Conquer Club

[GO] Partly Cloudy and Overcast ("Semi-Fog")

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GO] Partly Cloudy and Overcast ("Semi-Fog")

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 am

Concise description:
  • A game mode which serves as an inbetween between Foggy and Sunny games

Specifics/Details:
  • Players will be able to see troop numbers on all opposing territories and neutrals as well, but they will be shown colorless
  • Teammates territories will be in color
  • I don't know whether or not I'd like adjacent territories to be shown in color, but I guess the logical thing to do (since the current Foggy setting does it) is to display them in color as well
  • When conquering a territory, the game log will reveal who it was conquered from

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will make for some interesting games, especially in assassin mode
  • It could make for a good introduction for new players to the fully fogged mode
Last edited by GreecePwns on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Re: Semi-Fog

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Question, how would things show up in the Log? Like, will it tell you who deployed where?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 pm

what about if i conquer a territory of tfo? I'll know, so i can generally figure out where he is
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:what about if i conquer a territory of tfo? I'll know, so i can generally figure out where he is

Good stuff.
In every single move I make, I try to figure out which region I just attacked as well.
Major karelpietertje

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:06 pm

For deployment, I would think it would say "Player deployed X troops on ?"

For conquering a territory, if the adjacent ones are also colorless, it could say "conquered ? from ?"

If the adjacent ones are not color less, it could say "conquered [territoriy] from [player]" for the person that actually conquered it and "conquered ? from ?" for everyone else.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby sniffie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:12 am

I doubt that this suggestion is really going to happen. But... not showing in the log how many troops are deployed on a territ could make a fog game nicer.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:59 am

der sniffter wrote:I doubt that this suggestion is really going to happen. But... not showing in the log how many troops are deployed on a territ could make a fog game nicer.

sniff

Could you imagine if bonuses weren't shown either?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby degaston on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 am

As an alternative semi-fog, how about a mode where all the territories that would be a ? in fog, show just the color of who holds it.

Or, a beyond foggy "pea-soup" mode where you can see the color of your neighbors, but not the troop strength.

Just throwing out some ideas.
Brigadier degaston

Postby OliverFA on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Shouldn't make more sense to see the colour but not the number? Think about real life. In a war, you know a certain province is controlled by a particular faction, but don't know how many troops they have there.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby RedRover23B on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:34 pm

OliverFA wrote:Shouldn't make more sense to see the colour but not the number? Think about real life. In a war, you know a certain province is controlled by a particular faction, but don't know how many troops they have there.

What about a combination of these ideas. Adjacent territories is fully visible, territories touching those are colored and any other territories are colorless and ?

but i do like the idea that i quoted.
Ongoing:
Corporal RedRover23B

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 am

RedRover23B wrote:
OliverFA wrote:Shouldn't make more sense to see the colour but not the number? Think about real life. In a war, you know a certain province is controlled by a particular faction, but don't know how many troops they have there.

What about a combination of these ideas. Adjacent territories is fully visible, territories touching those are colored and any other territories are colorless and ?

Oliver's suggestion is what I would like to see. Rover's 2 territories out thing would be cool as well. Question, though. What about bombardment territories? would you be able to see the territory attacked by a territory you could bombard? Just curious. ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby RedRover23B on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
Oliver's suggestion is what I would like to see. Rover's 2 territories out thing would be cool as well. Question, though. What about bombardment territories? would you be able to see the territory attacked by a territory you could bombard? Just curious. ;)

I would think bombardments would be colored and ?- cause you never really know what youre bombarding youre just shooting shells and hoping for the best. And as for the game log, i dont think it should show up.
Ongoing:
Corporal RedRover23B

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am

RedRover23B wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:

I would think bombardments would be colored and ?- cause you never really know what youre bombarding youre just shooting shells and hoping for the best. And as for the game log, i dont think it should show up.

We're talking about a game, not real life. ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby RedRover23B on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
RedRover23B wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:

Yeah, but its cool to use concepts for real life in a game, make things a little realistic. Just ideas being thrown around of how we could do this or make it better.
Ongoing:
Corporal RedRover23B

Postby OliverFA on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

RedRover23B wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:
RedRover23B wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:

Yeah, but its cool to use concepts for real life in a game, make things a little realistic. Just ideas being thrown around of how we could do this or make it better.

In my opinion, and that's just my opinion, wargames are much better and a lot more enjoyable when they simulate the real life. After all, if you are not simulating real life, why give your game real life names?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
RedRover23B wrote:

I think that the two territories layer is an even better idea ;) So it would be:
- Territories adjacent to owned ones are fully visible.
- Territories at distance 2 from owned territories show the "?" with the owner colour.
- Territories at distance 3 or higher show the "?" in white.

I think that bombardment adjacencies should give you full visibility. Otherwise very few people would bother at bombarding a territory they don't know how many armies are there.

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby sniffie on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:47 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
der sniffter wrote:I doubt that this suggestion is really going to happen. But... not showing in the log how many troops are deployed on a territ could make a fog game nicer.

sniff

Could you imagine if bonuses weren't shown either?

Lol, that would not be Semi-Fog, that would be total FOG. BOB would still tell the bonuses won't he?

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:55 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:
RedRover23B wrote:

I think that the two territories layer is an even better idea ;) So it would be:
- Territories adjacent to owned ones are fully visible.
- Territories at distance 2 from owned territories show the "?" with the owner colour.
- Territories at distance 3 or higher show the "?" in white.

I think that bombardment adjacencies should give you full visibility. Otherwise very few people would bother at bombarding a territory they don't know how many armies are there.
I think this idea should be the regular fog, and semi-fog be this to a smaller effect.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby OliverFA on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:04 pm

There is no way current fog will be changed. A Semi-fog setting could be added. But changing the current one... that will simply not happen.

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:22 pm

OliverFA wrote:There is no way current fog will be changed. A Semi-fog setting could be added. But changing the current one... that will simply not happen.

Ya, it's a setting that to many people are to fond of in it's current setting. Including yours truly ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Maybe we can have a Partly Cloudy and an Overcast :P

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Maybe we can have a Partly Cloudy and an Overcast :P

Names of settings decided upon, please move to submitted now ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Return to Archived Suggestions