Conquer Club

Power Rankings

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Power Rankings

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

chuuuuck since its july again is the power rankings gonna get updated every 5 months or every feb and july each year?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Okay boys and girls,

I am ready to start gathering votes for another Power Rankings. First thing I will need is two volunteers who will look over the votes and my calculations with me. I reserve the right to pick anyone I choose for this, not necessarily the first two who say they will do it. As a volunteer you really don't need to do much except look at all of the votes with me to make sure we don't think anyone is intentionally trying to skew results and then look over the calculations in the end to make sure I did not make any errors. I will need to trust you that you do not share any of the votes with anyone else on this site. We have made it through two rounds of voting already with relatively little bickering about "I can't believe (so and so) voted this way" and I would like to keep it that way. I would prefer my volunteers to be from established clans who have been around the clan scene for a while so they are knowledgeable about who is who.

As soon as I have two volunteers set up, I will draft up a PM and start collecting votes.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the past to make this a worthwhile endeavor and I hope to have even more participation this time around.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:Okay boys and girls,

I am ready to start gathering votes for another Power Rankings. First thing I will need is two volunteers who will look over the votes and my calculations with me. I reserve the right to pick anyone I choose for this, not necessarily the first two who say they will do it. As a volunteer you really don't need to do much except look at all of the votes with me to make sure we don't think anyone is intentionally trying to skew results and then look over the calculations in the end to make sure I did not make any errors. I will need to trust you that you do not share any of the votes with anyone else on this site. We have made it through two rounds of voting already with relatively little bickering about "I can't believe (so and so) voted this way" and I would like to keep it that way. I would prefer my volunteers to be from established clans who have been around the clan scene for a while so they are knowledgeable about who is who.

As soon as I have two volunteers set up, I will draft up a PM and start collecting votes.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the past to make this a worthwhile endeavor and I hope to have even more participation this time around.

First of all, thank you for running this - I'm sure we all appreciate your time for doing this :)

Wouldn't it make sense to nominate people like Masli, who are not clan affiliated at this time, knowledgeable about the clan scene and shouldn't have any bias?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Dako on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Masli would be a great choice.
Colonel Dako

Postby Lubawski on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:52 am

I can help you out Chuck, now that we are no longer in the same clan.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Sorry for the delay in this. I expect PMs to go out in the next day or so. I will also PM Masli to see if he minds looking everything over unless he responds here.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Masli on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:Sorry for the delay in this. I expect PMs to go out in the next day or so. I will also PM Masli to see if he minds looking everything over unless he responds here.

Hey Chuuuuck,

I won't mind! However, I'm currently on vacation and probably won't have internet access next week. I will be happy to help out when I return from my vacation, that is on the 17th!
Colonel Masli

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Great. Masli and Leehar will be copied on all votes and they will check over the data for any errors I make as well as review votes with me looking for anyone trying to intentionally skew the results. Expect PMs soon.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 am

Chuuuuck wrote:Great. Masli and Leehar will be copied on all votes and they will check over the data for any errors I make as well as review votes with me looking for anyone trying to intentionally skew the results. Expect PMs soon.

Any update on when we'll start this?
General Master Fenrir

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:51 am

Is this a little redundant? With FarangDemon's Clan Ranking system showing good signs of being accepted by a lot of clans, and in use for the ACC.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm

They are different and PR is kind of awesome on its own. But it is damn hard to organize it.
Colonel Dako

Postby chemefreak on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

BoganGod wrote:Is this a little redundant? With FarangDemon's Clan Ranking system showing good signs of being accepted by a lot of clans, and in use for the ACC.

Just because a TO uses it in a tournament does not make it "accepted". I appreciate what FD is doing but his rankings put way too much emphasis on recent wars and win percentage (this is not the place for this discussion so I will leave it at this). This is a fun exercise by chuuuuck. I have always enjoyed it. But let's not get too caught up in the "officialness" of it all and just enjoy everyone's opinions.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Agreed, both systems have their own place, and I really enjoy these rankings as much as I do Farangs. The Power Rankings help to "legitimize" lower clans and reward successes seen in a mathematical system (such as FDs) by having the clan world as a whole recognize a clans development over time. I do however think it is much less effective for the top 5 or so clans, as the matches are so close that it really is a matter of opinion who is best. But for a clan like mine (GR) moving up 4-5 spots is great to see, and is a big morale boost overall to see that advancement.

With that being said....is there any timeline on the pms being sent for rankings? Or have I just not gotten one bc Im not cool enough?
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 am

While we wait... here is my top 10. I am going to leave out KORT so I cannot be accused of being Bias.

THOTA
TSM
Empire
TOFU
LoW
AOC
FOED
IA
BFM
NEM
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 am

Good list Bruce. I must say I've always favoured transparency when these lists are compiled. There have been some shocking choices made in the past and I believe a clan should have to account for its decision rather than slip something in under the veil of anonymity.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 am

Seeing as chuck has decided not to do this (I think I reaad correctly in that Conquerors Cup thread) I have the time to prolly do this. If no one else minds I can at least get this one done. With people attaching Masli and Leehar on it.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby NanoTheGreat on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

lord voldemort wrote: I have the time to prolly do this. If no one else minds I can at least get this one done. With people attaching Masli and Leehar on it.

I'm ok with this :)
Brigadier NanoTheGreat

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 pm

lord voldemort wrote:Seeing as chuck has decided not to do this (I think I reaad correctly in that Conquerors Cup thread) I have the time to prolly do this. If no one else minds I can at least get this one done. With people attaching Masli and Leehar on it.

That would be great! If you need/want any help outside of Masli and Leehar let me know, I would be happy to assist.

Postby ljex on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 am

lord voldemort wrote:Seeing as chuck has decided not to do this (I think I reaad correctly in that Conquerors Cup thread) I have the time to prolly do this. If no one else minds I can at least get this one done. With people attaching Masli and Leehar on it.

if you want help i can make and excel sheet that calculates everything for you if you would like. I'm sure Chuck uses something to do this other than just doing it by hand but with a few hours work i could make it a copy paste job for whoever does end up running this.

Speaking of this does anyone know where i can find a list of active clans?
Major ljex

Postby Leehar on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:19 am

show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ljex on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am

Leehar wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=438&t=137666&start=0 :?:

That works thanks
Major ljex

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am

good to know...ill get on this while watching the yankees game :)

Postby jigger1986 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Any updates/developments in this.

I see in the last post back in August LV mentioned he would be taking over, I wondered if anything came of that?

Postby Leehar on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 am

I think the Cla's discussing it, after a fashion
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:05 pm

jigger1986 wrote:Any updates/developments in this.

I see in the last post back in August LV mentioned he would be taking over, I wondered if anything came of that?

yeah the cla is taking over this....hence I didnt bother

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives