Conquer Club

live chat colours.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

live chat colours.

Postby eddie2 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:20 am

after this
show: live chat ban

my sug is take these colours off the user list. how petty to ban for it.
Major eddie2

Re: live chat colours.

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 am

1. Use the form

2. It's not going to happen. Live Chat is a piece of software programmed by someone else, lack chose it for CC and does not want to go edit the code to remove certain colours.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:33 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:1. Use the form

2. It's not going to happen. Live Chat is a piece of software programmed by someone else, lack chose it for CC and does not want to go edit the code to remove certain colours.

This. If lack was to mod the phpfreechat we use, and something was to go wrong, he wouldn't be able to ask them what went wrong.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 am

eddie...if you're warned to not using annoying colors, then don't do it. I know that you know not to even before this incident.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby grifftron on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:24 am

Not sure about the live chat, but if it is part of PhP it is easily edited, this was in my suggestion of the wall icons a while back, not sure if icons & colors are changed the same way but when they added the MM icon, it took a matter of 15 sec to change, not rocket science here people... I mean really... if mods are going on power trips and banning people for using colors that are in the chat for everyone to use, maybe those colors should be taken out or maybe the mods need to have a talking too... One of these have to happen... Just stupid.

"white,yellow, teal, green and light grey"... thats alot of colors to not use, why have them there if you can't use em? That is all eddie is trying to say... I don't agree with 99.9% of the things eddie says but he does have a point here.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:59 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:eddie...if you're warned to not using annoying colors, then don't do it. I know that you know not to even before this incident.

-rd

rds it was not a warning a warning is when someone does something and gets told not to.

let me say what happened a new person in live chat asked where the colors where. i told the person then masli made that statement. my 2 posts where saying whats up with this color. sorry but where in chat rules does it say not to use colors that are there to use. It does not and in live chat some mods let you use them some don't. so to issue a 72 hour ban for something that is not in any rules not to use and is availible to use, it needs to be sorted one way or another. also sorting out that if one don't let you they all don't. Thats the problem i see with live chat it all comes down to the individual mod in there at the time one day you can do something it is ok. next day different mod and you get banned.
Major eddie2

Postby QoH on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:24 am

Just a question for Masli, if he sees this thread...

What's wrong with teal and green? The other colors are understandable, since you can't read yellow or white, and light grey is a little hard to read, but teal and green? Come on.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:34 am

QoH wrote:Just a question for Masli, if he sees this thread...

What's wrong with teal and green? The other colors are understandable, since you can't read yellow or white, and light grey is a little hard to read, but teal and green? Come on.

It depends on what shade, but teal and light green are harsh to the eyes as well, specially on the (more white) background in live chat.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 pm

eddie2 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:eddie...if you're warned to not using annoying colors, then don't do it. I know that you know not to even before this incident.

-rd

rds it was not a warning a warning is when someone does something and gets told not to.

let me say what happened a new person in live chat asked where the colors where. i told the person then masli made that statement. my 2 posts where saying whats up with this color. sorry but where in chat rules does it say not to use colors that are there to use. It does not and in live chat some mods let you use them some don't. so to issue a 72 hour ban for something that is not in any rules not to use and is availible to use, it needs to be sorted one way or another. also sorting out that if one don't let you they all don't. Thats the problem i see with live chat it all comes down to the individual mod in there at the time one day you can do something it is ok. next day different mod and you get banned.

Live Chat Guidelines wrote:First and foremost, the rules of Live Chat start with the current Forum Guidelines previously established for the intent of keeping things under control in the forums.

Forum Guidelines wrote:The only thing more stupid than TYPING IN ALL CAPS is

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IN A LARGER FONT AND ANNOYING COLOUR

eddie, "some" mods don't allow people to use white, Cyan, yellow, light Grey, or Light Green. I've warned people not to, and they seemed to understand it.

And I am currently looking at the "warning" Masli gave everyone in chat. He said "Do not use white (white), Cyan (Cyan), yellow (yellow), light Grey, or Light Green (Light Green)." Put those against a white background, they are hard to read and are easy way to create headaches. To me, that's a pretty clear warning for people to not use those colors. Did you really think it was a good idea to ask him, in a very bright yellow, and white (Which blends into live chat, so it is invisible), why they aren't allowed? They are annoying, and make it harder for Mods in chat.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

"15:46:09 ‹Masli› and don't use white,yellow, teal, green and light grey". is not a warning

"15:46:09 ‹Masli› and don't use white,yellow, teal, green and light grey it is against chat rules". is a warning just saying a 72 hour ban does not fit the crime.
Major eddie2

Postby Tisha on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

eddie2 wrote:"15:46:09 ‹Masli› and don't use white,yellow, teal, green and light grey". is not a warning

"15:46:09 ‹Masli› and don't use white,yellow, teal, green and light grey it is against chat rules". is a warning just saying a 72 hour ban does not fit the crime.

well, if you hadn't misbehaved so many times previously, your ban wouldn't have been 72 hours ;)

And those colors in live chat are definitely annoying..
Major Tisha

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:01 pm

eddie2 wrote:"15:46:09 ‹Masli› and don't use white,yellow, teal, green and light grey". is not a warning

OK, clearly this is turning into a place for you to vent your frustration about your banning. I'm going to send this to Rejected.

If you have a rational, well thought out reasoning for why the colors should be removed, you may start a new topic. And the next time around, use the form!
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 pm

i didnt start going into it like that metsfanmax. sorry if the live chat mods want to invent rules then let them invent them. but plz add them to the rules. (and they wonder why only 1 percent of the site use live chat)
Major eddie2

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 pm

eddie2 wrote:i didnt start going into it like that metsfanmax. sorry if the live chat mods want to invent rules then let them invent them. but plz add them to the rules. (and they wonder why only 1 percent of the site use live chat)

Eddie, I already explained to you, that it is already mentioned in the rules. Live Chat rules stem off of the Forum Guidelines. The Forum Guidelines already say not to use annoying colors. When a Chat Mod tells people to not use a color, you should listen to them.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby OliverFA on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 am

In the age of modularity and object oriented programming there exists a piece of software that comes with colours that can't be removed in any way except by editing the source code? I am shocked! :o
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Moving this to Implemented
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby eddie2 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:50 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:1. Use the form

rofl i bet the rimmer feels stupid
Major eddie2

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:28 am

:roll: I think eddie2 just hit a new level
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 am

I am pleasantly surprised. In this case, I'm more than happy to be wrong.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby OliverFA on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Have Faith!
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

OliverFA wrote:Have Faith!

I'm Atheist. Unless you're offering me a fine Spanish lass named Faith. If that's the case, PM me some pics.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby OliverFA on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, we have a pretty Scientologist office here in Madrid. I almost became Scientologist just by passing by and seeing how beautiful it is! :lol:

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
OliverFA wrote:Have Faith!

I'm Atheist. Unless you're offering me a fine Spanish lass named Faith. If that's the case, PM me some pics.

But faith is not necessarily tied to religion. I have faith this chair won't collapse while I'm sitting in it. But, we digress.

Hooray for this and this forum, eh?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Locked.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Archived Suggestions