Conquer Club

Ratings Abuse - Dibbun [warned]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Ratings Abuse - Dibbun

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Lol...1 star rating for visiting relatives. This was...entertaining. Back to the foe list. Have a good day.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Dibbun, how does it feel to be the little whiny bitch here at CC that everyone has foed, you hypocrite.

*pretty sure you deleted your post or something, but anyway you comment on how its a paper hat for me*
- well then lets go bitch, play me! so I can fucking beat that ass! you wouldn't have a chance. A NR that just joined has more balls than you.
Cook ad10r3tr0

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 pm

You're in the wrong thread.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

jefjef wrote:Dibbun - If you look the rating system has 3 DIFFERENT categories.

Fair play - For cheating/cheap tactics/fairness.

Game play - Strategy/how well played

Attitude - Self explanatory.

You are abusing the system - Whatever you think of someones attitude should not reflect poorly in the other categories - just the attitude one.

Same story with the other categories. If someone is too slow that is more of a game play rating or fair play etc.....

This is an excellent point that I do not believe has been addressed.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:37 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
jefjef wrote:Dibbun - If you look the rating system has 3 DIFFERENT categories.

Fair play - For cheating/cheap tactics/fairness.

Game play - Strategy/how well played

Attitude - Self explanatory.

You are abusing the system - Whatever you think of someones attitude should not reflect poorly in the other categories - just the attitude one.

Same story with the other categories. If someone is too slow that is more of a game play rating or fair play etc.....

This is an excellent point that I do not believe has been addressed.

Then you did not read this post? viewtopic.php?p=3257239#p3257239
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I've seen many posts in here that have nothing to do with Dibbun's ratings. I'm going to ask you all to stay on topic.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 pm

I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Now what I don't understand is apparently this dual meaning of "chivalry" here. On one hand, telling the other player they played a good game before you eliminate them is somehow "bad", but not saying anything to them is better?

It's like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around do you hear it? Likewise, when you type gg after you eliminated everyone, what are the odds that they see it? And really, who cares when you type gg?

Slightly OT here....

You ever seen professional starcraft players? They're typing gg as fast as they can before the game even begins. I can see how that might be rude or unchivalrous, but letting the other players know they played a good game 1 or two turns before the end shouldn't be damning you to a 1 star rating.
Captain safariguy5

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Now what I don't understand is apparently this dual meaning of "chivalry" here. On one hand, telling the other player they played a good game before you eliminate them is somehow "bad", but not saying anything to them is better?

It's like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around do you hear it? Likewise, when you type gg after you eliminated everyone, what are the odds that they see it? And really, who cares when you type gg?

Slightly OT here....

You ever seen professional starcraft players? They're typing gg as fast as they can before the game even begins. I can see how that might be rude or unchivalrous, but letting the other players know they played a good game 1 or two turns before the end shouldn't be damning you to a 1 star rating.

"gg" doesn't mean "I beat you, sucker. Give up." It means "[you played a] good game". It's a chivalrous gesture no matter when it's said. Everyone except the accused gets that, and I don't know that it's worth trying to explain it to him. Maybe when he grows up he'll understand.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Slightly OT here....

"gg" doesn't mean "I beat you, sucker. Give up." It means "[you played a] good game". It's a chivalrous gesture no matter when it's said. Everyone except the accused gets that, and I don't know that it's worth trying to explain it to him. Maybe when he grows up he'll understand.

Yeah I know that, but I concede that some people do use it at the beginning of the game, and I have seen it used as something of a psychological needle or taunt. In no way does that apply to typing it in game chat when you already have the game well in hand.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 pm

awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Pirlo wrote:awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:

You should have read the rules prior to making your spurious report.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Dibbun wrote:
Pirlo wrote:awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:

You should have read the rules prior to making your spurious report.

Wait, how is that even relevant to this report. Revealing positions under fog is different from ratings abuse. One is considered bad sportsmanship, and the other is treated as game abuse.

Looks like an ad hominem attack that doesn't really add to the discussion here.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Dibbun wrote:Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.

Well then turn the other cheek? I'm trying to be diplomatic here. Really, I have no problem with poorly rating deadbeaters, I've done the same thing. But people have RL, get sitters, all that stuff is well known. And I think it's a bit petty to be poorly rating someone just because they said gg a round or two early. A little common sense and understanding goes a long way here.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Dibbun wrote:Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.

Flaming is not acceptable in here. You all have been collectively warned by a global moderator to quit it. Everyone should expect warnings if it is kept up.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 pm

safariguy5 wrote:

Well then turn the other cheek? I'm trying to be diplomatic here. Really, I have no problem with poorly rating deadbeaters, I've done the same thing. But people have RL, get sitters, all that stuff is well known. And I think it's a bit petty to be poorly rating someone just because they said gg a round or two early. A little common sense and understanding goes a long way here.

I'm not saying he broke the rules by getting a sitter, but really, what about his "gameplay" is worthy of more than 1 star? He didn't even play that Prison Riot game, he had a sitter who literally wielded 200+ troops and conquered countless territories. Perfectly legal but not fair play.

Saying "gg" prior to winning is the height of arrogance. Try to picture a sports game where a coach whose team has the lead comes over to shake the other coach's hand when there's still 5 minutes or 1 inning left to go. It doesn't matter what the score is - that would be downright unsportsmanlike.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby mviola on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Dibbun wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

I'm not saying he broke the rules by getting a sitter, but really, what about his "gameplay" is worthy of more than 1 star? He didn't even play that Prison Riot game, he had a sitter who literally wielded 200+ troops and conquered countless territories. Perfectly legal but not fair play.

Saying "gg" prior to winning is the height of arrogance. Try to picture a sports game where a coach whose team has the lead comes over to shake the other coach's hand when there's still 5 minutes or 1 inning left to go. It doesn't matter what the score is - that would be downright unsportsmanlike.

This isn't a sport so your analogy is invalid.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Dibbun wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

Red Auerbach's Cigar.
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 pm

I went back and looked at that Prison Riot Game. He was sat for 3 times in a 12 round game. That means he played 3/4ths of the game. 1 out of 5 is not 75%. And if it wasn't "fair play", then it would be illegal.

And you've never gone on a vacation? Had a family emergency? Internet went down? That's exactly the point of a sitter, and as long as sitters don't abuse their privileges, I fail to see how having a sitter take a few of your turns in light of real life issues is so bad. With the alternative being deadbeating, I think getting someone to sit your games is a much better alternative. I've done account sitting and other have account sat for me. RL interferes, you're just trying to not hold the games up or alter the outcome too much.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm

I didn't say 75%. I said, referring to Game 8826367, "Not all that enjoyable when we're not even playing you 25% of the time. That was 3 rounds of a 12 round game."

Did you open up my spoiler tag on that post? You will see that the number of rounds sat is less relevant than what occurred when he was being sat at Round 11. A massive chunk of his win was played in that round, and not by him. Hundreds of troops were played and dozens of territories were conquered. No gameplay by the person I'm going to rate equals 1 star on the gameplay rating.

And no, I don't start/join games if I'm going to have to miss turns. But that's just how I roll.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 am

Dibbun wrote:I didn't say 75%. I said, referring to Game 8826367, "Not all that enjoyable when we're not even playing you 25% of the time. That was 3 rounds of a 12 round game."

Did you open up my spoiler tag on that post? You will see that the number of rounds sat is less relevant than what occurred when he was being sat at Round 11. A massive chunk of his win was played in that round, and not by him. Hundreds of troops were played and dozens of territories were conquered. No gameplay by the person I'm going to rate equals 1 star on the gameplay rating.

And no, I don't start/join games if I'm going to have to miss turns. But that's just how I roll.

But what about your active games? Do you let them deadbeat or do you find a sitter? I find it hard to believe that you can predict the length of games so well as to not have any active games going when you're away. And god forbid that you have a medical emergency like me that knocked me out for a month last year. Like stated before, this isn't sports where you can go on the DL or IR and everything's going to be ok.
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:09 am

Dibbun wrote:I didn't say 75%. I said, referring to Game 8826367, "Not all that enjoyable when we're not even playing you 25% of the time. That was 3 rounds of a 12 round game."

And that's the nature of the beast that is Standard Esc. You can't really predict when the juggernaut hit is going to occur, the deviations in rounds played depends greatly on the map, cards, and number players as well as position, troop counts and a bunch of other variables.

That said, the strategy for esc. juggernaut is probably the simplest to understand, so I see less basis for complaining about a sitter. If this was say a team game and the sitter knew the map much better and changed the strategy to get the win and dictated the other teammate turns, then definitely you have a case. Esc. juggernaut is just stack and trade until you see the opening to elim everyone. If everyone who came out of SoC is able to do this, then it should be pretty standard strategy for everyone, and whoever is taking the turn probably is going to do the same thing regardless.

The flip side of missing 1 turn is that you probably hand the game to the person who goes after you, so someone would probably open up a C&A thread about "throwing games" and "intentional deadbeating".
Captain safariguy5

Postby GeneralRisk on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:37 am

This Dibbun apparently is trouble and I will add to foes list.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby IR1SH ACE on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 am

I love u Dibbun ur such a feckin spanner u make this easy......

Dibbun wrote:

looks like the Dibbun Hypocrite show again.....explain this then...

Game 8742544

2011-03-22 02:06:54 - Dibbun received 4 troops for 14 regions
2011-03-22 02:11:24 - Dibbun received 4 troops for 14 regions
2011-03-22 02:14:14 - Dibbun received 3 troops for 11 regions
2011-03-22 02:25:22 - Dibbun missed a turn............(did u just miss a turn???? that cant be right it must be part of ur master plan)
2011-03-22 02:33:49 - Dibbun missed a turn.........(not possible 2 turns missed..this is defo a strategic move u are about to do something awesome in ur next move and 6 deferred troops, cant wait to see how this turns out......)
011-03-22 02:42:38 - Dibbun missed a turn
2011-03-22 02:42:38 - Dibbun was kicked out for missing too many turns
2011-03-22 02:42:38 - DBo won the game.....(WTF this is the biggest anti-climax since the finale of LOST...)

Shit man what happened to......

Dibbun wrote:

Maybe Real life got in the way???? if u had of had a sitter u might hav won that game and would not look like a complete tool right now :lol:

and just because its funny..........

Game 9353719

2011-07-05 05:28:56 - Dibbun missed a turn....(mmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby king achilles on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am

Dibbun has already been warned.
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports