Conquer Club

Istanbul [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [World Cities Contest] - Istanbul

Postby ISN2 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions ...

Here is the last update:
Click image to enlarge.

Type mistakes are fixed.
Some bonuses are changed based on Victor Sullivan suggestion to balance them more.
A photo of Santa Sophia and a flight ticket are added.
Many other small details are changed.
Major ISN2

Postby sannemanrobinson on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:20 am

The ticket and postcard are nice to make it a more tourist feel. Some remarks to make it even more pleasing:

- The pen writing at the Hagia Sophia postcard doesn't add anything in my taste. A note of where it is located (mollafenari) brings the map more alive.

- Could the bonus legend become some kind of checklist that you have visited? Like seen that done that. Then the pen has some connection with the legend and the map.
- An other idea to make a legend could be a postcard for every bonus area with a corresponding border colour and bonus name.

- There is a lot of unused space at the bottom. If the legend would move to the top behind the pen, 1/10th could be cropped.
Major sannemanrobinson

Re: World Cities Contest - Istanbul [1 Jul 2011]

Postby ironsij0287 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:29 pm

It's looking really nice. The map overall still appears very neat and pristine though. Not necessarily one that has been used for traveling. I don't know, maybe it needs some creases or map folds. Also a coffee cup stain might add some character to a map that's seen some use.

http://www.brusheezy.com/Brushes/2168-C ... op-Brushes
Sergeant 1st Class ironsij0287

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:43 am

What is happening here?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby ISN2 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:21 am

Asleep blue guys O:)
Major ISN2

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 am

ISN2, you re in final forge.
You must present a large and small map, and the xml with centering.
Is everyone awake on your side? O:)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby ISN2 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:30 am

cairnswk wrote:ISN2, you re in final forge.

I can not make a small, a large and XML each time!!!

I presented the large map and I need the OK, so I would be able to make the small and XML, this map has supposed to get changed a lot, how can I make each time small and large map + XML? Then Blue guys would come with new ideas ...

If I get an OK for the last release then I will make the Small and XML O:)
Major ISN2

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 am

Posted 1 Jul
sannemanrobinson wrote:The ticket and postcard are nice to make it a more tourist feel. Some remarks to make it even more pleasing:

- The pen writing at the Hagia Sophia postcard doesn't add anything in my taste. A note of where it is located (mollafenari) brings the map more alive.

- Could the bonus legend become some kind of checklist that you have visited? Like seen that done that. Then the pen has some connection with the legend and the map.
- An other idea to make a legend could be a postcard for every bonus area with a corresponding border colour and bonus name.

- There is a lot of unused space at the bottom. If the legend would move to the top behind the pen, 1/10th could be cropped.

Posted 21 Jul
ironsij0287 wrote:It's looking really nice. The map overall still appears very neat and pristine though. Not necessarily one that has been used for traveling. I don't know, maybe it needs some creases or map folds. Also a coffee cup stain might add some character to a map that's seen some use.

Well ISN2, you last posted an update on Fri 1 Jul. Since then, you haven't answered the above two posts as to if you're going to attend to any of these suggestions, and there definetely isn't an update.
Perhaps it would be 'awakening' if these posts got a response, and in the meantime if want the 'blue boys' to look at your map, then do something with it like produce an update or clarify your intentions. :)

ISN2 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:ISN2, you re in final forge.

I can not make a small, a large and XML each time!!!

I presented the large map and I need the OK, so I would be able to make the small and XML, this map has supposed to get changed a lot, how can I make each time small and large map + XML? Then Blue guys would come with new ideas ...

If I get an OK for the last release then I will make the Small and XML O:)

Fair enough, not everyone will want to do that, but you could make a start and show you are doing something towards getting the map finished. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: World Cities Contest - Istanbul [5 Aug 2011]

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:36 am

Click image to enlarge.

ISN2, some things that I have noticed with the map, and you can take it or leave it as you wish but these things have been bugging me... 8-[

Bottom map - words are really crisp but the little bit of map that is showing is very blurred.
The pen has an inconsistent light source on it. The top of the pen would show much more of the light source and not have it stop like that.
You have really crisp map and tickets but the postcard looks like it came from a bin. :lol:
The sea route from Zeytinlik to Fenerbache goes between the legend now. Can you move it so it goes above it.
You have inconsiistant shading behind the territ names. Some areas are thicker than others.
The light source on the table is not consistent with the maps. You have the maps, ticket and postcard brightly lit but the table seems to be in darkness.
The left side of the map is very jagged on the edge, this is not carried around to all the other sides and does not fit the crispness of the map.

