Conquer Club

*BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: *BpB Sig Contest/FREE PREMIUM*

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm

natty_dread wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I can assure you...The banning of owen had nothing to do with this contest.

You seem to have some inside information.

What did it have to do with, then?

Owen decided to leak the message that was sent to him, and I cannot go into any more specifics... Just a case of trolling.

The ban was not because TeamCC wanted this contest to go under, that's just silly to think of.
Captain Gilligan

Postby natty dread on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Gilligan wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I can assure you...The banning of owen had nothing to do with this contest.

You seem to have some inside information.

What did it have to do with, then?

Owen decided to leak the message that was sent to him, and I cannot go into any more specifics... Just a case of trolling.

The ban was not because TeamCC wanted this contest to go under, that's just silly to think of.

Trolling, eh?

I guess if you get to change the definition of "trolling" whenever it suits your purpose...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 pm

It is an unfortunate fact that team cc have decided to take the course of action they have. Owen's ban was because, according to Andy, he was trolling for having unilaterally posted his negative reaction on the subject of cc giving away a derisory 3 months premium membership to their winners. He then responded to 3 posts taking the opposite view to his by holding his ground. Team cc decided to strike by wiping out his facility to post his thoughts and responses. Shame on you Team cc and shame on you Andy.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, true to our word, this competition will continue.
The Bandits look forward to giving away 12 months membership to our winner.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:31 am

Dibbun wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:ATTN: PLease forward entries to me, since Owen is now on a forum ban. And I guess anyone who sent it to him earlier needs to resend since he can't access his pm's.

Thanks CC!!!

I think that it's incredibly classy that you guys are continuing the contest despite Team CC's best efforts to demoralize your fine organization.

If you stick your tongue in just a little bit further, I'll bet you can reach the transverse colon.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ronsizzle on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:19 am

why is owen on a ban...

maybe i need to read some bpb. am i still a member? gotta go and check, bye yall.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:49 am

Fruitcake wrote:It is an unfortunate fact that team cc have decided to take the course of action they have. Owen's ban was because, according to Andy, he was trolling for having unilaterally posted his negative reaction on the subject of cc giving away a derisory 3 months premium membership to their winners. He then responded to 3 posts taking the opposite view to his by holding his ground. Team cc decided to strike by wiping out his facility to post his thoughts and responses. Shame on you Team cc and shame on you Andy.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, true to our word, this competition will continue.
The Bandits look forward to giving away 12 months membership to our winner.

Oh the shame. When will it ever end. My guess. Never.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby The Cheat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Whoa whoa whoa ... I sent him everything except the one mysterious one that no one can identify ... who do I need to resend this to?
Lieutenant The Cheat

Postby The Cheat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Have resent the answer key, all save the one obscure one ... I just checked in/found out because I realized August has concluded and was wondering where my free premium prize was ...

Gilligan, I don't know what anyone does or why ... but this it seems pretty poor timing to ban someone from forum while they are in the middle of a free premium contest. Just saying ...

Jbrettlip: You have, per requested above, my response via PM ... please let me know ASAP. From a review of the previous posts, I am thinking I got the most correct, but then again, I don't have all of the responses either, we don't know that people didn't submit without engaging in dialogue on the forum, etc.

I don't want what isn't rightfully mine, but I think I deserve this ....
Last edited by The Cheat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SPARTANS, What is your profession?"
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6sARmxEuc&feature=related[/YouTube]
Lieutenant The Cheat

Postby squishyg on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm really impressed by the hard work some people put in! I wish we could give prizes to all the people who got them all or were only missing one.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Ffraid on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 am

Yeah, sorry Cheat, but I think I got them all and, from squishyg's post, I'm not the only one. Guess it's going to come down to a drawing.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:37 am

Ahoy, Ahoy Conquer Club! (stealing Andy's greeting since his allowing Owen's ban to stand has complicated our contest.)

As you all know, Owen still can't access PM's and has several entries that were sent to him before the witch hunt errrr, ban began. We are trying to sort it out, as we don't want to award the wrong person the prize. Therefore, this deadline has been extended until the 15th of September.

Currently, there are multiple entries with all the right answers.

As for clues/hints etc: many of our less active members had albums assigned to them based on user names or where they are from. The more active members picked their own.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Ffraid on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 am

C'mon, seriously? You've already got multiple entries with all the right answers, for which, as squishyg said, I worked very hard, and now you're giving clues? Bad form, imo. :(

One may think that saying such may incline you to not give me the prize, even if you draw my name, but I know how much you value the right to free speech. :D
Colonel Ffraid

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 am

Ffraid wrote:C'mon, seriously? You've already got multiple entries with all the right answers, for which, as squishyg said, I worked very hard, and now you're giving clues? Bad form, imo. :(

One may think that saying such may incline you to not give me the prize, even if you draw my name, but I know how much you value the right to free speech. :D

That is no worry. We aren't "fixing" this contest. Whoever wins, I am buying the prize for. We have done similar things before. Owen already bashed me on email for posting that, but since I already did, I am leaving it up as public info. Pulling it down now doesn't make sense.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Ffraid on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:48 pm

jbrettlip wrote:That is no worry. We aren't "fixing" this contest.

I believe you. :)

jbrettlip wrote:Owen already bashed me on email for posting that, but since I already did, I am leaving it up as public info. Pulling it down now doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I totally agree. Actually, I wouldn't even use the premium as much as some others. I don't play speed, I don't play that many games, the only thing I would use it for would be to start private games, so I don't really care that much if I win. I gotta say, though, I thought this contest was great fun :!:
Colonel Ffraid

Postby squishyg on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 am

Ffraid wrote: I gotta say, though, I thought this contest was great fun :!:

I'm do glad you enjoyed it! The last bpb sig contest was the main reason I got involved in the CC forums and community, and of course, what made me want to be a bandit in the first place!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Ffraid on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:45 pm

squishyg wrote:The last bpb sig contest was the main reason I got involved in the CC forums and community, and of course, what made me want to be a bandit in the first place!

Of course! :D The only other sig contest I knew of was the Black History Month one, way back in 2009. I didn't do all that well on that one, but I did think it was a great idea. A lot of fun and educational at the same time. Rocked this one, though. ;)
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Gilligan on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Ffraid wrote:
squishyg wrote:The last bpb sig contest was the main reason I got involved in the CC forums and community, and of course, what made me want to be a bandit in the first place!

Of course! :D The only other sig contest I knew of was the Black History Month one, way back in 2009. I didn't do all that well on that one, but I did think it was a great idea. A lot of fun and educational at the same time. Rocked this one, though. ;)

Pun intended?
Captain Gilligan

Postby Ffraid on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:47 am

Gilligan wrote:
Ffraid wrote:Rocked this one, though. ;)

Pun intended?

Indeed, it was!
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Ffraid on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello there, BpB!

What's happening with this contest? Is Owen back from his forum "vacation" yet? Did he have a good time? Did he take lots of pictures? Did he look into his Inbox and say, "Wait, we don't have multiple correct entries! Ffraid has the only truly correct answer to my, most difficult, album cover?"

Yes, my curiosity knows no bounds and is matched only by my capacity for inane chatter.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 pm

If look look further in the forums you can see robinette has a very lovely thread about the return of El jesus negro
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=114036
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Ffraid on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:If look look further in the forums you can see robinette has a very lovely thread about the return of El jesus negro
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=114036

Thanks for the info, CrazyIrishman. I had no idea he had been banned for that long. I thought Brett had said that the contest had been extended 'til 15 Sept., so I figured his ban was for 1 month. November! Wow.

Love the countdown clock, though.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby jbrettlip on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 am

It will be announced next week. Sorry for the delay. I simply have ahd no time to get this straghtened out.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Ffraid on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:45 am

jbrettlip wrote:It will be announced next week. Sorry for the delay.

Oh, it's no problem. I was just curious 'cause I hadn't seen anything in a while and I thought that Owen would be back by now.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby squishyg on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Ffraid wrote:

Oh, it's no problem. I was just curious 'cause I hadn't seen anything in a while and I thought that Owen would be back by now.

Thanks for following up with us! Good luck!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Ffraid on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:07 pm

squishyg wrote:
Ffraid wrote:

Thanks for following up with us! Good luck!

Thanks squishy! :)
Colonel Ffraid

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion