Conquer Club

NFL Road Trip 2011 WINNER - chapcrap

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

NFL Road Trip 2011 WINNER - chapcrap

Postby paulgamelb on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 am

It's another NFL tournament but not as you have seen it before. You are not picking a team and playing your way through their schedule with a map of your choice. The object of this tournament is to successfully navigate your way through the NFL's regular season 17 week schedule and visit a home game of all 32 teams.

The NFL's opening game is in Green Bay on 8th September and that is the starting point for the NFL Road Trip 2011.
Everyone joining the tournament automatically has Green Bay ticked off their list so you then need to visit the other 31 teams to win. The tournament will stop at any point that any one player completes their 32 team list so the full 17 weeks schedule might not be needed. If only one player gets there on their own, they win regardless of miles travelled.
Any more than one player reaches their target on the same week, the player who has travelled the fewest miles on their road trip wins.

Explanation

Players must play at least one game on every weekly schedule, there is no upper limit to games, if you can get to more than 2 on weeks where the schedule allows, then you are free to do so. Later on in the season there are weeks where there are games on a Thursday, Sunday, Monday and there is a week where there is a game on the Saturday night as well, so in theory, you could travel to four different venues that week.
You are not able to re-visit a home venue you have already been to. Note: You will have to go to both New York teams even though they share a venue. If you cannot travel to a game later in the schedule because you have already visited all of the games available (unlikely but possible) then you have lost and will be out of the tournament.

Example - Option 1. From Green Bay, you can choose to travel to a Sunday game only. So you can go to any of the highlighted venues in the option 1 box. Green Bay to Chicago will cost you 212 miles, if you win the game at that venue, double mileage if you lose.
You start week 2 in Chicago and your mileage to the week 2 schedules is calculated from Chicago. You can choose any of the highlighted venues but remember that to win, the lowest mileage is what you need.

Option 2 is to play a Sunday and a Monday game. You choose to travel to Chicago then onto Miami or Denver on the Monday. You will play the game in your Sunday choice first and your mileage is calculated depending on whether you win or not. The mileage in the second box is from the highlighted venue in option box 1 to Miami or Denver. You will play two games on the week 1 schedules.

Option 3 is to go straight to the Monday game. You choose to not play any of the Sunday games and go straight to the Monday night venue instead. So you travel from Green Bay to Miami at a cost of 1,572 miles or Denver at a cost of 1,101 miles. Playing only one game, mileage doubled up if you lose.

Conquer Club has enough maps in place to cover the whole USA so the maps that will be played on are the city maps if one exists for a particular team (NYC, Chicago, San Francisco) and the USA Regional maps showing the states for all the others (USA Rockies, USA South East, USA South West, etc)

The games themselves will be standard, auto, flat, chained, sun. Numbers of players in each game will obviously depend on the choices made regarding destination. Games will be multi player standard games. If you end up being the only player to choose a particular destination, then you will still have a game. I will use control players who are not actually taking part in the tournament but it keeps it fair with regards giving everyone a game at each venue and the chance of winning or losing.

WINNING THE GAME ON EACH DESTINATION CHARGES YOU THE MILES IT TOOK YOU TO GET THERE.
LOSING THE GAME ON EACH DESTINATION RESULTS IN A PENALTY - THE MILES YOU TOOK TO REACH THAT DESTINATION WILL BE DOUBLED.

So for the examples used above, play only a Sunday game. Win in Chicago, 212 miles, lose in Chicago, that mileage becomes 414 and so on.
Obviously, the more games you lose, the higher your mileage becomes and you have less chance of winning the tournament. The miles are calculated using google maps - stadium to stadium.

Tip: It is possible to reach all of the venues during the season because of the tv schedule. I have shown here the weeks teams are at home for tv. To complete your schedules, try to target those un-highlighted teams for your Sunday games first, the rest should fall into place fairly easily after that.

Notes: The Bills game in Canada and Tampa Bay's game in London will be ignored for mileage purposes. The miles those weeks will be to Buffalo and Tampa if they are your choosen destination, not Toronto and London.

To run smoothly, this tournament will require a lot of interaction between myself and the players taking part so some simple rules.

1. Premium membership only allowed to join.
2. All players will have to have played a minimum of 500 games on CC and have a 98% or above attendance record.
Looking for serious CC tournament players only here.
3. No players with a rating below 4.7 allowed.
4. Abusing other players during the tournament will result in your removal.

5. I will send each player a mail requesting their choice of destination. There will be a follow up mail issued if no
response is received within 48 hours. No response to the second mail will result in automatic removal from the
tournament. Common courtesy, I'll tell you when I won't be about so expect the same back.
6. If any player fails to join two game invites, they will be removed from the tournament. If you are not going to be
around, let me know.
7. I have a foes list, if you have managed to get yourself on it, you will not be coming off it and will therefore be ignored
on the sign up page.

Think I have covered just about everything here but no doubt people won't read this far and will still ask questions.
Last edited by paulgamelb on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Captain paulgamelb

Re: NFL Road Trip (17/20)

Postby paulgamelb on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 am

Player List

1. paulgamelb
2. callmecommander
3. mwaser
4. harvmax
5. Evil Semp
6. sonicsteve
7. Marshallbobby
8. General Bax
9. SNARF17WD
10. machrs
11. chapcrap
12. Ballistics
13. Xtemejeep88
14. ianphull
15. dorsettrob
16. canona85
Last edited by paulgamelb on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Captain paulgamelb

Re: NFL Road Trip 2011 (1/20)

Postby paulgamelb on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 am

Scores

Last edited by paulgamelb on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Captain paulgamelb

Postby callmecommander on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm

still a little confused as to how exactly the scoring works. But Very interesting and I definitely want to give it a go.
SW
Corporal 1st Class callmecommander

Postby mwaser on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

in please
Corporal mwaser

Postby harvmax on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

in pls but still not sure how it works
Sergeant 1st Class harvmax

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 pm

I would like to play but like all the others still a little confused.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby sonicsteve on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Can you add a concise summary of the scoring system, please? Sounds like it would be useful for some of the players who have signed up and I'm not sure I fully understand this after reading through it twice
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby paulgamelb on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:10 am

Example of how it runs with the five who have signed up so far - paulgamelb, callmecommander, mwaser, harvmax and Evil Semp.

We are all in Green Bay at the start and you have three options. Choose a Sunday game and stay there, choose a Sunday game and move onto the Monday night game or go straight to the Monday night game.

callmecommander decides to not play the Sunday game and goes straight to Miami for the Monday night game.
The rest of us decide to go to Miami as well but via a Sunday game and the one that is the lowest mileage is to travel to Jacksonville, then onto Miami. The four of us will play a standard game on the USA Southeast map. harvmax wins. The first column is the mileage from Green Bay to Jacksonville which is 1240 miles.

So points at that stage are:
harvmax 1240
paulgamelb 2480
mwaser 2480
Evil Semp 2480
callmecommander 0 - because he hasn't played yet.

Game complete, the five of us are now in Miami. Standard game played between all five of us on the same map as before since both venues are in Florida. Evil Semp wins. He is charged the mileage from Jacksonville to Miami which is 333. The losing players are charged double mileage. callmecommander is charged double the mileage from Green Bay to Miami as he choose not to play the Sunday game.

So points now are:
harvmax 1906 (1240 for win in Jacksonville in previous game and double mileage of 666 for losing second game)
paulgamelb 3146 (combined mileage for losing in Jacksonville and Miami)
mwaser 3146
Evil Semp 2813 (2480 for loss in Jacksonville, 333 for win in Miami)
callmecommander 3144 (Double mileage from Green Bay to Miami)

All of us apart from callmecommander have ticked off three venues, callmecommander has ticked off two but harvmax due to lowest mileage is currently winning.
Last edited by paulgamelb on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain paulgamelb

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 am

Sounds interesting... but I am still lost.

How many games per week? I see 1 or 2. How fast do the weeks run? How does one win? Who do you play if you go to Chicago or whatever city. Do you play whoever is in the same city? How are maps decided? Can you be eliminated before the end?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby paulgamelb on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 am

Bruceswar wrote:Sounds interesting... but I am still lost.

How many games per week? I see 1 or 2. How fast do the weeks run? How does one win? Who do you play if you go to Chicago or whatever city. Do you play whoever is in the same city? How are maps decided? Can you be eliminated before the end?

Some of your questions are already explained in the first text. You choose to play one or two games - see the explanation I have posted to try and help out.
The games will run as fast as the slowest player, the next games will go out when they have all finished.
You win the tournament by ticking off all 32 teams and having the lowest mileage to acheive that - already explained.
The players you play against are decided by the amount of players who choose a particular venue - in the text.
Maps - it's in the text.
Can you be eliminated before the end - yes - if you have nowhere to go on a particular week. If you have a destination to travel to and an opponent there when you arrive, you will get a game.
Captain paulgamelb

Postby Marshallbobby on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 am

in please :-)
if I understand corectly, every week you will send us a schedule of where we can go from the city where we played our last game and showing the mileage involved.
Cook Marshallbobby

Postby General Bax on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 am

in pls
Sergeant General Bax

Postby SNARF17WD on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 am

in , but you going to get nothing but hassle with this one
Sergeant 1st Class SNARF17WD

Postby hagardunor on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 pm

in please
Cook hagardunor

Postby paulgamelb on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Marshallbobby wrote:in please :-)
if I understand corectly, every week you will send us a schedule of where we can go from the city where we played our last game and showing the mileage involved.

Yes. Every player will receive a mail from me giving them their options for that week's schedule.
Captain paulgamelb

Re: NFL Road Trip 2011 (10/20)

Postby callmecommander on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 am

OK. I get it. =D> :D
I have never been more proud of myself. haha. You don't have to win at every venue. Just visit all of them. but if you lose at a particular venue you get double mileage for it. Let's git r' done. I'm just glad that you're going to be doing all the math though, because that seems like it might be a real headache.
SW
Corporal 1st Class callmecommander

Postby machrs on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 pm

in please...........i dont understand this...but lets have fun
Private 1st Class machrs

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 am

I'm in. I'll be winning by week 11. Mark it down. I already have it mapped.

I do have a question though. I know lowest mileage wins, but is that just the tiebreaker? If a person wins at 28 stadiums and has a higher mileage than someone who won at 22 stadiums, the one with more wins is the winner, correct? I just want to check for strategy.

And if you can only go to a stadium once during the season, then no one is really gonna win at 32 stadiums, right? I mean you'd have to go 32-0.

And if I reach all the stadiums by week 12, am I really kicked out or do I just not get any more games the rest of the way? And then the winner is decided later on?

Please PM me with response. Thanks.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Ballistics on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 pm

i'd like in plz
p.s. GO VIKINGS but hate mcnabb
Sergeant Ballistics

Postby Xtremejeep88 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 pm

in please
Captain Xtremejeep88