Conquer Club

[CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby Lindax on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 pm

chemefreak wrote:All-

We will be issuing medals for the CC2 over the next few hours. The process of getting the medals out was authorized by jpcloet and it has just taken us a while to get the 22 completed wars analyzed. Masli has given the thumbs up so they will be out shortly.

Of course, LoW will not be receiving medals for beating ++The Legion++ as that was clearly farming ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Oh, is it over?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby danryan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Not exactly. Some of the challenges are, but the final 8 teams all mathematically are still in it.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Lindax wrote:
chemefreak wrote:All-

We will be issuing medals for the CC2 over the next few hours. The process of getting the medals out was authorized by jpcloet and it has just taken us a while to get the 22 completed wars analyzed. Masli has given the thumbs up so they will be out shortly.

Of course, LoW will not be receiving medals for beating ++The Legion++ as that was clearly farming ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Oh, is it over?

Lx

No. We are going to treat these as they were intended as individual clan wars. So medals will be passed out for all wars. The overall winner will get a medal for the victory that also mentions the cup win, like the winners of CCup1.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks Cheme, Masli, and the late jpcloet (who we are hoping returns from beyond).
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 am

Yes thanks for the medal. Only 3 more to collect now!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:07 pm

This will come to no surprise of some that I am closest to, but I have only been on this site for 1 reason and that is enjoyment. I created and have ran both the conqueror's cup and the power rankings as I saw an opportunity to better the site and improve the enjoyment of all, including myself.

My enjoyment on this site is quickly approaching 0. Real life is busy and my commitments and responsibilities are in a higher demand than the amount of time I have each day. Luckily, thanks to my job and the fact that I am on a computer 2/3 of every day, this is not a farewell message because I will still be on this site, however, I will be playing very minimally and really not contributing in any other way to the site.

To be honest, the Conqueror's Cup is a nearly self ran tournament with very little input needed from a TD except for a few slight hiccups.

The Power Rankings are a little more time consuming in sending out PMs, collecting data, and then inputting data and creating tables.

I would not like to hand these over lightly to just the first person to raise their hand because I feel I have tried to handle both very professionally and fairly for all involved. The last thing I would want to see is some 13 year old (or someone who acts like one) take over and start changing things that make either less enjoyable or fair for the masses. I am not even sure me picking someone to hand these over to is the best way to handle it. But maybe there should be some reasonable discussion in the forums of how they can be handled in a fair manner in the future because one thing is for sure and that is I will not be putting much time into this site anymore other than playing a few games.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Denise on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're not having fun anymore. I guess that's happening a lot lately. The player that popped into my brain first to run the cup is dowian2. He has run lots of tournaments and has great organizational skills. I have no idea if he would be interested or not, but if he is, he would be great at it. Lindax also would, but maybe he's too busy and is doing too many other things.
Colonel Denise

Postby chemefreak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:05 am

Meh.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby nippersean on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:40 am

Well played Chuck, your efforts are much appreciated.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 am

nippersean wrote:Well played Chuck, your efforts are much appreciated.

+1
Your contributions to CC have been original & long-lasting.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby L M S on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:
nippersean wrote:Well played Chuck, your efforts are much appreciated.

+1
Your contributions to CC have been original & long-lasting.....

....in bed.
sorry, just sounded fortune cookieish, I couldn't resist.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agonzos on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 am

Chuuuuck wrote:This will come to no surprise of some that I am closest to, but I have only been on this site for 1 reason and that is enjoyment. I created and have ran both the conqueror's cup and the power rankings as I saw an opportunity to better the site and improve the enjoyment of all, including myself.

My enjoyment on this site is quickly approaching 0. Real life is busy and my commitments and responsibilities are in a higher demand than the amount of time I have each day. Luckily, thanks to my job and the fact that I am on a computer 2/3 of every day, this is not a farewell message because I will still be on this site, however, I will be playing very minimally and really not contributing in any other way to the site.

To be honest, the Conqueror's Cup is a nearly self ran tournament with very little input needed from a TD except for a few slight hiccups.

The Power Rankings are a little more time consuming in sending out PMs, collecting data, and then inputting data and creating tables.

I would not like to hand these over lightly to just the first person to raise their hand because I feel I have tried to handle both very professionally and fairly for all involved. The last thing I would want to see is some 13 year old (or someone who acts like one) take over and start changing things that make either less enjoyable or fair for the masses. I am not even sure me picking someone to hand these over to is the best way to handle it. But maybe there should be some reasonable discussion in the forums of how they can be handled in a fair manner in the future because one thing is for sure and that is I will not be putting much time into this site anymore other than playing a few games.

This is CC's loss. You've been a great contributer to the site. It will be difficult to find someone who is as universally respected and highly regarded as you are to take over the Power Rankings. =D>
Brigadier agonzos

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 am

We're still behind the updated schedule a bit, but since most of the last 4 have been decided, should we expect the next round to start soon?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ljex on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Leehar wrote:We're still behind the updated schedule a bit, but since most of the last 4 have been decided, should we expect the next round to start soon?

all 4 have essentially been decided just waiting now
Major ljex

Postby Lubawski on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm

ljex wrote:
Leehar wrote:We're still behind the updated schedule a bit, but since most of the last 4 have been decided, should we expect the next round to start soon?

all 4 have essentially been decided just waiting now

We have 22 games outstanding. I'd like to see that drop to about 10 or so before beginning the next round. A couple weeks would be great.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 am

That works for me. Looking forward to playing Empire again. What do the other clans think about a time frame?
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Incandenza on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 am

To the best of my knowledge, batch 1 game exchange for thota-monkis is still a week or two away.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 am

Looks like we all like the same schedule then.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Denise on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 am

Bruce, KORT should start the thread so that we can start harassing you. I mean so that we can get the game making privileges.
Colonel Denise

Postby BYUwonder11 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am

Denise wrote:Bruce, KORT should start the thread so that we can start harassing you. I mean so that we can get the game making privileges.

Oh it's there, and the harassing has already begun. Bruce hope you're not planning on going freemium in this war, don't chicken out now...lol :)
Major BYUwonder11

Location: Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:10 am

BYUwonder11 wrote:
Denise wrote:Bruce, KORT should start the thread so that we can start harassing you. I mean so that we can get the game making privileges.

Oh it's there, and the harassing has already begun. Bruce hope you're not planning on going freemium in this war, don't chicken out now...lol :)

Not a chance. :) You will get a nice dose of KORT and me. :D
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Alright kort, I think we're just about ready for you guys : ) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:09 am

Finals are shaping up to be very tough.
Corporal Bruceswar

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges