed the first batch; he then came back for the second batch and went 4-0 with 1 game still active. :)
Those missing players may have been a factor in the outcome, but I wouldn't have mentioned that if you didn't bring it up.
It can sometimes come off as rude to tell your opponent you would have beat them even worse if you had your full team.

P.P.S. my last thought was that one could make the exact opposite argument that Robinette did; that THOTA did not play below expectations. But, in that case, one would have to have very low expectations. Mine were not that low... yet they were not nearly as high as Robinette's.
Last edited by Commander62890 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Major Commander62890

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 am

Well now that the war is basically over we can all be reasonably chummy again. That thread was pure theatre, I for one have no real animosity towards THOTA, or Blitz, or really anyone in the CC world. Should the thread have stayed open? Well from my point of view I had pretty much run out of material, so I was quite pleased to get a free pass to laziness.

How good are the BpB? We have some top players (and teams), but lack depth. Our top teams have to play too many games over even a reasonably long challenge and will always struggle in 40+ game series. The CLA should suit us...I don't know what happened in CLA 3 (I wasn't around), but I think we probably weren't at full-strength...and if we are all in-form for CLA 4 we could go on a run again. I would place us overall in the top 10. I think we have our fair share of top, top players (more than others outside of the top 5) but lack enough colonel-level players (like me) to challenge teams like Thota properly.

Well that's my view anyway...not the official bandit line to take I am sure.

Remember that bandits aren't chosen primarily for their playing-ability, though we have been going more in this direction of late. We like writers, thinkers and humourists. I think we do very well considering that we are the kind of clan that sees the inclusion of Robinette as far more important than finding more players for competitive purposes.

As a whole I think we are continuously torn between being the quite unique clan that we are (and really...there is nothing else like us) and actually trying to challenge to become a top 5 competitive clan. But to do so would almost certainly lead to us becoming 'just another clan' (if a more successful one) and therefore the general consensus is, at least for now, to leave well alone.

Finally, the bpb has always been perfect home for me....and not just in a posting-sense. In a gaming-sense as well I'm much happier being a reasonably crucial part of the bandits line-up, than a bit-part player for an LOW or THOTA.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Great-Ollie on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 am

Well i know that the war thread between Thota and BPB was crazy! As for the game play, i was i little disappointed in THOTA for sure. I think they may be slipping a little with all the drama that they have encountered this last year. It would be hard to stay on top, and my hat is off to all THOTA players. In my opinion i think the clans are getting stronger in general, so don't be surprised to see a new number 1 soon. I too was dismissed from a top level clan early in my CC life. I am glad I was now that i have the best group of guys in my clan. We have a lot of fun, enjoy kicking ass, and compete at the highest level. Our goal is one day to be considered by THOTA for a challenge. So the recent close battles and losses by THOTA make this a more realistic option one day i hope. BPB have some great guys but i do not think they belong in the same context as THOTA, just my opinion.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am

Great-Ollie wrote:Well i know that the war thread between Thota and BPB was crazy! As for the game play, i was i little disappointed in THOTA for sure. I think they may be slipping a little with all the drama that they have encountered this last year. It would be hard to stay on top, and my hat is off to all THOTA players. In my opinion i think the clans are getting stronger in general, so don't be surprised to see a new number 1 soon. I too was dismissed from a top level clan early in my CC life. I am glad I was now that i have the best group of guys in my clan. We have a lot of fun, enjoy kicking ass, and compete at the highest level. Our goal is one day to be considered by THOTA for a challenge. So the recent close battles and losses by THOTA make this a more realistic option one day i hope. BPB have some great guys but i do not think they belong in the same context as THOTA, just my opinion.

While I would happily admit Thota are stronger than the BpB, this competition has shown that if we get our collective arses together we are perfectly capable of beating them over a 41 game challenge. However, and i would say quite wonderfully, the BpB arses aren't always in gear.

To say we don't belong in the same 'context' is simply innaccurate. To use a footie analogy if I may, Thota are a top 4 champions league side, the bandits are something of a challenging for the top 10 (maybe a cup run) kind of team. We aren't at their level...but we aren't exactly a million miles away either. A couple of 'big signings' and we could really challenge them..we aren't that far off...and I doubt any members of Thota would say the bandits aren't a strong clan.

Finally, any clan that has fruitcake, mojo, the spaniards (+ assorted others) is always going to be dangerous. We have very strong dubs, trips and quads teams and are plently strong enough to challenge for the CLA in a serious way again. Our lack of depth is to some extend exposed by larger challenges (though we still did rather well in this cup), but the bandits are perfectly capable of winning the CLA (as are a number of other clans of course).

Don't suppose that just because we are a bunch of mad writers that we somehow can't play a bit too. We can do both...and this has been proven, not just in this cup, but also in CLA 2.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 am

Robinette wrote:Thota is sure to win. Wouldn't they be happy to post "in your face" in that thread?

I mean no offense, but "in your face posts" from a 1st seed clan to a 16th seed clan would appear a bit sad. If the BpB were a top 5 clan, I could see that happening, but beating anything less and the 1st seed clan needs to act like it's just business as usual to keep up appearances.

Robinette wrote:Or is it that this is an embarrassingly close victory? my prior impression was that this would have been a rout... That Thota would have dominated and destroyed them...

Nah. People remember who won and the war threads themselves, but the margin of victory or defeat, unless extraordinary, is pretty much forgotten in a month. That thread will probably never be forgotten, though.

Robinette wrote:so what gives? are the Bandits really THAT GOOD? or is Thota that weak without Blitz?

This is a contradiction that is kinda hard to reconcile. The BpB are good. I played against them in CL2 and have played several games against the BpB quads teams in tourneys and random pub games, and they have always been very tough, very enjoyable battles. Despite your clan's presence in the forums, I consider the BpB a competitive clan, and I think that everybody else does as well. Saying that the BpB are a social clan seems like it would set the bar low, but nobody believes that the bar is that low in the first place, so it's a false expectation. I don't think the fact that you were able to put up a respectable showing against Thota comes as a surprise to anybody.
General Master Fenrir

Postby General Mojo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:31 pm

A lot of it also has to do with what other things some of the BpP members have on their plates while a particular challenge is ongoing. For example, I have spent the last six weeks largely in a drunken stupor, so I certainly haven't been much of an asset recently (except on the forums obviously).

I think Mr. C speaks the truth in that we don't lack in the talent category but rather in the depth department. Plus, lets face it...we simply don't care as much as certain other folks around here about random imaginary internet wars.

I wonder how long before they lock this thread, btw...
Brigadier General Mojo

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Personally I cannot imagine what has been going on, what with being away. I did wonder why the challenge thread was locked completely.

Then received this just before I left so I think I kind of get the picture now.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie ... 6ef11.html

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 am

I for one, was very disappointed when that thread was locked, as it was one of the best threads Conquer Club has ever seen. Sad to see the mods doing their usual and just leaving it locked, with false promises of unlocking it when the issues had been resolved. It would take a day or two to resolve all the issues if the mods got their collective finger out, but somehow it remains locked.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby keyborn on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 am

If things don't change drastically, its looking like THOTA will win the last four games of this challenge. That will make the final score 24-17 THOTA.

EDIT: I want to be the first to congratulate BPB on a great challenge. Your clan played well and made every game very tough. =D>
Brigadier keyborn

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 am

A 24-17 scoreline may be flattering to the bandits. Oftentimes a number 1 seed will not be 100% focused on a game against a 16 seed.
Bandits are probably happy to have won the flame wars this time round.
Having said that there are some very good players in the bandits. I'm not sure how much effort they put into all the boring stuff that goes into being a "top clan" like choosing the best games & teams, making sure not to miss turns... You've got to at least make an attempt at all that stuff if you want to beat a THOTA or a KORT. o
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:22 pm

General Mojo wrote:A lot of it also has to do with what other things some of the BpP members have on their plates while a particular challenge is ongoing. Plus, lets face it...we simply don't care as much as certain other folks around here about random imaginary internet wars.

It is certainly true that most of us are married, have kids, jobs, busy lives..etc etc.

laughingcavalier wrote:A 24-17 scoreline may be flattering to the bandits. Oftentimes a number 1 seed will not be 100% focused on a game against a 16 seed.

I would just point out that few match-ups will excite the CC community more than the bandits vs. thota. It is fine to claim we aren't all that strong, organised etc etc, but you might want to consider that we manage to maintain a strong presence and reputation without having to bother ourselves with actually playing all that many games. There is a reason for that, you know? It is because the clan is full of some very bright people indeed.

Also, that 16th seed is basically a slap for our refusal to play one-off clan challenges. The idea that we are actually the 16th strongest clan (in terms of actual ability) is ludicrous. The BpB made the finals of CLA 2...that wasn't a fluke.

I would happily admit that in terms of ability we are outside the top 5. No issue with that. Your clan, for instance, is stronger. But we are comfortably a top 10 clan with regards to talent. I suppose one can make the claim that all talent and no results = all mouth and no trousers. But I point you to CLA 2. We are quite capable of doing well in CLA 4 as well.

One of the issues is depth. I can't understand why challenges need to be over so many games. 61? 81? We have lives...as a clan we can't handle that many games. But it is bloody ridiculous to base a clan's strength on how many games they can fill. One needs to look at the win percentages of the individual players.

I'll give you an example:

Imaginary Clan A has 40 members (active) average ability around lieutenant.

Imaginary Clan B has 15 members (active) average ability around decent-major.

Clan A challenges Clan B to a 101 game challenge.

I'd put my money on Clan A. But wouldn't mean they are the stronger clan. Over a 41 game challenge Clan B would whip them.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby squishyg on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Bandits do not do well at things that reek of effort.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Leehar on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:46 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:A 24-17 scoreline may be flattering to the bandits. Oftentimes a number 1 seed will not be 100% focused on a game against a 16 seed.

Also, that 16th seed is basically a slap for our refusal to play one-off clan challenges. The idea that we are actually the 16th strongest clan (in terms of actual ability) is ludicrous. The BpB made the finals of CLA 2...that wasn't a fluke.

I would happily admit that in terms of ability we are outside the top 5. No issue with that. Your clan, for instance, is stronger. But we are comfortably a top 10 clan with regards to talent. I suppose one can make the claim that all talent and no results = all mouth and no trousers. But I point you to CLA 2. We are quite capable of doing well in CLA 4 as well.

Firstly, there really isn't anything called CLA 2, so It'd be appreciated if you'd actually get your terminology correct... (The CLA is a usergroup, you're referring to the Clan League)

And the clan situation changes so quickly that you really can't be harking back to something that happened almost 2 years ago, if that's really all you can keep claiming then you do have a ways to go..
Sure you may have some people that you can keep on keep pinning your hopes on, and FC, GM and md/sr are undeniably good players, but most of the top 10/15 clans have just as many players who are as good or better. The clan scene has evolved to an extent that that really isn't enough. You mentioned the depth factor, and it's interesting to see the specialization you have that you can throw all dubs, trips and quads to set teams and leaders, but thats also a failing in that you give others such little play-time. You probably have around 30 members yet only 16 played and then there's still a disparity between your set teams and those on the fringes upwards of 6/7 games?
As I said, clans nowadays are a lot more than those features you believe you're strong in, so a comfortable top 10 for you is by no means assured, specially considering the fierce jockeying for places we already have thereabouts...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:02 am

Leehar wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

Firstly, there really isn't anything called CLA 2, so It'd be appreciated if you'd actually get your terminology correct... (The CLA is a usergroup, you're referring to the Clan League)

And the clan situation changes so quickly that you really can't be harking back to something that happened almost 2 years ago, if that's really all you can keep claiming then you do have a ways to go..
Sure you may have some people that you can keep on keep pinning your hopes on, and FC, GM and md/sr are undeniably good players, but most of the top 10/15 clans have just as many players who are as good or better. The clan scene has evolved to an extent that that really isn't enough. You mentioned the depth factor, and it's interesting to see the specialization you have that you can throw all dubs, trips and quads to set teams and leaders, but thats also a failing in that you give others such little play-time. You probably have around 30 members yet only 16 played and then there's still a disparity between your set teams and those on the fringes upwards of 6/7 games?
As I said, clans nowadays are a lot more than those features you believe you're strong in, so a comfortable top 10 for you is by no means assured, specially considering the fierce jockeying for places we already have thereabouts...

I'm not sure why you are debating depth with me. It was me who brought this up in this very thread...I do indeed see it as an obvious problem, it is without question a weakness. I too agree that we have far too few teams to call upon...but you know the bandits weren't chosen on the basis of making a strong team for competitions. Robinette and I are standard players for example...(though I admit I dabble in teams), neither of us would ever be expected to make a huge contribution to a challenge. I began to play teams so I could have fun with this part of the game..I enjoy leading the odd game, playing with Fc...it is a nice little berth. But I am a standard player at heart. This is an example of the bandit ethos...and why as a clan it has huge value.

So I agree with every point you made regarding set teams, fringe players etc etc. I doubt any bandit would disagree with you.

But we also know that the bandits are about far more than the results we achieve in these competitions. We enjoy playing in them, we do our level-best...but I doubt any of us really care if we are seen as a top 10 clan.

However, It is my belief that we actually are. I called us...

the bandits are something of a challenging for the top 10 (maybe a cup run) kind of team.

Is that a hopelessly optimistic viewpoint? I think history has proven this statement to be true.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Leehar on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Sorry,let me rephrase that

Basically you have more members than thota, but yet you try and claim you suffer from depth issues when playing them, you say you're not into playing competitively yet your specialized teams tend to be made on a competitive basis. You're a social clan but you don't seem to play socially. You believe history has proven you to be successful with CL2, yet more recent history in CL3 has proven that false.

Idk, those are just some things that I believe are pretty incongruous, that alongside the being comfortably in a top 10 as a purely social clan in an already fiercely competitive ladder just wrings too hollow for me
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Leehar wrote:Sorry,let me rephrase that

Basically you have more members than thota, but yet you try and claim you suffer from depth issues when playing them, you say you're not into playing competitively yet your specialized teams tend to be made on a competitive basis. You're a social clan but you don't seem to play socially. You believe history has proven you to be successful with CL2, yet more recent history in CL3 has proven that false.

Idk, those are just some things that I believe are pretty incongruous, that alongside the being comfortably in a top 10 as a purely social clan in an already fiercely competitive ladder just wrings too hollow for me

we have 21 active members of the 31 that are listed as being in our clan. of those 21, 19 were in games at the start of the challenge being spoken about. of those 19, 16 took place in the challenge. so, you actually have no idea what you are talking about. and i assume you made your false assumptions based on our membership scrolls, etc... so no hard feelings on your glaring errors/assumptions about bandit membership. fact remains, no other clan on CC comes close to what it is that we do. the head scratching part of that is, none of you can even figure it out...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

owenshooter wrote:

we have 21 active members of the 31 that are listed as being in our clan. of those 21, 19 were in games at the start of the challenge being spoken about. of those 19, 16 took place in the challenge. so, you actually have no idea what you are talking about. and i assume you made your false assumptions based on our membership scrolls, etc... so no hard feelings on your glaring errors/assumptions about bandit membership. fact remains, no other clan on CC comes close to what it is that we do. the head scratching part of that is, none of you can even figure it out...-el Jesus negro

By making broad general derogatory statements about our clan, I hope you give yourself a forum ban. That is the precedent that has been set by CC mods.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby nikola_milicki on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
General Mojo wrote:A lot of it also has to do with what other things some of the BpP members have on their plates while a particular challenge is ongoing. Plus, lets face it...we simply don't care as much as certain other folks around here about random imaginary internet wars.

It is certainly true that most of us are married, have kids, jobs, busy lives..etc etc.

I would just point out that few match-ups will excite the CC community more than the bandits vs. thota. It is fine to claim we aren't all that strong, organised etc etc, but you might want to consider that we manage to maintain a strong presence and reputation without having to bother ourselves with actually playing all that many games. There is a reason for that, you know? It is because the clan is full of some very bright people indeed.

One of the issues is depth. I can't understand why challenges need to be over so many games. 61? 81? We have lives...as a clan we can't handle that many games. But it is bloody ridiculous to base a clan's strength on how many games they can fill. One needs to look at the win percentages of the individual players.

I'll give you an example:

Imaginary Clan A has 40 members (active) average ability around lieutenant.

Imaginary Clan B has 15 members (active) average ability around decent-major.

Clan A challenges Clan B to a 101 game challenge.

I'd put my money on Clan A. But wouldn't mean they are the stronger clan. Over a 41 game challenge Clan B would whip them.

think u got it all wrong.. just take nemesis vs thota, u think it wouldve been that close if we played 100 games? hell no, they got lucky, thats all, I dont have a problem saying it publicly cuz thats the fact.. sure they are a good clan with good players but they got lucky and it doesnt take that many games in a 40 games challenge, just 2 or 3 make a big difference when u need 21 to win.. u can be smart all u want but when theres dice and drop that u dont control, u need more games to give ur quality time to compensate for the bad luck..
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 pm

You believe history has proven you to be successful with CL2, yet more recent history in CL3 has proven that false.

Excuse me?

It is the same group of players. You simply can't state that because they did badlly in the third (though you know I wasn't there...big factor ;) ), that CL2 doesn't mean anything. That's ridiculous. History proves that the BpB are capable of doing very well. We are still capable.

Basically you have more members than thota, but yet you try and claim you suffer from depth issues when playing them, you say you're not into playing competitively yet your specialized teams tend to be made on a competitive basis. You're a social clan but you don't seem to play socially.

This part makes more sense. We have more members than Thota, but less of our members are competitive players. As owen pointed out, only 21 of our members are active...I just counted 18 members able to properly contribute in some way.

Of those...most are genuinely good players. But I would say that in terms of sequential teams ability we are averaging around major, while thota are averaging around strong colonel. That's the depth issue. As has been admitted, once we go beyond our set teams we are very, very light...

We are a social clan....but we have some players who take the game very seriously indeed.

As our glorious leader just pointed out...

fact remains, no other clan on CC comes close to what it is that we do. the head scratching part of that is, none of you can even figure it out...-el Jesus negro

But maybe those players, even our serious ones, aren't all that bothered by these competitions.

Yet we are still...

..... something of a challenging for the top 10 (maybe a cup run) kind of team.

...and I think that's what's got your balls all twisted. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

Finally (and I checked this with Fc..who is of course never wrong)...we are an old clan. Our average age is well over 30..at 29 I'm one of the younger members. We are composed of artists, teachers, lawyers, businessmen, professionals...most of us have got half an eye on CC and considerably less than that on clan competitions. We don't play one-off challenges because we couldn't care less.

Yet we are....

.... something of a challenging for the top 10 (maybe a cup run) kind of team.

...even so.

You state that...

Idk, those are just some things that I believe are pretty incongruous

You betcha!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby squishyg on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 pm

A typical bandit day:

7 am Alarm sounds, turn it off. 30 more minutes will help hangover.
7:30 am Bandit child(ren) demand attention
8 am Make oneself suitably sexy
8:30 am Read owen's PMs, FB messages, and e-mails on a high tech mobile device that does not support snapshots (sorry fog of war pussies)
9 am-5 pm Spend day being smart, sexy, and smug.
6 pm Bandit children want more attention, just like their bandit mummies and daddies.
8 pm Log in to CC. Take turns. Roll eyes at lesser beings.
8:10 pm Amazing sex with our attractive RL partners, whiskey.
10 pm A little television or some light Dostoyevsky.
11 pm Fall asleep in beds we paid for in houses we own with extremely well negotiated mortgages. Dream of ourselves and peace for all mankind.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 am

Leehar wrote:Firstly, there really isn't anything called CLA 2, so It'd be appreciated if you'd actually get your terminology correct...

I cannot believe you actually wrote this and expect to be taken seriously.....

You really do need to get out more

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:04 am

squishyg wrote:A typical bandit day:
8 pm Log in to CC. Take turns. Roll eyes at lesser beings.
8:10 pm Amazing sex with our attractive RL partners, whiskey.

10 minutes. TEN FRESKING MINUTES?
I have not taken this short a time since i became premium!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion