Conquer Club

[GO] EXTREME ESCALATING SPOILS

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GO] EXTREME ESCALATING SPOILS

Postby Martin Ronne on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Extreme Escalating Spoils, (EXES for short,) would be a where the spoils in a game would begin to grow at a faster rate once they hit a certain point. This would be an option in addition to Escalating Spoils.

Specifics/Details:
I propose that the spoils would grow at the rate they already do until they hit 50, so as to not affect shorter games. However, once they hit 50 they would grow faster.

Example:
And so on...

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It would create yet another option for players to customized there games, as well as affect strategy and game play.
Strife wrote:I hereby state Martin Ronne has inappropriately touched me. I would like to file charges against this sick bastard and expect he be sent to prison.
Major Martin Ronne

Re: EXTREME ESCALATING SPOILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 pm

haha no
Cook ad10r3tr0

Postby Martin Ronne on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh you know you like the idea...
Strife wrote:I hereby state Martin Ronne has inappropriately touched me. I would like to file charges against this sick bastard and expect he be sent to prison.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby naxus on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 am

isn't most troops you can move at once on a map 9999 or something(from the XML)?
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 am

Sooo first to get a set, wins, on most maps?
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 am

:lol: love it! (actually hate it, but nice try)
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Martin Ronne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Sooo first to get a set, wins, on most maps?

If you bothered to read the first part, you'd realized that it stays at the same rate as regular escalating spoils until 50.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 am

Why don't you just go all the way and make it first person to get a set gets a 1000? The strategy involved that that process is unbelievable
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 am

naxus wrote:isn't most troops you can move at once on a map 9999 or something(from the XML)?

Correct.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 am

Crazyirishman wrote:Why don't you just go all the way and make it first person to get a set gets a 1000? The strategy involved that that process is unbelievable

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cook ad10r3tr0

Postby HardAttack on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:21 am

BS. Dont get the neccesity of spoiling the current escalating game play and adding a new modification in it.
If you are liking extremes, go bungee jump somewhere, or take ur parachute, dress it up then jump down from a skyscraper.
Please folks, do not post suggestions here with unclear and foggy additions which your suggestion wud brought up in gaming pleasure.
I dont understand personally what such escalating mechanism will come with.

Such an escalation will come with problems. One very clear is games will have many turn missers. A player, surely is not going to like it cashing 25 or 50 less troops but sure he will miss a turn. I suggest you to learn the current escalating better, and get delighted with the use of your skill and abilities with it. 20.000 or more members, what if all will ask for something new. Please lets keep gaming pleasure solid, and not make it a mess with tones of no sense options.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Martin Ronne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

HardAttack wrote:BS. Dont get the neccesity of spoiling the current escalating game play and adding a new modification in it.
If you are liking extremes, go bungee jump somewhere, or take ur parachute, dress it up then jump down from a skyscraper.
Please folks, do not post suggestions here with unclear and foggy additions which your suggestion wud brought up in gaming pleasure.
I dont understand personally what such escalating mechanism will come with.

Such an escalation will come with problems. One very clear is games will have many turn missers. A player, surely is not going to like it cashing 25 or 50 less troops but sure he will miss a turn. I suggest you to learn the current escalating better, and get delighted with the use of your skill and abilities with it.

Yet another person who refuses to read my original post in full. This would not replace escalating spoils, rather, it'd be an option along side it. I quite enjoy escalating spoils as they are now, and I feel this would be fun as well.

HardAttack wrote:20.000 or more members, what if all will ask for something new. Please lets keep gaming pleasure solid, and not make it a mess with tones of no sense options.

What good is a suggestions thread in which the participating authors are expected to keep their suggestions to themselves?
Major Martin Ronne

Postby Martin Ronne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:42 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
naxus wrote:isn't most troops you can move at once on a map 9999 or something(from the XML)?

Correct.

So that's the most you can move at once, but could you theoretically have more on a map?
Major Martin Ronne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Martin Ronne wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Correct.

So that's the most you can move at once, but could you theoretically have more on a map?

Yes, there are games with 10 000+ troops on it. However, Assaults get extremely slow when an Auto assault occurs, as a ton of rolls need to be pulled from the string of 50 000 dice. And, yes, you can only advance 9 999 troops at one time.

I personally dislike the suggestion. 500 to 1000 is too high of a jump. As soon as someone got that cash of 1000, the game would be theirs.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Martin Ronne wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Correct.

Yes, and you can attack with more as well. But if you conquer, you just can't advance with more than the 10000 limit.

By the way... I love this suggestion.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Martin Ronne wrote:

If you bothered to read the first part, you'd realized that it stays at the same rate as regular escalating spoils until 50.

Sorry, but like pointed out, there would be turn missers

I would hate to cash a set of 50 and then have my opponent get a cash of 75, 100, 150, and then it be my turn.. if I wasn't dead
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Martin Ronne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Martin Ronne wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Correct.

Yes, and you can attack with more as well. But if you conquer, you just can't advance with more than the 10000 limit.

By the way... I love this suggestion.

Glad someone does.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby Martin Ronne on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:31 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Martin Ronne wrote:

Sorry, but like pointed out, there would be turn missers

I would hate to cash a set of 50 and then have my opponent get a cash of 75, 100, 150, and then it be my turn.. if I wasn't dead

See, I have the feeling it'd become more of an arms race than anything else.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby sniffie on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 am

yup more of an arms race in which players develop annoying turn missing tactics just to have bigger cashes.
But still the number of armies "explodes" to much to make it fun.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 am

From a mapmaking perspective, this is a nightmare. The Foundry would have to enforce a 8888 policy, instead of a 888 policy, and older maps would suffer for not being up to 8888 standards...

Plus, first cash will win more than not.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:From a mapmaking perspective, this is a nightmare. The Foundry would have to enforce a 8888 policy, instead of a 888 policy, and older maps would suffer for not being up to 8888 standards...

Can you translate that to layman's terms please?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:From a mapmaking perspective, this is a nightmare. The Foundry would have to enforce a 8888 policy, instead of a 888 policy, and older maps would suffer for not being up to 8888 standards...

Basically, when all maps go through the foundry process, they have to show a test, where "888" is put on all the territories numbers would be, to make sure nothing overlaps. Apparently this is hard enough at the 888 policy, and going to an 8888 policy would make it harder. (888 would be a troop number).
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Basically, when all maps go through the foundry process, they have to show a test, where "888" is put on all the territories numbers would be, to make sure nothing overlaps. Apparently this is hard enough at the 888 policy, and going to an 8888 policy would make it harder. (888 would be a troop number).

This.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Martin Ronne on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:34 pm

I've had numbers overlap on World 2.1 anyways, didn't see a problem.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby Woltato on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Exponential spoils. I like this idea.

How about calling it "turbo escalating"?

This could be another option under spoils when starting a game ie no-spoils, flat rate, Escalating, turbo escalating and Nuclear.

So that existing escalating mode stays as it is.

I think this mode would particulalry lend itself to the larger maps.
Sergeant Woltato

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions