Passing on the Baton

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Passing on the Baton

Postby theBastard on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm

you spent much time for CC and often bring an order to foundry.

thank you and good luck Mr.Blue :)
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

MrBenn wrote:My final act as Foundry Foreman (as the result of much discussion and with the agreement of the CA team) will be to merge the two foundry workshops together. Since we introduced the coloured topic icons, it is easy to differentiate between maps at different developmental phases - which was a major flaw of the previous single-foundry forum. Bringing the two workshops together should prevent feedback from being "inappropriate to the developmental phase", and will hopefully make it easier to keep maps alive!

I leave my comment, Foundry still the same. I come back, and they're merged now! Omg!! It's the dawn of a new era...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby General Brock II on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Farewell, MrBenn. You have done a splendid job for the past years! Hope you enjoy your new foundry-less position!

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Major General Brock II

Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby OliverFA on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 pm

It's a pitty to see you go, MrBenn. I remember our first chats about Research & Conquer, and how helpful you were with this complicated map. :) But having worked so hard during those years, you also deserve to take a break, step down and enjoy the result of all your efforts.

thenobodies80 is a worthy successor. With his leadership, the Foundry will continue to improve building on the solid base that MrBenn has given to all of us as his legacy.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Lieutenant OliverFA

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Postby ender516 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Many thanks, MrBenn, for all your work, and do enjoy whatever new (or old) pursuits take your time in the future.

Congratulations, thenobodies80! I expect you will bring your very best to the office of Foreman, and that should be very good indeed.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Seamus76 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Good luck with all of your future endeavors, and thank you for all of your time and energy here.
Captain Seamus76
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 97
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (28) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Postby TaCktiX on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:29 pm

To be fair when you first got your CA job I was pissed you got it and not me. Hindsight is 20/20, you did a marvelous job in keeping your section of the Foundry in tip-top shape even as your responsibility grew to greater heights. Sad to see you go, but hopefully we can carry the baton just as far.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Postby BunnRee on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks Mr. Benne for helping make CC's maps feel like home to me. :-)! Good luck on your future.

Welcome aboard thenobodies80!
"Men talk of having a soul. I have no soul. I am a soul: I have a body." What all the world's a-seeking: or, the Vital law of true life (p. 138) Ralph Waldo Trine (1896).
Sergeant BunnRee

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Postby squishyg on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:36 pm

You are a great contributor to this site! God speed.
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby The Bison King on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Wow, this is a real end of an era. I know that we've had creative differences at times but we always worked through them. At the heart of it you always had the maps best interest at heart. You did a damn good, bloody good, job and no one can take that away from you. It's just gonna kinda feel weird with out you on top. That being said I think that TheNobodies08 was an excellent choice, and he is sure to do well in his new position. Well done!

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks for all the fish! You have done a great deal for the foundry and you surely will be missed. Double from the people of KORT. Enjoy some time away!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks for all your time and effort Mr. B

High score: 2724/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Sergeant 1st Class neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 pm

hate to see you go, but i love to watch you leave.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Heard about this (don't ask how) and sad to see you step down.

Good luck thenobodies80.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby john9blue on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 am

happy trails mr. benn! you seemed like a dedicated and nice guy.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Discussions