Conquer Club

World Cities: Istanbul City

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

World Cities: Istanbul City

Postby ISN2 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Map Name: Istanbul City

Click image to enlarge.

Game Play:
Every player starts classically, with territories of 3 armies divided between players and all the game play is normal. The only thing that this map has are those highways. If a territory's army circle is on any of those highways, then it's a highway territory and it is connected to any adjacent territory on highways too.
Major ISN2

Re: World Cities: Istanbul City

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:25 am

Esenler should be +1
Gaziomanplasa +2 or +3, your choice
Beyoglu +2
Basiktas +2
Guzetep +4
Umraniye +1
Kadikoy +6

Make the changes to the bonus please and this one will be good to go.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby iancanton on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 am

merging the two smallest bonuses into their neighbours will also be very helpful, to prevent players from starting with them.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 am

Yeah, but then you'd have all those big and tedious bonuses... I rather like the smaller bonuses and the fact that there's one on each opposite side of the map.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby MrBenn on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 pm

From my wall:
also, when you are working on your Istanbul map, I suggest looking at a more contemporary map. Some locations you have are incorrect and some of the names of districts used are not really accurate. For example, Kadikoy is not in the correct location and you are missing two essential districts of Istanbul, Taksim and Beyoglu. Let me know if I can help at all! Nice concept.

by istanbul39
on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Hope you'll forgive me butting in. I feel kinda guilty telling mapmakers what to do when I haven't made a map myself, but if you're willing to hear me out this might be an idea...

I've always thought CC should have a map of Istanbul, but it should take into account the incredible history of this city. I mean, this is not some 20th century shopping-mall shithole that can be described by chopping it up into districts. This is one of the most marvellous cities ever, a city that's been there for at least 2,700 years and for 1,000 of those years was the centre of the civilized world!

A map that would do it justice would include a lot of the magnificent architectural marvels: stuff like the Rumelian Castle, the Hagia Sophia, Leander's Tower, old Galata, the Walled Obelisk, and on and on and on. Oh God the list just builds itself! Anyway, each architectural marvel could be put on the map, and there would be an accumulation bonus for collecting them, say +1 for every two architectural marvels.

The marvels would be independent of the geographical districts, but could only be accessed through them. So, you would still have to capture the modern district of Kemal Pasa to access most of the old city wonders, and Kuloglu district to access the Galatian ones. Admittedly this would be somewhat unbalancing, and lead to really big battles for control of the centre. That might be okay, actually, but if you wanted to balance it you could pad the list with some of the less important forts and mosques in the outer neighbourhoods.

Anyway, just my humble opinion....
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas