Conquer Club

Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should Tournament dropdown default show only active Tournaments with an option to show all Tourny ?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 53

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Love this idea. And should be put in now to fix what was recently broken. I'd take the old way back before what they did recently.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 29, 2011 8:08 pm

This is more than just an important proposal. As a tournament player and organiser, I would say this is the single most important proposal currently in the queue.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Qwert on Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 am

blakebowling
lack is not saying that either suggestion is better or worse. He is saying that the one that was implemented was more simple to code. Yours would take more time to implement.

Well then i dont see point of these implementation? Lack need to implement something what will be improvment, not what will be easy to implement.
Now we have implementation,who are not improvment.
Every implementation who are easy to code, and not give you improvment, its only waste of time.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 30, 2011 5:41 am

but it already is an improvement on the siteload. so yes = improvement
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 am

SirSebstar wrote:but it already is an improvement on the siteload. so yes = improvement

Improvement on siteload but pain for TO's.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:but it already is an improvement on the siteload. so yes = improvement

marginally...
Once you have supplied the info, and you have auto complete on, all you have to do is doubleclick the box and select your previously given tournament, and its done... its that simple. so they have to do one more handling, and thats it.
Major SirSebstar

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:10 am

SirSebstar wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

marginally...
Once you have supplied the info, and you have auto complete on, all you have to do is doubleclick the box and select your previously given tournament, and its done... its that simple. so they have to do one more handling, and thats it.

Can you show me a way to turn auto complete on just for this site? I don't want it on for every single site.

How many other sites require you to change the settings of your browser after they put an "improvement" in their site?
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

marginally...

Can you show me a way to turn auto complete on just for this site? I don't want it on for every single site.

How many other sites require you to change the settings of your browser after they put an "improvement" in their site?

to set it on http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?p ... tocomplete
I assume you could build an extention that could turn only cc on, but i am not sure.. i am not a programmer.
and with regards to your last comment: google,hotmail, facebook, i think i can go on for a while, but yea those at the least..
Major SirSebstar

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:48 am

SirSebstar wrote:to set it on http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?p ... tocomplete
I assume you could build an extention that could turn only cc on, but i am not sure.. i am not a programmer.
and with regards to your last comment: google,hotmail, facebook, i think i can go on for a while, but yea those at the least..

i don't want auto-complete for just this site. if i could set it for just that field on that one page, then sure.

at least until my tournaments start having similar names. what's that, they do already. then auto-complete already sucks.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm

SirSebstar wrote:[quote="patrickaa317"

to set it on http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?p ... tocomplete
and with regards to your last comment: google,hotmail, facebook, i think i can go on for a while, but yea those at the least..[/quote]

Really? You change your browser settings for google, hotmail, & facebook when they make an update? I've never once changed my browser settings after initial download and setup; those sites have always worked fine for me.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm

its so interesting, how lack want to force these complicated and long implementation of these game finder for tournament. These is same when you want to ride bicycle withouth tires.
Instead to be fast, now you have more and more clickies to get result.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:03 am

I think this suggestion has been essentially been addressed with a slightly more specific feature that has garnered positive feedback. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

maybe,still people who are not TO,need to find tournament or clan games,and these is still comlicated for many regular players.
Still belive that these can be implemented,so that all players can find ,very easy what they search.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 pm

qwert wrote:Still belive that these can be implemented,so that all players can find ,very easy what they search.

Qwert, lack made it very clear that your idea could/would NOT be implemented. There's no reason to keep saying what you believe or not because it's not going to happen.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:
qwert wrote:Still belive that these can be implemented,so that all players can find ,very easy what they search.

Qwert, lack made it very clear that your idea could/would NOT be implemented. There's no reason to keep saying what you believe or not because it's not going to happen.

should this be moved to rejected then ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 pm

It is in rejected :P
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:07 pm

well what left to say ,with all these comunity support,mine last word to lack and hes company its ** ** **** *** ******* *****.
Thanks,i hope that i will continue to give you waluable sugestions,and that you will like now reject all mine sugestions.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:02 pm

qwert wrote:well what left to say ,with all these comunity support,mine last word to lack and hes company its ** ** **** *** ******* *****.
Thanks,i hope that i will continue to give you waluable sugestions,and that you will like now reject all mine sugestions.

Why do you always take everything personally? You make it seem like every person on this site that says or does anything against what you have to say is out to get you. That's preposterous. You MUST understand that suggestions are not only implemented based on community support, but also time needed to implement, load on the servers, ease of use, and finally what some members of the community wish to gripe about. You MUST understand that most suggestions WILL NOT be implemented, simply due to the sheer amount of time required to implement each one. And if the amount of time implementing suggestions takes wasn't enough to reduce the amount of things implemented, lack has people bitching every single time he changes anything on the website. Those of you who play on this site for free, should be grateful lack allows you to do so. Those of you who pay, should at the very least respect lack for what he has created. Because as much as anyone else contributed to the rise of the CC community, none of us would be here without lack's initiative.

So next time, when you see something upgraded to the site, even if it wasn't what you wanted to see happen, remember who created CC, and maybe say "thank you" instead of "wah wah this is horrible do it my way wah wah".
Private blakebowling

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions