Conquer Club

New World

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

New World

Postby thunderhue on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

New World
Map by Coleman and gimil
Guide by thunderhue

Click image to enlarge.

Introduction
New World is set during the 15th century exploration of North and South America by European explorers. The map includes 69 total regions but only 9 starting positions, called homelands. Four of the homelands are "native" (Inuit, Aztec, Comanche, Mapuche) and five are European (British, Spanish, Dutch, French, Portuguese). All players start on one of these homelands. (4 players or less start on multiple homelands.)

Native homelands have more land and faster access to regions in their empire, but European homelands have an extra auto deploy on their landing zones. Note that European homelands do not connect to each other; they can only be assaulted through their landing zone.

Bonuses are not traditional: +1 for every two regions in an empire. Homelands receive an auto-deploy +4 bonus; landing zones receive an auto-deploy +3 bonus.

Recommended Settings
  • 2-8 players, single
  • Flat Rate or No Spoils
  • Unlimited
  • No Fog or Fog of War

show: Classification

How to play
show: General Tips

show: Two Player

show: Escalating

show: Flat Rate And No Spoils

show: Fog of War

show: Chained and Adjacent Reinforcements

show: Team Games

show: Additional Notes

Similar Maps
Players who enjoy New World might enjoy some of these similar maps on Conquer Club.
  • Feudal War and Feudal Epic - New World was based on these maps. They offer similar play especially for Fog of War or Team games.
  • Age of Realms maps - Similar gameplay especially for Fog of War or Team games.
  • Poker Club - Like the idea of starting in limited specific locations and branching out? Poker Club starts out the same, though the bonuses are very different.
Corporal thunderhue

Re: New World

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

===============================
This ends the Official Map Guide.

However, there may be relevant strategy discussion outside the scope of this basic map guide located in the below further discussion.

Please keep the discussion general so it applies to many situations. Guidance about your specific games should go in the main Strategy forum.
===============================
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby lunatic96 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I've found Mapuche to be the hardest homeland to defend in FoW games. Primarily because 3 European powers have almost immediate access to your region. With Comanche, Aztec, and Inuit, there's really only 1 European power that can attack you. If you hold a native homeland, you have to be wary of European powers using their +7 autodeploys to bombard and then attack through to take you.
Highest Rank: Major - 2284 pts.

Tournament Winner:
Foundry Update 5.2
Foundry Update 9.2
Sergeant lunatic96

Postby Coleman on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:51 pm

My name is Coleman and this is my favorite topic in Conquer Club.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 am

Coleman wrote:My name is Coleman and this is my favorite topic in Conquer Club.

I'm happy you like it!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Geger on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:35 am

lunatic96 wrote:I've found Mapuche to be the hardest homeland to defend in FoW games. Primarily because 3 European powers have almost immediate access to your region. With Comanche, Aztec, and Inuit, there's really only 1 European power that can attack you. If you hold a native homeland, you have to be wary of European powers using their +7 autodeploys to bombard and then attack through to take you.

I don't agree with you here. In FoW Mapuche can be deadly to the owner of Holand, if you start before him. But you must act quickly.

First turn :

Take only 1 region (Mapuche 2 or 6) for card or only for extra +1 army in next turn. Say you lose 1 troop in this turn (34% chance), you will have (3+4+3-1)=9 troops (8 in Homeland). Suppose someone has Holland and is able to take Holland Landing Port without losing 1 single troops (24% Chance). He has also 9 troops in HLP and 1 Holland Home Land.

Second turn :

Deploy on Mapuche Homeland and take 2 regions, 1st is the easier Mapuche 2 or 6, and 2nd is Mapuche 9!! Mapuche 9 borders all 3 Holland regions. This is the key. Suppose you lose 3 troops for this action, so you will have (9+4+4-3)=14 with 4 regions, put 2 troop in Mapuche Homeland, 1 each Mapuche 2 and 6, and 10 in Mapuche 9. Your Homeland is safe from Portugal, Spain and Aztec, because the European (Portugal and Spain) will take only 1 region next turn. Aztec, the other neighbor, expand usually towards Comanche or Spain.

Now is the turn the player in Holland. He deploys all troops in Landing Point, so he has 5 troops in Homeland and (9+3+3)=15 in Landing Point. He wants to take 1 region. Suppose he can reduce the neutrals from Homeland to size 4 or 3, then finish it with troops in Landing Point. The odd calculation is complex here (maybe someone can help?) but you can suppose he lose 2 troops from Landing Point (to take 6 neutrals) and can move 12 troops towards and will meet your 12 troops in Mapuche 9. He can only attack with 11 troops against 12 troops in Mapuche 9 and 2 troops in Mapuche Homeland. His chance to take both regions only 31%!

His success means your defeat, but if he fails, it's now your turn to take his Homeland! ;)

Remember you lose 4 troops (to take 1, 1 and 4 neutrals) and he loses only 2 troops (to take 3 and 6 neutrals) before the battle.

This is an example : Game 10012290. Maybe I was a bit lucky, with 5 troops remaining plus 5 drops, also 9 troops to attack, I could eliminate his 2, 4 & 1 troops (63% chance).

Just a sharing.
Major Geger

Postby anonymus on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 am

Geger wrote:
This is an example : Game 10012290. Maybe I was a bit lucky, with 5 troops remaining plus 5 drops, also 9 troops to attack, I could eliminate his 2, 4 & 1 troops (63% chance).

above all you where lucky none of the other players read your move,, in esc i'd say any european is way more likely to win endgame..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby Geger on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:38 am

anonymus wrote:
Geger wrote:

above all you where lucky none of the other players read your move,, in esc i'd say any european is way more likely to win endgame..

Because of FoW. Won't do those moves, if fog turn off
Major Geger

Postby siddify on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am

I think a distinction needs to be made regarding strategy and your drop. As a general rule of thumb, I like to play offense (attack) when I have 2 or more non-European homelands. I play defense (wait for an attack) if I have 1 or 0 non-European homelands.

Another thing that I think needs to be mentioned is the fact that you need to choose a territory to stockpile troops, not distribute them around evenly. If I am playing offense, I obviously stack on the homeland that I will be attacking from (Usually Comanche or Aztec, but that depends on the drop). I'll stack on Inuit if I have both Inuit and France because I know if I attack Comanche from Inuit I won't get countered from France.

If I am playing defense, I have 2 choices: stack on the homeland most likely to be attacked or stack on a Eurpoe landing point so I can counterattack. This also depends on drop.

Also, I rarely attack a Europe country first. Let them go through the big neutral stacks and come to me.

Lastly, don't attack on the first or second turn. The only way you win that way is having lucky dice. You need to stack up over 18-20 before you go after another homeland just to have a reasonable chance of having something left over.

Feel free to pop me a PM if you want any additional tips...
Major siddify

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:49 am

Any advice on a three player foggy assassin game with escalating cards? I've never played this map, I get the basics from reading this and the map legend but not much of an idea on general tactics so any help would be appreciated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby anonymus on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Any advice on a three player foggy assassin game with escalating cards? I've never played this map, I get the basics from reading this and the map legend but not much of an idea on general tactics so any help would be appreciated.

if you have starting-position in EU USE THE BOMBARD, get cards and wait for the other 2 fools to attack each other..
basically thats any 3-player-game.. wait for the other 2 to hit it out and then when they have exhausted themselves for a couple of rounds step in and sweep up the rests..

Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 am

anonymus wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Any advice on a three player foggy assassin game with escalating cards? I've never played this map, I get the basics from reading this and the map legend but not much of an idea on general tactics so any help would be appreciated.

if you have starting-position in EU USE THE BOMBARD, get cards and wait for the other 2 fools to attack each other..
basically thats any 3-player-game.. wait for the other 2 to hit it out and then when they have exhausted themselves for a couple of rounds step in and sweep up the rests..

Thanks. When you say bombard, do you mean the 6s as well? I'm in Spanish, French and Aztec..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion