Conquer Club

*BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

*BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 am

Congrats to our winners!!! Tdans and Ffraid!!!

congrats to the winners of the contest, and congrats to the admins for not thinking it was an offense for members of FOED to come into our clan forum with an old members password they had, steal the answers and post them within their forums. one of our winners got the answers that way, and we still paid out the premium. i find this truly disturbing because Team CC members are in FOED, knew it was going on, said nothing, and none of the ADMINS found even this behavior wrong or out of line with the spirit of what a member of team CC should stand for. Congrats to the winners, Congrats to FOED for trying to destroy our contest instead of making their own contest to attempt to better ours. Cheating in a forum contest that is to benefit the community and show a clans goodwill to the community is low. Being a member of team CC and knowing it is going on within your own clan and doing nothing about it is lower. Being an admin and stating that no rules were broken is about as low as you can go on this forum. Great Contest Bandits! sorry it was ruined by my ban (my inbox was overflowing with entries and i was unable to access them) and by another clans jealousy over our contest!!!-the black jesus

Win 1 Free Premium Membership!!
Participate In the Bullet-Proof Bandits Musical Signature Contest!!!

This week marks the 30th anniversary of the day that video killed the radio star, thus the Bullet-Proof Bandits are flying the above special signature recognizing many of our favorite albums. In conjunction with this special month long clan signature, we are running a contest open to any member of Conquer Club to win a FREE Premium Membership. The contest is simple and direct. Name as many of the albums within our sig as you can, and submit your efforts. The person/persons with the most correct album names within their submission will then be entered into a random drawing, if necessary, to decide who wins the Premium Membership. So, be careful who you share your research with, because you may be the only person that has figured out one, if not all of the tougher albums!!

Time to dust off your encyclopedia, wikipedia, dictionary and search engines, and figure out the albums within our clan sig and submit your entry as soon as you can. Also, feel free to fly the BpB sig on your profile as a show of respect for this momentous occasion and to spread the word about the contest!!!

Submissions: Please submit your entry using the below list of BpB members. Simply fill in the name of the artist and album each BpB member has selected for their slot in the sig, next to the appropriate members name. Then submit the below completed list to owenshooter, and wait for the results at the end of the month. Remember, it is not necessary to name ALL of the albums within our sig, but the more correct answers you submit, the better your chances are for winning:

Jbrettlip:
Fruitcake:
Vace Cooper:
Owenshooter:
jaydog:
eddymush:
Robinette:
djt5483:
acyckowski:
happy2seeyou:
frozen_flame:
fwblb:
Mr Changsha:
daydream:
Dancing Mustard:
ronc8649:
superrag:
mikiesdios:
Uncle Death:
SolidOrange7:
Stoggieman:
General Mojo:
mcapizzi:
Professor Chaos:
ctwong1:
freddieparrot:
natty_dread:
chuck D:
Spoongod:
squishyg:
Last edited by owenshooter on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: *Bullet-Proof Bandits / Sig Contest*

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 am

thanks to natty for making the sig, looks great... the bandits first non-cooper sig in our existence, wow... anyway, i remember the first time i saw Mtv... we had just flown into el paso from frankfurt germany, moving to white sands missile range (where i would eventually meet brett)... on the ride through the dessert, our driver remarked how we had just missed all the rattlers, tarantulas and coyotes on the side of the road earlier, and my mother began to sob uncontrollably (HA!!!)... when we arrived on the base, my dad went to a pay phone to call his commander and let him know we had arrived. he stormed back to the van overly pissed and muttering. my mother asked what was wrong, and he said, "THE GOD DAMN PHONE COSTS A QUARTER!!!! WHEN WE LEFT, IT WAS 10 CENTS!! WHO THE f*ck PAYS Twenty Five Cents TO MAKE A DAMN PHONE CALL?!!!" ahhhh, america, you had passed us by while we were wearing lederhosen, sipping on heffe weiser and eating nutella.. when we arrived at our housing, the first me and my brothers did was run to the TV and started flipping channels.. then we saw it... the rocket launching, the man on the moon, the MTV flag, we all shouted, "WE HAVE MTV!!!!!!" john cougar mellencamp came on followed by billy squier, and i woke up in front of the tv, with MTV still on the next morning... yeah, i remember when MTV played music, i'm old...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:59 am

you should link the sig so that when people click it...it comes to this thread ;)
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am

lord voldemort wrote:you should link the sig so that when people click it...it comes to this thread ;)

it already does, but thanks for the input... first Mtv memory?-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Our list is not complete....my name isn't even there!
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:50 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Our list is not complete....my name isn't even there!

oh, you didn't get that PM from me and fruitcake?-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby General Mojo on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:51 pm

In with a fist pump...
Brigadier General Mojo

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Good luck to all who enter.

Fc

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:01 pm

i'm still waiting for some "my first MTV memory" moments... fruitcake, you were around when the television was invented, so your comments will especially interest me... you know, the sociological changes you saw occur when television was introduced vs. the changes you saw when MTV launched in england...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dibbun on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

First time I watched MTV was in what, '97? The video was Inside Out by Eve 6. I thought, "Oh, music on television. How quaint." Then I never watched it again.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby natty dread on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:56 pm

I first watched mtv.. I don't know, in the beginning of 90:s or so? I was a wee toddler back then.

I was really impressed by it back then - of course, we didn't have internets, or any other source of pop culture back then, so it was kind of a big deal.

I even wrote about it for show & tell in school, I recorder some music videos on VHS tape and played it in school. Most kids didn't get it - they didn't have mtv in their homes...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:11 pm

First music video I saw was on HBO back in the early 81-82's. They used to fill time between movies with them. Got HBO in fall of 83 when we moved to Yuma. Thanks to MTV, I thought MAdonna was quite hot, and that Michael Jackson was a ladies man. f*ck was I stupid...
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby squishyg on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:37 pm

I remember becoming obsessed with Paula Abdul and discovering that MTV showed hour long blocks of her videos over and over. It was heaven.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:44 pm

have already received 4 entries, but nobody has guessed all of them... keep 'em coming...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dibbun on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:30 am

stfu Madonna is still hot.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:31 am

Dibbun wrote:stfu Madonna is still hot.

Postby BoganGod on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:20 am

natty_dread wrote:
Dibbun wrote:stfu Madonna is still hot.

still hot for an old man with too much time under the knife.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Dibbun on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:33 am

ASS LIKE DAT
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 am

Wait, so why is Dibbun sucking on the testes of BPB?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:00 am

Army of GOD wrote:Wait, so why is Dibbun sucking on the testes of BPB?

Like 99% of CC, Dibbun is secretly hoping to one day be accepted into the Bandits...

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 am

natty_dread wrote:

Like 99% of CC, Dibbun is secretly hoping to one day be accepted into the Bandits...

you are wrong. his hope is not secret.

anyhow, i don't really have a first mtv moment. we did not get it in australia. we had rage. it still screens videoclips.

there isn't a clubber in australia who's night hasn't started with rage or come home and ended with it on (it screens until 11:30 sat mornings, 6:30 sunday). friday night's special guest programmer was sneaky sound system.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 am

greenoaks wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

anyhow, i don't really have a first mtv moment. we did not get it in australia. we had rage. it still screens videoclips.

there isn't a clubber in australia who's night hasn't started with rage or come home and ended with it on (it screens until 11:30 sat mornings, 6:30 sunday). friday night's special guest programmer was sneaky sound system.

My mistake, that means he belongs in the remaining 1%.

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:45 am

natty_dread wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

My mistake, that means he belongs in the remaining 1%.

you are correct that there aren't many on this site like Dibbun or is it there aren't many on this site that like Dibbun

i get so confused :?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 am

Confusion is a permanent state of being for some.

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:32 pm

My first MTV moment was sitting home after tonsil surgery watching Beavis and Butthead. We didn't get anything but local channels where I lived. Once we got cable in our area, I became a steady follower of Celebrity Deathmatch through middle/high school.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion