Conquer Club

[Foe] Inability to Join Foe Games If Foe Created the Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Change Foe Mechanics

Postby Renee_W on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Dibbun wrote:If you have a foe in the same game as you, you already can't see their chat

This is the most annoying part of "foe" to me not the primary benefit. It's seriously annoying that I can't foe till the game ends to ensure I have the context of game important chat. And very confusing if you accidentally join a game hosted by a foe and don't know you're missing chat. It is also annoying when I foe someone because I don't want to play w/ them then parts of forum threads are obscured.

I foe people because I don't want to play w/ them ever again. This is a very very bad idea. A much better idea is preventing me from joining games that already have a foe of mine in them. Or separate foe and mute lists.
Colonel Renee_W

Postby jefjef on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
jefjef wrote:I have some peeps foed just to screw with but most of them are foed because I DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SPEW OR PLAY GAMES WITH. :)

What needs to be fixed is people should not be able to join games with those they have on foe...

Yeah, like how you join games that I created even though you have me foed....

ummm. I saw this post without having to display it.... You haven't been foed for a while now... :-^

But yes. If I have someone foed I don't want to be able to join the game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

A suggestion that would basically make the foe function useless? Why would anyone want this?

This post was made by Dibbun who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Rating: 4.3

Ah...trouble finding open games?

Rejected
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Dibbun on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 am

drunkmonkey wrote:A suggestion that would basically make the foe function useless? Why would anyone want this?

This post was made by Dibbun who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Rating: 4.3

Ah...trouble finding open games?

Rejected

If you would read my original post, you would see that I assert that it should be the game creator's foe list which should be taken into account, not anyone else's foe list.

I would be happy to play you again, it's entertaining to hear you bitch about dice - Game 8828567 and that's the only reason I have a low rating because I don't hold your balls for you while you're crying.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jefjef on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 am

Dibbun wrote:the only reason I have a low rating because I don't hold your balls for you while you're crying.

Are you saying that you only hold them while he smiles? Do you gently massage them too?

Alrighty then. Well anyway foe lists are already ignored in tourney/clan war games. Thats enough.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm sorry, but I really doubt the current mechanics will be switching away from this. The way you have it now, makes the foe list useless for players (Like me), who don't start games. What happens if player x has targeted me in every game i ever played them? Should I have to suffer just because I don't want that player stalking me into games that I join?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Dibbun on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 pm

I see your point, I was just annoyed once when I made a quad game and GeneralAnestetic joined and it took forever for that game to fill.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

jefjef wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:
jefjef wrote:I have some peeps foed just to screw with but most of them are foed because I DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SPEW OR PLAY GAMES WITH. :)

What needs to be fixed is people should not be able to join games with those they have on foe...

Yeah, like how you join games that I created even though you have me foed....

ummm. I saw this post without having to display it.... You haven't been foed for a while now... :-^

But yes. If I have someone foed I don't want to be able to join the game.

Awwww... I heart you too jeffyboy! :D

For the record, I agree that you shouldn't be able to join a game of someone you have foed as well. It makes sense that if it works the other way, it should work this way as well.
Major tkr4lf

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Dibbun wrote:I see your point, I was just annoyed once when I made a quad game and GeneralAnestetic joined and it took forever for that game to fill.

There are 2 options. One is just to ask him to exit. The other is to delete the game, hope he doesn't join or foe him and than see who joins.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Inability to Join Foe Games Only If Foe Created the Game

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Concise description:
Change the effect of the foe list.

Specifics/Details:
I am, as far as I know, only on 1 person's foe list because that player was very irrational (called me a suicider when I attacked him 15v7 when if I won, I would get a bonus) and so because of a player that was completely clueless foe'd me, I can no longer join games that this player is in. Unfortunately, he seems to be in a number of games I would like to join.

This really bothers me in the sense that I have seemingly been banished from a number of games I enjoy playing because of this one players irrational thinking. Even if this player did not create the game, I can not join.

My suggestion is change the effect of the for list in this such manner. (Player A is on player B's foe list).

- Player A wishes to join an 8 player game. Unfortunately, because player B is say, the 5 player to join the game, player A is not allowed to join the game. This situation is unfair to player A in such manner that player B did not start the game, it is not player B's settings, but player B is just a random opponent in the game but still prevents player A from joining.
- My suggestion is that player A should not be banned from all games that include player B. Player A should be banned from any game player B creates, but if player B joins a random game, than player A should be allowed as well.

I know the point of a foe list is to prevent a player one feels plays the game poorly from playing each other again. However, people have abused this system and in cases such as mine, prevent the abused player from joining a lot of games again. I feel I was wrongly foe'd but a clueless player but because of this, I can not join a lot of games I once played and played very fairly with no complants before. 15v7 is not suicide in my book but because some player did not like losing, I am not prevented from many games.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- This will benefit the site because it will allow a lot of players to join many more games. If the person who foe'd player A see's this person in the game again, maybe they will see player A had a bad game or that there is nothing wrong with that player. But if player A is truly that bad, than others can foe him as well.
- Will not allow for players to abuse the foe list and basically give players control of what games some players can play. If someone on is on a foe list, they should only be prevented from playing in games created by the player who foe'd them.

[MOD EDIT: Some useful posts in this thread:

"Workarounds"/reasons it hasn't been done
A well-written, but identical suggestion

--agentcom]
Last edited by agentcom on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity, added links to posts
Corporal 1st Class ziggyy77

Re: FOE LIST CHANGE

Postby phantomzero on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

or you could just ask him nicely to remove you from his foe list?
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

The player thought i was suicidal when i had more than double his army and as much as i tried to explain it to him in game, he just went off on me and kept talking about how i am on his foe list.... Unfortunately, i doubt he will take me off his list because i ask nicely.

Postby ask me2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

So what? Make your own game with those settings.
Major ask me2

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 pm

What if there is an 8 player game with 7 people already in... i should just create my own game and wait for who know's how long until people join my game? I should be able to join that alomst filled 8 player game even if i am on 1 person's foe list who might have been the 7th person to join.

Postby Evolution299 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

I agree with Ziggyy here. Im on Great Ollies foe list, cause I attacked him in a 3 player Lux. map game, where if my dice would have even been average I would have eliminated him and won the game. Because I auto'd and my dice were horrible, I never got to eliminate him, just cripple him.
Ive asked to him to remove the foe ,but he doesnt respond. This eliminates me from alot of 8 player Doodle games that enjoy playing.
I think there has to be a better system to the foed list.
Sergeant 1st Class Evolution299

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:What if there is an 8 player game with 7 people already in... i should just create my own game and wait for who know's how long until people join my game?

Yes. Sorry, but the purpose of a foe list is to avoid playing with a certain player (or have to read their posts, but that's another story). He should be free to join games without worrying about one of his foes taking the 8th spot.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ziggyy77 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

@drunkmonkey ... But that should be the risk of joining a game you don't start... a person should not have the power to prevent other players from joining big games like that, its unfair to someone like me or evolution... because 1 certain person disagreed with a single move in a game, we are prevented from joining other games that person joins? It should be regulated to the games that person starts not games created by other people

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:@drunkmonkey ... But that should be the risk of joining a game you don't start... a person should not have the power to prevent other players from joining big games like that, its unfair to someone like me or evolution... because 1 certain person disagreed with a single move in a game, we are prevented from joining other games that person joins? It should be regulated to the games that person starts not games created by other people

You act as if you only have 2 or 3 games to choose from. Make your own. Find opponents in the Callouts forum. Join tournaments. Join games early, before your foe gets there.

By choosing to only join games with 1 or 2 spots open, you're only limiting yourself. Sorry, but I can't find anything unfair here.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

The Foe list setup should not be changed. Unless someone is getting foed by many, many people, it is still very easy to find games. And if if they are getting foed by that many people, then they probably deserve it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ziggyy77 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am

but if you like to play a certain game, as evolution stated above such as an 8 player assassin game on doodle, that same player joins all those games and therefore you can not join. I don't get why this site gives that type of power to someone. I have made a few suggestions on here and a few have been turned down because I was told people would abuse the option.

Yes, it is one player but why should i have to go from joining all the games i usually joined to having to pick and choose and hope i join a game before that one player? He didn't start the game, he didn't make the settings, he didn't do anything besides join a game he did not start and have a wrong opinion about me or any other player and therefore prevents any player he foe's for good reason or not, from joining a game he did not start.

That is way to much power to one player. It should be the complete opposite. If he wants to foe me fine, that should prevent me from joining games HE creates, not games anyone else creates. That is completely unfair to plenty of players on this site.

Postby Geger on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 am

I know how do you feel, ziggy77. But please try to understand other situations. There are really bad players here, who you don't want to play with (eq: viewtopic.php?f=239&t=162507 - before he is banned). Just imagine, you joined a game, and this guy join after you.
Major Geger

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am

ziggyy77 wrote:but if you like to play a certain game, as evolution stated above such as an 8 player assassin game on doodle,

Start your own.

[/discussion]
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ziggyy77 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Like i mentioned before, some games take a very long time to get going and for people to join. If there are two games, one with some people in it and a new one, started by me, people are more likely to join the game with people in it already. I would want to join that game as well and not wait a day, 2 days, or a week for a game to start because i wasn't able to join another game because of one player.

You are giving power to people to keep certain players from games they do not start, but simply join. Would I like it if a player I did not like joined a game i was playing? Absolutely not, but I took the risk in joining someone else's game. And if the player were truly that bad, everyone else would see it and foe them. But since it is just one player with a poor opinion, he shouldn't have the power to prevent any player he wants from any game he is in. It should be just the one's he starts and if he chooses to join a game he did not start, than he takes the risk of his foe joining. That way, he can see that the player he foe'd isn't what he thought in the first place or other players can see how bad that player is and foe him as well and than it would make sense for that player not to be able to join games.

People who pay to use this site want to use it without restrictions. And if there are to be people who prevent other players from playing any game, it should be a MOD and not a random player with poor judgements.

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

ziggyy77 wrote:Like i mentioned before, some games take a very long time to get going and for people to join. If there are two games, one with some people in it and a new one, started by me, people are more likely to join the game with people in it already. I would want to join that game as well and not wait a day, 2 days, or a week for a game to start because i wasn't able to join another game because of one player.

Do you understand why those games are going to start soon? Because someone started them from scratch a few days ago, and players joined at their own pace. Once those games fill, the game you started will become the most attractive option. If everyone followed the "only join a game with 1-2 spots open" approach you use, public games would never start. I'm sorry, but your argument of "it's not fair that I can't join every game that's starting in the next 20 minutes" isn't compelling.

You say people pay to use the site free of restrictions. I disagree. I pay to play fun games, and I pay to play under the rules that the site has laid out. If I foe someone, and he joins a game I'm in, it's no longer fun for me.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm

ziggy, you can start the games instead of joining... Or join faster than the guy(s) who have you foed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions