ender516 wrote:HIs profile says he was on about 90 minutes before OliverFA posted. His location says Slovakia, which implies it is now about 4:20 AM where he is. A guy has to sleep some time. (Please, no 4:20 jokes, it's just a coincidence.)
There are jokes to be had regarding the time of 4:20?
Ender, I mean that I'm worried that thebastard is no more interested....OliverFA has sent some PM to us all so he knows what is happening. Anyway, I'll try to catch him on MSN. He is a good guy and work with him was nice but I've asked him a 1000 times to keep the first post updated.....that's why I'm wondering where he is...I hope is not declaring forfait when we're so close to the completion of this map.
Btw, knowing him it wouldn't so strange if he is online at 4AM
DiM wrote:sorry if this is too late. feel free to ignore my comments if you do not wish to make changes as they are only minor things:
1. the B and S at the edges of the title are written even though the parchment is torn. basically where's a tear in the parchment there should also be a tear in the letter but it's not.
2. the shadows of the parchments are too big. it makes them look like they're floating way above the map
3. the corner curls of the parchments have individual shadows that don't look normal. for example the top left parchment with castles is hit by light coming from NNW but its bottom right curl has a shadow as if light is coming from E
4. the title parchment is so squished and stretched it looks very weird.
5. i'd like to see a version where the castles/towns/cities/ships are set on either overlay or multiply. right now they stand too much apart from the rest of the map, mainly because they have so much white.
Yeah all you said is true. I tried to work on those things but the main issue is that thebastard gave me a "bad" gimp file and the current version is the sum of previous errors (like merged layers, etc). So it's easy to understand that I had and have some limits in what i can do (for example parachments) if I keep the current files.
Anyway....I'm going to do a thing I don't like to do, specially considering that this one is not totally my own map....but thebastard is disappeared....
What I'm going to do is to re-draw the map again, but this time from the scratch, throwing away everything I have now! Ender, I'll try to keep the coords in the current positions, but this is not a promise...i'll do my best.
It will take a while before that I'm able to post the new version. Nobodies
thenobodies80, glad to see that you have managed to get this one moving again. Been a while since it was sitting at the bottom of the forum with nothing new. A couple of things, firstly, the map legend looks very dark and the text is hard to read. Can you lighten it up a tad? Secondly, as you seem to be the only one working on this, I take it that you will be the one getting credit for this now?