Conquer Club

It's Your Choice! [New TO, see page 8]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: It's Your Choice! [FULL]

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Scottyboymck wrote:In please if there is space if not Im happy to go down as a reserve.

Sorry man, there is no need for reserves in a tourny of this nature.. But I will put you down as a contact to let you know the next time I run a tourny!

codierose wrote:cant find them what is the game label
the drop down for all the torneys has gone on my game finder is there a link to the games

Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the new gamefinder. here is what you need to do:

Go to game finder, click find a tournament. Then click on 'select', then you should be back to the game finder page. Hit search, and that should be all you need!

The Game Label is: Round 1, Week 1
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Re: It's Your Choice! [FULL]

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:How points will be awarded:
I will take your number of GAMES WON and multiply it by the PERCENT WON. Remember, for every game that you play above 5 games, or below 1 game, I am deducting 2 games from your games won category.. so playing those extra games will only hurt you in the end! [NOTE: I will be taking your score at the END of week 20, not each week, or each round. Points will be calculated based on all your games as a whole, NOT as each week, or as each round, individually.]

Take a look at the bolded part of that quote, I edited that in just now because a player had a question about how points were awarded. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused!

Re: It's Your Choice! [Round 1, Week 1]

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 am

It has been nearly 6.5 days since Round 1 Week 1 games have been sent out, so I will send out Round 1, Week 2 games right now. I will also be dropping all Round 1 Week 1 games that have 0 players in them, so now you can only join games that are half/filled for week 1... So for those of you that have yet to play any games in week 1, you better get going! :P

Re: It's Your Choice! [Round 1, Week 2]

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 am

Just as a reminder to everyone.. The max games you can join per week is 5 games! Every game you join over that will give you a decrease in score, so be careful!

Postby pescadillos on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 am

me too,
in please
Private pescadillos

Re: It's Your Choice! [Round 1, Week 3]

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 am

Week 3 has begun!

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS

From Round 1, Week 4 until the end of the tourny, I will be ordering the maps in alphabetical order. Everything is still random, it just makes me be able to create the games slightly faster! :)

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Just as a reminder to everyone.. The max games you can join per week is 5 games! Every game you join over that will give you a decrease in score, so be careful!

I see two players now over 15 games so they will be getting penalized I suppose

Will you be doing a scoreboard?
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:48 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I see two players now over 15 games so they will be getting penalized I suppose

Will you be doing a scoreboard?

Correct. I will also be talking to Lindax about whether or not I should allow those that break the tourny rules to be eligible for the GA medal...

By a scoreboard, do you mean a week by week update of the score, based on my formula? Or do you just mean total number of games played/won/lost? Or a round by round played/win/lost?

I was not planning on doing a scoreboard, but maybe I will do a played/win/lost table, if I can figure out an easy way to do it (since it does take up a lot of time each week to make all the games needed for each week)

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:53 pm

you could just complete an entire round and then do an update of the standings I guess--not sure

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:45 am

Yea, I might do that Highlander.. Though with the score formula, points can go down from one round to the next depending on number of games played, and your preformance in those games.. I might make a 'scoreboard' but no promises, this summer is pretty hectic for me

Speaking of my hectic summer, I will try and send out the next weeks games tomorow morning, but then I am going away until the 9th... So I won't have the week after the next week's games made, I will send them out ASAP but week 5 might come very late, and I am very sorry for that

Nothing can be done though, I will have no internet access for over a week :(

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 am

Just so everyone is aware, I did speak to Lindax, and anyone who plays over the 5 game limit in ANY round will be un-eligible for the GA medal

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:32 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Yea, I might do that Highlander.. Though with the score formula, points can go down from one round to the next depending on number of games played, and your preformance in those games.. I might make a 'scoreboard' but no promises, this summer is pretty hectic for me

Speaking of my hectic summer, I will try and send out the next weeks games tomorow morning, but then I am going away until the 9th... So I won't have the week after the next week's games made, I will send them out ASAP but week 5 might come very late, and I am very sorry for that

Nothing can be done though, I will have no internet access for over a week :(

You could make weeks five and six with different passcodes --let me know what the pass is for week six--I will pm everyone when it is ready to start

With the scoreboard it is no real big deal--maybe list games played and games won--you will have to use tour stats and check each week to make sure players played at least one game and no more than five--If you want to ask to add me to this tourney to help you out I can do it--up to you--I will pm you this as well.

Re: It's Your Choice! [Needing Rescue]

Postby Lindax on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:39 pm

This tournament is now labeled "Needing Rescue". If it is not rescued within a week it will be considered abandoned.

If you are interested please read this section of the Tournament Handbook first (if you’re not familiar with it):

Rescued Tournaments Policy

Then send Lindax a PM.

Lx
Abandoned & Rescued Tournaments
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: It's Your Choice! [New TO, see page 8]

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:27 pm

This tournament has been rescued by HighlanderAttack.

He will use this thread for updates, etc.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:36 am

This tourney will continue starting on Sunday or Monday depending on when I have the time to work through everything. The games will be sent out around the same time each week. I will send everyone a pm with updates this weekend along with posting the same information

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:58 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:Old topic: viewtopic.php?t=146188

I am taking over this tourney. I will be reviewing everything and making notes here. The old topic can be found at the link above. Today is 8/8 and I will be sending out games tonight.

The rundown:
Alright, here is the rundown of the tourney=

Rounds:

This tourney will consist of four rounds, each round will consist of 5 weeks, and each week I will be making 160 games, each with a random map of my choice and random settings of my choice, all of these things are going to be randomized via Random.org, with the help of an excel spreadsheet.

Each week, a player MUST join at least one game. The maximum number of games a player can join each week is 5 games. Failure to meet these requirements will result in point loss, which will be explained a few lines down in this post :)

At the start of each new week, I will go back to the previous week and delete all the games that has 0 players in it. I will go back TWO weeks and delete all games with 0 or 1 player left in it. This means that if you join a game, you a guaranteed to have two weeks to get it filled. Edit--you will have one week only to join games--I will check on Sunday night for any games that have not been filled and send a pm to the players that have not been filled by an opponent--it will be your responsibility to find an opponent --I do suggest getting in games earlier than Sunday--Each Monday I will make new games.

At the start of each new week, I will send out a PM to all players with the password for that week.

**REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH ROUND:
1. Each week, you are only allowed to play in a MAXIMUM of 5 games. Why? This is so that one player does not join every single game, and another player join every single game, and having that round consist of two people playing. :) And look how many games I am letting you join... 5 is plenty! (5 games max times 5 weeks per round equals 25 games per round)
2. You must play a MINIMUM of 1 games per week. This is so that I don't have that one player who doesn't join any games until the last few weeks of the tourny :) It also encourages you to stay more active throughout the tourny!
3. HAVE FUN!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WARNING: Failure to play in 1 game each week will deduct 2 wins from your score, for each game you do not play. Failure to comply with playing a Max of 5 games will deduct 2 wins from your score, for each game that you play over 5.
And remember! Just because you join a game DOES NOT mean that game will start! It is very possible that you may join, lets say a hive game with adj forts. Well, there is a good chance no-one will join to play against you, and if that happens, you need to be aware.. --again this means you are responsible for joining games that start

How points will be awarded:
I will take your number of GAMES WON and multiply it by the PERCENT WON. Remember, for every game that you play above 5 games, or below 1 game, I am deducting 2 games from your games won category.. so playing those extra games will only hurt you in the end! [NOTE: I will be taking your score at the END of week 20, not each week, or each round. Points will be calculated based on all your games as a whole, NOT as each week, or as each round, individually.]

General Achievement Medal:
Whoever has the most games played will receive a GA medal!! If there happens to be a tie between two players, a 1v1 random map 5 game series will be played! A tie between three or more players will result in a round robin or other formatted style 1v1 competition for the medal. :)

General Achievement Medal # 2:
Whoever has the highest win percentage will receive a GA medal!

((Estimated end-date: Late October/Early November))
--I estimate with the month plus delay that this will end sometime in the new year but we shall see how things go

I have made some edits to this tourney just to make things clear. The same scoring and rules apply. The only difference is that games will be available for one week, and not two weeks. Basically you have Monday through Sunday to join games that start. You will get a reminder on Sunday and I will keep games up until the new week starts on Monday.[/quote]

Postby codierose on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

8-) hA =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major codierose

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:07 am

----
New TO: HighlanderAttack

New tournament thread: It's Your Choice!

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Previous

Return to Abandoned