Conquer Club

Why do touneys that start stay in create/join

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why do touneys that start stay in create/join

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:25 am

I continue to see tourneys in the create/join section after they have been given privileges.

Usually it is not too long but sometimes you can see them there for a week or more.

Why not let them just be in ongoing once they have been given privileges? I think it would make it easier when searching the create/join forum.

Just a question/suggestion
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Re: Why do touneys that start stay in create/join

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 am

that is not something i've noticed.

my last tournament i was given privs but when doing the draw found i'd accepted someone twice. i put in the header i needed one more but got no response after several days. i figured it was because my tourney thread was now in Ongoing.

i have noticed a delay in tournament threads getting listed in the tournament tab. i have one just listed that took about 40 hours and another, an early one, that is still not listed.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby sonicsteve on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I continue to see tourneys in the create/join section after they have been given privileges.

Usually it is not too long but sometimes you can see them there for a week or more.

When we move a tourney topic from create/join to ongoing we always leave a shadow topic behind showing that the event has filled and been moved.

The normal length of time we give this is 30 hours, then it should automatically disappear. If they are there for a week or more, then it means we messed up the length of time to leave the shadow, and we'll tidy that up when we notice it. (hands up 'cos I did this on one)

I think it's quite useful, especially for new TOs, not to have their thread just disappear from create/join. I had one new TO recently who couldn't find his tourney thread in ongoing and I had to help him.

greenoaks wrote:that is not something i've noticed.

my last tournament i was given privs but when doing the draw found i'd accepted someone twice. i put in the header i needed one more but got no response after several days. i figured it was because my tourney thread was now in Ongoing.

i have noticed a delay in tournament threads getting listed in the tournament tab. i have one just listed that took about 40 hours and another, an early one, that is still not listed.

Once your tourney is in ongoing, you need to use the play now tourneys thread to find replacements.

Listing tournaments in the tournament tab is a manual process, so it depends on one of us hardworking TDs going through the create/join list and adding them to the database.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 am

I think it's quite useful, especially for new TOs, not to have their thread just disappear from create/join. I had one new TO recently who couldn't find his tourney thread in ongoing and I had to help him.

All they had to do is make some games and they could use the link. It is no big deal really as they usually shadow shuffle over to page two pretty quick--but I think they really don't need to be shadowed any more --just my little opinion and like I said no big deal.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby barterer2002 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 pm

I still use the shadow sometimes.
Sergeant barterer2002

Return to Tournament Archives