Great work by the way. =D>
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby natty dread on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 am

Good points koontz, all of those should be addressed.

All of these edges are jagged: left side of the top map, all sides of the legend, right side of the bottom map. These need to be fixed.

The sea texture on the main map doesn't quite fit, it looks too 3d when it's supposed to be printed on a 2d map - try a flatter type of texture on it.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby tokle on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

A couple of minor comments.
Santa Sophia sounds a bit strange to me, would it not be better to use the Greek Ayia Sofia (Aγία Σοφία) or the Turkish Ayasofya?
Secondly, it should be possible to add the special Turkish letters? It looks a bit strange without them.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby ISN2 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:54 pm

sannemanrobinson wrote:The ticket and postcard are nice to make it a more tourist feel. Some remarks to make it even more pleasing:

The pen is just an object to make it more look like a desk, it adds the feel of "Hey this is a desk!" to the image and I believe adding anything more like notes and etc really makes the image kinda noisy in view ...

Since this is the desk of someone who didn't travel to Istanbul yet and is willing to do, he didn't visit anywhere, so checklist idea is out and about postcard idea there is no space and view noise problem could be there too if you mean exactly a postcard for each continent which makes it 8 postcards!

I tried moving legend/note to the top but it cant' be placed there cause it's bigger and making texts smaller will make it hard to read in small map. But I did a change in placing Note and did cut 40px from bottom of image.

ironsij0287 wrote:It's looking really nice. The map overall still appears very neat and pristine though. Not necessarily one that has been used for traveling. I don't know, maybe it needs some creases or map folds. Also a coffee cup stain might add some character to a map that's seen some use.

The fold idea is a real good idea but I tried some and could not make anything out of it, when I used fake fold methods (using light and shadow to make it look like a fold) they didn't get beautiful since in middle of the map there are both dark and light colors covering large areas and a shadow/light fold looks bad and unnatural there. Real folds with transform methods also made the map really bad looking and lowered text qualities a lot since I had to break the map from middle into 2 different angles.

koontz1973 wrote:ISN2, some things that I have noticed with the map, and you can take it or leave it as you wish but these things have been bugging me... 8-[

Bottom map - words are really crisp but the little bit of map that is showing is very blurred.
The pen has an inconsistent light source on it. The top of the pen would show much more of the light source and not have it stop like that.
You have really crisp map and tickets but the postcard looks like it came from a bin. :lol:
The sea route from Zeytinlik to Fenerbache goes between the legend now. Can you move it so it goes above it.
You have inconsiistant shading behind the territ names. Some areas are thicker than others.
The light source on the table is not consistent with the maps. You have the maps, ticket and postcard brightly lit but the table seems to be in darkness.
The left side of the map is very jagged on the edge, this is not carried around to all the other sides and does not fit the crispness of the map.

Great work by the way. =D>

I really liked some of your points.
About the blue thing, if you meant the map under the main map, I blurred it so people would know it's not part of the main map, anyway I changed it's angle a little to be seen less. If you meant the name of sea in white then I already removed it in this version.

The pen has not really an inconsistent light source on it. Try putting a pen like that on your desk when light is from Top Right and see the light on pen, it's exactly like the one I have. The Top piece of the pen is more bold specially after the golden ring piece. So in that piece it reflexes light the most like a point and then going to more top the pen gets less bold so less light get's to it since it's in back of the middle bold part. The bottom piece of pen is less bold and in front of that middle bold part, so it get's more light and reflexes more. Test it with a real pen and you will see :D

About the postcard I tried to make it look an old one, but yeah you are right, I removed the texture on it which was making it look dirty!

About the sea route I fixed it but it was really funny for myself, how the hell creator of that map knew that this person is going to put a note on bottom left of the map, so route is just changing path exactly around the note!!!? :mrgreen: So I just re-fixed my fix again, hope it's less funny!

I did also some very little changes in shading behind the territory names. They were all same, same color with same style but some were looking different because of colors around maybe!

About the light on Desk vs Map/Ticket/etc ... it's an effect to make the focus on map, That's my own wooden desk in which is this color and the corners with dark effect are exactly to make the middle more visible and beautiful. It's called "vignette" in photo editing techniques which add shadow and blur to corners of a photo/image to make the focus on middle ...
Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

I recused jagged sides a little, but since it's a paper, it still has to have some.

natty_dread wrote:Good points koontz, all of those should be addressed.

All of these edges are jagged: left side of the top map, all sides of the legend, right side of the bottom map. These need to be fixed.

The sea texture on the main map doesn't quite fit, it looks too 3d when it's supposed to be printed on a 2d map - try a flatter type of texture on it.

I fixed the sea texture. No more 3D O:)

tokle wrote:A couple of minor comments.
Santa Sophia sounds a bit strange to me, would it not be better to use the Greek Ayia Sofia (Aγία Σοφία) or the Turkish Ayasofya?
Secondly, it should be possible to add the special Turkish letters? It looks a bit strange without them.

I'm not sure but personally I heard Santa Sophia more but looking at Wikipedia it says "Hagia Sophia" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia) and the Turkish name "Ἁγία Σοφία" I got no proper font to write it! So I used this name: "Ayasofya (Sancta Sophia)" as wiki says "Latin: Sancta Sophia/Turkish: Ayasofya".

// \\ // // \\ // // \\ // // \\ // // \\ //

Here is the result:
Click image to enlarge.

If it's cool let me know to start the Small and XML and also a preview with numbers on it!? O:)
Major ISN2

Re: World Cities Contest - Istanbul [7 Aug 2011]

Postby tokle on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:20 pm

I've never heard it referred to as Santa Sophia before, but that's probably just me...
It seems strange to me as we're not talking about a saint called Sophia. Sophia here is not a name. The church was dedicated to the holy wisdom of God, sophia being the greek word for wisdom.

Are you sure your font doesn't have the Turkish letters? At least some of them are quite standard.
ü is at U+00FC
ğ is at U+011F
ö is at U+00F6
ş is at U+015F
ç is at U+00E7
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby ISN2 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:40 pm

tokle wrote:I've never heard it referred to as Santa Sophia before, but that's probably just me...
It seems strange to me as we're not talking about a saint called Sophia. Sophia here is not a name. The church was dedicated to the holy wisdom of God, sophia being the greek word for wisdom.

Are you sure your font doesn't have the Turkish letters? At least some of them are quite standard.
ü is at U+00FC
ğ is at U+011F
ö is at U+00F6
ş is at U+015F
ç is at U+00E7

The font is named "Journal", and any other hand writing fonts that I have, are having same problem, standard windows fonts like Tahoma support those characters but they are not good fonts for a hand wrote text on a postal card.
Major ISN2

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Remove the blur from the lower ticket. It looks awful and unrealistic.

There's maybe what, 20 pixels wide slice of it showing so you don't have to worry about anyone confusing it with the actual map...

The legend could use some kind of paper texture, and maybe curl it somewhat and add some shadow... currently it looks too sterile and pasted on.

Postby MrBenn on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:34 pm

If you're unable to produce a fold-line using your gfx software, there is another way....
1. Use Google image search to find images of folded paper/card (like this one)
2. Paste the image as a new layer
3. Rotate/Scale the image so that the fold is in the right place - if necessary, mask out any unwanted detail on the image (such as the second fold)
4. Change the blending mode to multiply or overlay so that the fold line shows but the paper does not
5. Ta-da!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Some additional thoughts for you.

I'm of the opinion that the map looks nice but the playable part doesn't seems to me so "Istanbul" citymap/postcard.
What do you think about to add something? for example monuments
show: images

Obviously the monuments thing is just a random thought, but I really think you should add more feeling to the playable part.

I've also did a colorblind test....:-k not so good i think.
show: colorblind test

You can play a bit with colors or maybe add something that will help the player to identify easily which are the bonuses on the map.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 am

Post card looks a lot better. Either name on it is fine but not both. :D
Sea route, was the captain of the boat drunk of high. You might need to move the legend a bit or even move one corner of the map but that route needs to be smoother. You can move the right side over to the top of the outcropping and on the left, do not have the start of the route going down first but have it run along the shoreline a little.
With the pen, I understand what type of pen it is but unless it curves down at almost 45%, you will need to increase the lighting along the top.
Sea better. Great in fact. :D
The blurred map underneath still needs to be made sharp. Not enough of it is shown to be a playable area but it really removes you from it now.
The jagged lines look a lot better and are probably acceptable now as I can well imagine that it has been folded over. :D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby tokle on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 am

ISN2 wrote:
tokle wrote:I've never heard it referred to as Santa Sophia before, but that's probably just me...

ü is at U+00FC
ğ is at U+011F
ö is at U+00F6
ş is at U+015F
ç is at U+00E7

The font is named "Journal", and any other hand writing fonts that I have, are having same problem, standard windows fonts like Tahoma support those characters but they are not good fonts for a hand wrote text on a postal card.

I meant the text on the actual map, not the postcard.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby MrBenn on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Tick tock...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 pm

MrBenn wrote:Tick tock...

What he said...Image
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby ISN2 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Tick tock...

What he said...Image

A little traveling around, will make another update in next week. O:)
Major ISN2

Re: World Cities Contest - Istanbul [1 Sep 2011]

Postby ISN2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 am

Last Edition:
Large:
Click image to enlarge.

Large With Numbers:
Click image to enlarge.

Small:
Click image to enlarge.

Small With Numbers:
Click image to enlarge.

XML:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map>
   <!-- Istanbul -->
   <continent>
      <name>Esenler</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Mumcu Mh.</territory>
         <territory>50. Yil Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Gaziosmanpasa</name>
      <bonus>3</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Karadeniz Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Yenidogan Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Meviana Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Guzeltepe Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Besiktas</name>
      <bonus>3</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Marmantepe Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Besiktas</territory>
         <territory>Etiler Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Beyoglu</name>
      <bonus>3</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Piri Pasa Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Kuloglu Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Muradiye Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Fatih</name>
      <bonus>6</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Kazim Karabekir Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Bayrampasa</territory>
         <territory>Fatih</territory>
         <territory>Kermal Pasa Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Mollafenari Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Inebey Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Gungoren</territory>
         <territory>Bes Telsiz Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Zeytinlik Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Guztepe</name>
      <bonus>4</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Kanlica Mh.</territory>
         <territory>164. Yil Polis Hatira Ormani</territory>
         <territory>Istanbul Kent Ormani</territory>
         <territory>Gosku Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Elmalikent Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Umraniye</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Atakent Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Saray Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Kadikoy</name>
      <bonus>8</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Ferah Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Uskudar</territory>
         <territory>Unalan Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Fetih Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Atasehir Ataturk Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Ayazma Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Zuhtupasa Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Kadikoy</territory>
         <territory>Atasehir</territory>
         <territory>Aydinevler Mh.</territory>
         <territory>Fenerbahce Mh.</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <territory>
      <name>Mumcu Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Karadeniz Mh.</border>
         <border>50. Yil Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>58</smallx>
         <smally>114</smally>
         <largex>75</largex>
         <largey>143</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>50. Yil Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Mumcu Mh.</border>
         <border>Yenidogan Mh.</border>
         <border>Kazim Karabekir Mh.</border>
         <border>Bayrampasa</border>
         <border>Guzeltepe Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>57</smallx>
         <smally>150</smally>
         <largex>75</largex>
         <largey>192</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Karadeniz Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Mumcu Mh.</border>
         <border>Meviana Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>95</smallx>
         <smally>137</smally>
         <largex>127</largex>
         <largey>175</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Meviana Mh.</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>188</smallx>
         <smally>147</smally>
         <largex>246</largex>
         <largey>190</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Yenidogan Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Marmantepe Mh.</border>
         <border>Piri Pasa Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>145</smallx>
         <smally>166</smally>
         <largex>198</largex>
         <largey>217</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Guzeltepe Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Etiler Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>229</smallx>
         <smally>113</smally>
         <largex>306</largex>
         <largey>143</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Marmantepe Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Muradiye Mh.</border>
         <border>Besiktas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>263</smallx>
         <smally>176</smally>
         <largex>355</largex>
         <largey>227</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Etiler Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kanlica Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>356</smallx>
         <smally>142</smally>
         <largex>475</largex>
         <largey>182</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Besiktas</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
         <border>Kuloglu Mh.</border>
         <border>Kermal Pasa Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>312</smallx>
         <smally>201</smally>
         <largex>417</largex>
         <largey>261</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Piri Pasa Mh.</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>210</smallx>
         <smally>215</smally>
         <largex>282</largex>
         <largey>279</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Muradiye Mh.</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>261</smallx>
         <smally>250</smally>
         <largex>364</largex>
         <largey>329</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kuloglu Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Ayazma Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>229</smallx>
         <smally>282</smally>
         <largex>311</largex>
         <largey>369</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kazim Karabekir Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Gungoren</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>71</smallx>
         <smally>228</smally>
         <largex>96</largex>
         <largey>299</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Bayrampasa</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Inebey Mh.</border>
         <border>Fatih</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>140</smallx>
         <smally>276</smally>
         <largex>188</largex>
         <largey>361</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Fatih</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>174</smallx>
         <smally>282</smally>
         <largex>232</largex>
         <largey>371</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kermal Pasa Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Fatih</border>
         <border>Mollafenari Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>186</smallx>
         <smally>329</smally>
         <largex>249</largex>
         <largey>428</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Mollafenari Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Zuhtupasa Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>248</smallx>
         <smally>327</smally>
         <largex>329</largex>
         <largey>434</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Gungoren</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Bes Telsiz Mh.</border>
         <border>Zeytinlik Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>33</smallx>
         <smally>315</smally>
         <largex>45</largex>
         <largey>412</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Zeytinlik Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Fenerbahce Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>33</smallx>
         <smally>368</smally>
         <largex>45</largex>
         <largey>484</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Bes Telsiz Mh.</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>87</smallx>
         <smally>369</smally>
         <largex>119</largex>
         <largey>483</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Inebey Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Fatih</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>130</smallx>
         <smally>319</smally>
         <largex>176</largex>
         <largey>421</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kanlica Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>164. Yil Polis Hatira Ormani</border>
         <border>Istanbul Kent Ormani</border>
         <border>Saray Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>443</smallx>
         <smally>150</smally>
         <largex>590</largex>
         <largey>190</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>164. Yil Polis Hatira Ormani</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>520</smallx>
         <smally>156</smally>
         <largex>692</largex>
         <largey>194</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Gosku Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Elmalikent Mh.</border>
         <border>Ferah Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>421</smallx>
         <smally>219</smally>
         <largex>564</largex>
         <largey>283</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Istanbul Kent Ormani</name>
      <borders>
         <border>164. Yil Polis Hatira Ormani</border>
         <border>Gosku Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>488</smallx>
         <smally>172</smally>
         <largex>658</largex>
         <largey>223</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Elmalikent Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Atakent Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>465</smallx>
         <smally>263</smally>
         <largex>624</largex>
         <largey>340</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Saray Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Atasehir Ataturk Mh.</border>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>502</smallx>
         <smally>306</smally>
         <largex>672</largex>
         <largey>399</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Atakent Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Fetih Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>467</smallx>
         <smally>327</smally>
         <largex>625</largex>
         <largey>430</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Ferah Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Unalan Mh.</border>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>404</smallx>
         <smally>261</smally>
         <largex>543</largex>
         <largey>343</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Uskudar</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>369</smallx>
         <smally>313</smally>
         <largex>492</largex>
         <largey>409</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Unalan Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>403</smallx>
         <smally>338</smally>
         <largex>540</largex>
         <largey>444</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Fetih Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kadikoy</border>
         <border>Atasehir</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>432</smallx>
         <smally>388</smally>
         <largex>578</largex>
         <largey>510</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Atasehir Ataturk Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>493</smallx>
         <smally>383</smally>
         <largex>659</largex>
         <largey>506</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Atasehir</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kadikoy</border>
         <border>Aydinevler Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>486</smallx>
         <smally>438</smally>
         <largex>644</largex>
         <largey>575</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Aydinevler Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kadikoy</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>479</smallx>
         <smally>468</smally>
         <largex>643</largex>
         <largey>620</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kadikoy</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Aydinevler Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>422</smallx>
         <smally>443</smally>
         <largex>565</largex>
         <largey>583</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Fenerbahce Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kadikoy</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>370</smallx>
         <smally>454</smally>
         <largex>491</largex>
         <largey>596</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Zuhtupasa Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kadikoy</border>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
         <border>Mollafenari Mh.</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>342</smallx>
         <smally>393</smally>
         <largex>456</largex>
         <largey>516</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Ayazma Mh.</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Uskudar</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>320</smallx>
         <smally>316</smally>
         <largex>427</largex>
         <largey>413</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <!-- Map By ISN2 -->
</map>
Major ISN2

Re: World Cities Contest - Istanbul [1 Sep 2011]

Postby natty dread on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:17 am

The edges of the minimap still look jagged...

The land area edges could use smoothing, there's many places with unnecessary small wiggles... like that thing on Zeytinlik, and the coast of Piri Pasa...

Also, the text is a bit hard to read on the small version.

Postby tokle on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 pm

tokle wrote:
ISN2 wrote:
tokle wrote:Are you sure your font doesn't have the Turkish letters? At least some of them are quite standard.
ü is at U+00FC
ğ is at U+011F
ö is at U+00F6
ş is at U+015F
ç is at U+00E7

I meant the text on the actual map, not the postcard.

A lot of the placenames are misspelled. Does no-one else than me have a problem with that?
Major tokle

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas